Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Alpine & Ice:
The big Question.. for the little people.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

archlimber

Nov 13, 2006, 5:10 PM
Post #1 of 3 (351 views)
Shortcut

The big Question.. for the little people.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok... some might think this thread may belong in the 'beginners' section, but I thought I would go straight to the people who care about ice.

Heres the big question:

How the hell do you get into ice without friends who climb ice. Most rock climbers I know dont want to touch the stuff. I have climbed ice a few times, I have my own gear, I have taken a course, but do not lead... just follow due to the small amount of days I have spent on ice. Its seems to me, most ice climbers are set with partners so its not very easy, like rock, to just find someone to climb with.

Any opinions or advice....

And that extra factor in leading ice that makes people (me) hesitant to climb with people who know there sh#t... you feel like your just going for a ride, you feel guilty.

perionychium

Nov 13, 2006, 5:16 PM
Post #2 of 3 (343 views)
Shortcut

Re: [archlimber] The big Question.. for the little people. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I feel that you would find ice climbing buddies the way you would normally find any sort of climbing buddies. Just be friendly, ask if they want to climb sometime, and exchange phone numbers. I don't tend to have a set climbing buddy and I find that most climbers will typically just climb with anyone as long as your motivated and will have a good time.

redlegrangerone

Nov 13, 2006, 5:20 PM
Post #3 of 3 (333 views)
Shortcut

Re: [perionychium] The big Question.. for the little people. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Being in Tucson, where ice climbers are in short supply, I just post here looking for partners. There are threads for it in the partner forum.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook