RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

MabG

Mar 6, 2007, 6:19 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1256 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by MabG
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

thomasribiere

Mar 6, 2007, 7:37 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1193 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MabG] Female Reponses Needed: climbing questions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So I move your thread to the famous and unique Ladies Forum, home of the elegance and eloquence.

granite_grrl

Mar 7, 2007, 3:12 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1031 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] Female Reponses Needed: climbing questions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thomasribiere wrote:
So I move your thread to the famous and unique Ladies Forum, home of the elegance and eloquence.

Sounds like you don't know many of us in here very well Laugh.

MabG - I tried sending you an email with your questionair. Did you ever get it? I can do it again if you'd like.

MabG

Mar 7, 2007, 4:42 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1015 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Female Reponses Needed: climbing questions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nope, I got it, thanks!

sway-reincarnate

Mar 8, 2007, 2:48 AM
Post #5 of 5 (892 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MabG] Female Reponses Needed: climbing questions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

having a problem sending my email at the moment.. so i will go ahead and post my reply in here. I really don't care who sees it :)

what kind of climbing do you do? at the moment due to the area i live in mainly a little bit of bouldering and some low end top-roping.

how often do you climb? when I am not injured, (like I am now) or when the kayaking season isn't in full swing, I try to climb at least twice a week

would you say you "suffer" from a degree of "gear worship"? in what sense? and how deeply? somewhat, I attach old 'biners to everything
and I always bring in the newest gear reviews to peruse while I am at work. If anything it's not the gear that I am worshiping as much as a manifistation of something I will be doing.

do you wear "climbing clothes" in every day life? yes and no, at work I am not able to wear clothing of my choice, outside of work.. well that's another story.

how many of your friends climb? (please include age and sex)
26 yr male, 30 yr female, 48 yr male, 16 yr male, 22 yr male, (following are estimates) 3 20-25 yr old males and 2 25-30 yr old females. Probably a few others but... I am thinking off the top of my head at the moment.

how many of these people did you introduce to climbing? (please include age and sex)
20? yr male and 25? yr female

how many of them did you meet through climbing? (please include age and sex) 26 yr male, 30 yr female, 16 yr male

What is your age and profession? 24 Military

do you engage in any organized religion or form of worship? nope athiest

what other hobbies or activities do you engage in? how long have you been doing them? Anything outdoors, been doing all of it my whole life the only thing that changes is the 'mode' Such as I grew up sea kayaking but only recently picked up whitewater, been skiing since I was 5 but only recently picked up telemarking. Grew up under the shadows of Baker, Rainer, St. Helens. even did some minor mountaineering when a kid but now I do it full time when the weather permits. I also have been sailing since I was a little tyke but now I am taking up kite-boarding etc.....

how often? everyday I am either outside doing something, or in the gym training to do something outside. ( and sometimes preparing myself or others for the next trip, see answer below)

and do you feel you devote more or less energy to each of these activities than climbing? I devote about equal time, mainly because I run a program for the base I am at that deals with all sorts of outdoor activities, since I am the chairperson and the head guide it often turns in to me hosting all of the trips.

have you ever ignored illness or injury to climb, or while in the process of climbing, in a gym setting? in a gym setting, only ignored a minor cold or a headache
in a non gym setting? a few times
what was the illness or injury? severely sprained ankle was the newest I can think of. ( happened a week ago) Bad enough that I chipped a bone in my ankle and I might need surgery.
why? I was already on the wall when it happened, what else could i do. that and there was a hike out involved afterwards. So i did what I could in regards to first aid, (tape etc..) then i just took it easy. Other then that there have been several times when I have continued to climb with bleeding wounds or other minor injuries that probably wouldn't have hurt so much had I not continued climbing.
did you feel it was "stupid? No because I always weigh the risks in my head. Granted sometimes I look back on certain situations and laugh, and other people (read non-climbers) think that I am being unreasonable, but I never push myself to a point that I can't return from.
were there any lasting or permanent effects or damage? would you do it again? As of right now, I dont know if there is any lasting effects to my current injury. Would I climb again knowing that I could injure myself? why yes.. yes I would. It would feel stupid if i let an injury prevent me from returning to something I love.
In reply to:

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook