RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

sterling_sonya

Jul 3, 2007, 5:03 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1998 views)
Shortcut

Sterling Rope's Goddesses on the Rocks, New River Gorge, WV
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello ladies!

Yes, another women's climbing event! This time it is located in the beautiful New River Gorge of West Virginia, September 29-30. This is our third year at this location and if it's anything like the last two years, we are going to have a blast!

Many clinics available, including 1/2-day, 1-day, and 2-day. Instruction provided by athletes from the Sterling Rope team, Alli Rainey and Jason Nelson, as well as Alan Jolley of Colorado Mountain Guides, and local guides from the New River Mountain Guide service.

Barbecue dinner/party, slideshow, and raffle (tons of great gear, clothes, etc.) on Saturday evening.

For more information, please email Sonya Becker at sonya@sterlingrope.com or visit our website at http://www.sterlingrope.com/...sp?pagename=upcoming

You don't want to miss this exciting event! Smile

(This post was edited by sterling_sonya on Sep 14, 2007, 5:22 PM)

Partner holdplease2

Jul 3, 2007, 8:21 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1971 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sterling_sonya] Sterling Rope's Goddesses on the Rocks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi All:

I had the great opportunity to work with Sterling on the Joshua Tree, CA Goddesses on the Rocks clinic. I must admit, I haven't been a huge fan of these types of gatherings in the past, but the timing was too perfect, so I volunteered.

Sonya and the Sterling/Peak Rescue team put out a tremendous amount of effort to have both high-level instruction available to all of the attendees, and also great functions in the mornings/evenings, as well.

This is not simply a clinic for beginners or first-timers. For example, in our two-day Trad Climbing clinic we had both women who bouldered very hard but just wanted to get into trad, as well as women with much less experience, divided by climbing experience/ability.

This clinic presents a significant opportunity for newer/less experienced climbers to explore climbing under a qualified instructor and an opportunity to explore new aspects of climbing, from self-rescue, to crack climbing, to traditional leading, for experienced climbers.

Additionally, it proved a great way for all of the women to find new partners in their local area. I managed to find a new Yosemite partner during the clinic. :)

-Kate.

(duplicate post to the one in the events and gatherings forum)

sterling_sonya

Aug 6, 2007, 6:39 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1384 views)
Shortcut

Re: [holdplease2] Sterling Rope's Goddesses on the Rocks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We now have ONLINE REGISTRATION!!! So, it is even easier to register for this event!

Okay ladies, what are you waiting for? Come on out and learn some new skills, meet new people, WIN gear/climbing clothes, and have a great time!

To register, go to:

http://www.sterlingrope.com/...sp?pagename=upcoming

The registration for the New River Gorge women's event, September 29-30, will be on the website by the end of this week.

wonderwoman

Aug 30, 2007, 3:56 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1278 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bump! Sign up, ladies! This is a great weekend!

Tiffany

sterling_sonya

Sep 17, 2007, 6:44 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1139 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bump - I was told by a friend that women probably won't notice that it is now an event at the New River Gorge, WV!

Come on ladies, don't miss some awesome climbing in a beautiful location! Sign up now and attend some great clinics!

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook