RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

acorneau

Sep 26, 2009, 8:34 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2488 views)
Shortcut

Best place to sell camera gear?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Howdy folks,

My girlfriend and I are cleaning out some stuff and we both have some older camera equipment we would like to get rid of, but we don't know the best place to sell it.

I've got an Olympus OM-1 and OM-2 with a couple of lenses and my GF has a Canon AE-1 with 5 or 6 lenses.

What are these worth now a days and what method of selling would bring the best money for the least amount of work? (Local camera exchange store, eBay, Craigslist, etc???)

Thanks.

JasonsDrivingForce

Sep 27, 2009, 1:29 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2463 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acorneau] Best place to sell camera gear? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Craigslist is great because they don't charge anything and the buyer will get to see the item before making the purchase.

However, ebay is great if you just want to sell it right away. You might or might not get as much for it but it gives you a little more peace of mind and a little more anonymity.

dlintz

Sep 27, 2009, 3:02 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2450 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acorneau] Best place to sell camera gear? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

acorneau wrote:
Howdy folks,

My girlfriend and I are cleaning out some stuff and we both have some older camera equipment we would like to get rid of, but we don't know the best place to sell it.

I've got an Olympus OM-1 and OM-2 with a couple of lenses and my GF has a Canon AE-1 with 5 or 6 lenses.

What are these worth now a days and what method of selling would bring the best money for the least amount of work? (Local camera exchange store, eBay, Craigslist, etc???)

Thanks.

Which Canon lenses do you have? A lot depends on which specific lenses you own and their condition.

Older 35mm film bodies are hardly worth anything these days. If the lenses are still compatible with DSLRs you might have a chance at selling them. For the Canon stuff you might try browsing the Sell forum on this Canon site. Use the search function to find what other have been selling and buying those specific lenses for.

As Jason said you could definitely list them on craiglist for the least hassle.

d.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook