RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

carlb

Dec 8, 2002, 7:33 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1571 views)
Shortcut

New to Melbourne (aust)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi all,

I've just moved to the West Island (as we like to call it where I come from) from NZ. I'm living in Carlton, in Melbourne. Looking for people to climb with - indoors or out. As far as indoor climbing goes, am keen to climb with people at Victoria Ranges, because it's handy to my work, but the Mill is also a possibility.

I've been climbing about a year, currently a bit rusty as haven't climbed since I moved here. Was climbing 18/19 when I last tried. Happy to climb with those at any level, as long as you have some respect for human life Climb mostly top rope so far, but I can lead belay. Have the bare minimum of my own gear, but am keen to acquire more when I am back into things. No car of my own, but am more than happy to chip in for transport costs etc.

Contact here or text/ring 0405 762 677

tx,
Carl

shawkshaw

Dec 9, 2002, 6:47 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1571 views)
Shortcut

New to Melbourne (aust) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey there,
welcome to australia. im from sydney so not much help but there is an awesome victorian climbing site called chockstone where heaps of people get together and climb
go to Chockstone forum
hope this helps
steve

[ This Message was edited by: shawkshaw on 2002-12-08 22:48 ]

the_elk

Dec 9, 2002, 6:55 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1571 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi there,
I'm from Melbourne! I climb at Vic Ranges and I've never found it hard to meet people there.
Vic Ranges has an awsome/large bouldering area too. So rocking up alone shouldn't be a drama, and people are generally cool about giving new faces a belay up something, and even organise some road trips. Come along and meet the locals.

My advice; The Mill is over priced and I think the environment is more fun at Vic Ranges.

See ya 'round.

Elk

carlb

Dec 10, 2002, 7:57 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1571 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi shawkshaw,

thanks for website tip, there is indeed a lot of melbourne traffic on that site.

hi the_elk,

thanks for the advice about Vic Ranges. I'm glad it's better because it'll be easier for me to get to. If there's a good bouldering area I'll be there in spades.

maybe I'll run into you there some time.

cheers,
Carl

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook