Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Finding partners on the spot around Krabi/Tonsai
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Zephyr

Apr 27, 2010, 6:10 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2387 views)
Shortcut

Finding partners on the spot around Krabi/Tonsai  (Asia: Thailand: Southern_Provinces)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've given myself 3 months this summer to bum around Thailand solo. Last summer I went to Yosemite with a very small amount of climbing experience, a trad rack from my parents, the basic personal gear, and no plans. The minute I stepped into Camp 4 I made friends and ended up staying there the whole summer climbing every day. I'm wondering if the same thing could happen in Thailand (on a smaller scale, maybe for a couple weeks). If I go there with the basics (harness, shoes, belay device, a few slings, a few quick draws, a couple extra beaners) would it be pretty easy to find climbing partners? I would want people who would be patient with me refreshing my memory (haven't climbed outdoors since last summer!) and could share a rope (I'd rather not bring my rope because I'm not only going to climb). Also, I'm a 20 year-old female...should I be worried about being taken advantage of in Thailand? I get the sense that it's a pretty safe environment for women...

sw00p1986

May 2, 2011, 6:23 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2027 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Zephyr] Finding partners on the spot around Krabi/Tonsai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Smile hi when u goin there? I will be on ton sai from mid May for about a month and then in chiang mai for another 3 weeks or so. Got rope and quickdraws.. let me know if u wanna join.
see ya Stepan

rtwilli4

May 2, 2011, 9:35 AM
Post #3 of 3 (2018 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Zephyr] Finding partners on the spot around Krabi/Tonsai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thailand is easy to travel, easy to find partners. You won't be taken advantage of any more than any of the male tourists.

What I mean is that it's easy to get taken for a ride by the locals, but in the end you've probably only lost a few bucks and they've cleverly gained a few hundred baht.

Don't put yourself in the position to be robbed, raped or harmed and it won't happen. Unfortunately many people in Thailand choose to ignore that advice.

Have fun!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook