RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

zoltank

Jan 2, 2015, 6:38 PM
Post #1 of 1 (2969 views)
Shortcut

Shoes for someone with toe problems
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have claw toes on both feet. My podiatrist says I don't need surgery yet, but if they get worse then surgery will be the only option. Unfortunately they're bad enough that rehab isn't an option anymore.

While I wear a size 10.5 street shoe, I've been climbing in a size 11 Evolv Defy for a while now and have been happy with the fit. While they curl my toes somewhat, it's not bad enough to cause issues. My previous 5.10 Gambits and Mad Rock Phoenixs are also size 11 and fit roughly the same.

It's time to send the Evolvs off to be resoled, so I decided now would be a good time to try and find myself new shoes which are more aggressive than the flat soled shoes I've had so far. The tricky part is, trying to find a more aggressive shoe which isn't going to make my toes worse. I also can't wear a shoe which curls my toes too much or it'll make me put my weight on the nails of my toes.

I'd hope to get some input on this issue. Can I get a more aggressive shoes which are still nice to my toes, or do I need to stick flat soled shoes to protect my feet?

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook