RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

Partner polarwid

Feb 12, 2003, 6:49 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1363 views)
Shortcut

Ice in the SOUTH? Help!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Uncle Sam in his infinite wisdom has chosen to move myself and my family from ALASKA
to GEORGIA ! Now I am looking forward to summers and autumns in the RED and the NEW, and T-WALL and all that stuff, but is there any ICE south of the MASON-DIXON? Up high in the APPs? Anywhere? Please help me or buy all of my good stuff I just got last year to climb in ALASKA with!

atg200

Feb 12, 2003, 6:58 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1363 views)
Shortcut

Ice in the SOUTH? Help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Check out the southeast climber's coalition message board:

http://server502.hypermart.net/seclimbers/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

michael crowder is an excellent ice climber and can help you. lots of ice in north carolina.

space_monkey

Feb 12, 2003, 7:32 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1363 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I totally agree about Micheal Crowder, He is a climbing GOD.
His site is http://www.coolclimbing.com that will tell you ever thing you could want to know. I also know and climb some places in TN that no one else knows of, so if you need someone to show you around drop me a line.

oh and by the way....We have plenty of ICE in the South

[ This Message was edited by: space_monkey on 2003-02-12 11:36 ]

tenn_dawg

Feb 12, 2003, 7:47 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1363 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The Ice season is generally really short, and you should make sure that you have some sick days avaliable to take off, and chase the ice.

Ice climbing in the south is kind of like surfing in the Gulf. The good days are few and far between, and you had better be ready to grab them when they come.

Travis

michael crowder
Deleted

Mar 4, 2003, 7:14 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1363 views)
Shortcut

georgia ice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

space monkey,
email me and keep me in the loop on local ice. i also have private beta that i don't post on my site.
polarwind,
i have 22 days of iceclimbing just in georgia and n.c. this year. of course i have had one colorado trip on top of this and one more planned for early spring. with the ice we have available and the fact that value jet has added a denver leg to their route you can get to colorado for under 200 bucks round trip any day of the year and as low as 149 bucks if you look around. we have a hispanic travel agent in atlanta that can get you to south america for 300 to 500 bucks according to how far in advance you book. we are but a short drive from the 1,000 ft. granite domes of n.c. and the bullet hard sandstone of chattanooga. you will not lack for good stuff to do. look me up when you get here and i'll give you the nickle tour. what base are you going to?
michael

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook