RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trad Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

usmc_2tothetop

Dec 12, 2003, 8:22 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1248 views)
Shortcut

????Climbing Styles????
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok Iam kind of new to this Website. I do think its an awsome way to meet people and learn this sport. I climb outside and do what I can, having no rope. I climb inside at my indoor gym and Iam usually doing routes on the indoor cave. I don't really know the difference between all the different climbing styles I see typed in posts. Trad, sport, classic, etc.

gregtrammell

Dec 12, 2003, 8:55 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1248 views)
Shortcut

Re: ????Climbing Styles???? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been climbing about a year now. I think I can help you with some of your questions.

Top roping - your belayer, belays for you via a set anchor at the top of the route.

Sport - You clip your quickdraw into bolts placed in the rock, as you send the route.

Trad - I think this is also refered to as classic. You set your own gear in the rock, and the person following you up the route removes it.

scubasnyder

Dec 12, 2003, 8:58 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bouldering is what your doing I think...its fun though and really in-expensive except for crash pads but ive seen them for under 100 bucks

usmc_2tothetop

Dec 12, 2003, 9:17 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanx......Judging by the profile pics (Gregtramell) (scubasnyder) we have bulky frames. I have notices that I really have to work on my grip more then others. Its harder to do more of the difficult routes especially the "V's". Right now I probly wieght about 180 - 185. I need to slim down again and get back to about 165 - 170. I was climbing much better then. I think a change of routine in the weight gym and some more cardio should do the trick.

I gotta get a digital camera and shoot some routes here in NY

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook