RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

woodman

Mar 6, 2002, 5:13 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1940 views)
Shortcut

Vegas Rock Gyms: Preferences?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So, I'll be in Las Vegas for a trade show in a few weeks, and I'll need to do some wall work. Since I'll probably only have time to visit one gym, I'd like suggestions from folks on which one would be best. I do mostly boldering and short route, prefer to be left to my own devices (my climbing partner will be there), dislike uncoated plywood, and don't want to have to rely on staff belays.

I'm aware of two gyms in Vegas, Sky's the Limit Climbing Center and Powerhouse. Anyone have comments/preferences?

ttfn - woody

felixthecat

Mar 6, 2002, 5:25 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1940 views)
Shortcut

Vegas Rock Gyms: Preferences? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey there,
im not sure what the name of it was, i think its the powerhouse...but it is the gym next to the resolers...it kicks ass. its diffenently one of the best gyms ive seen. really plush and with routes that even span the entire ceiling of the place. and the place is huge. theres a bouldering area upstairs that allows you to boulder down the stairway to the first floor. the floors are padded all the way and the people working there were really nice when i stopped by.

woodman

Mar 6, 2002, 4:43 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1940 views)
Shortcut

Vegas Rock Gyms: Preferences? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think that was Powerhouse. I haven't been there, but I know it's affilitated with a connected outdoor sports store (with resoling ability).

ttfn - woody

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook