Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Vertical Adventures worth 10 bucks?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tmk7904

Apr 1, 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1361 views)
Shortcut

Vertical Adventures worth 10 bucks?  (Australasia: Australia: South_Australia: Adelaide: Pelican_Plaza: eds_outcrop)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am from Bend, Oregon (climbing heaven) and I am going to be in Columbus in early May for a wedding. Is Vertical Adventures worth the 10 dollar day pass?? Is there much bouldering in there? 4000 Square feet seems a bit small. Is there any natural bouldering in the immediate area?

hajiclimb

Jul 31, 2005, 2:29 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1361 views)
Shortcut

Re: Vertical Adventures worth 10 bucks? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

$10!!? Wow. I used to go to VA when they first opened about 12 years ago. The bouldering walls were only about 40ft across, although you coud boulder all routes with feet below about 7 feet. I used to get the 6 month membership, which really saved. They have some steep overhangs and at least 2 good cracks, including a finger crack. The owners were pretty cool. I'm sure they'd let you in for a look without paying.

As for natural bouldering around Columbus, I don't think that there is much. I got so desperate when I lived there that I bolted rock bridge supports (man-made bridges) and climbed the bridges when I couldn't get away.

Hocking Hills is only 45 minutes away and has awesome bouldering and climbing, although it's got a lot of moss. I'll be in Westerville (NE edge of Columbus) on the week of 8 August. I hope to hit Hocking Hills and possibly Lake Vesuvius or another national forest site way south.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook