Forums: Climbing Information: Events & Gatherings:
JTree Gathering In April 15th-17th 2005
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next page Last page  View All

bridgeit12c

Apr 12, 2005, 4:23 AM
Post #276 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Re: JTree Gathering In April 15th-17th 2005 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Okay. Finally made it through a majority of the posts. I just want to clarify.

1. Dinner at edchada's saturday night at 7:00pm?
Count me in if there is any space left

2. Camping is still available at Black Rock?
I would love a space there I have no tent or anything just my dodge durango which I will be staying in or camping on BLM would be awesome if anyone is camping out there.

3. There is no keg?
I am bringing a good amount of beverages to share but would love to put money on the keg as well.

If someone could clear this stuff up for me and put me down on the RSVP I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Cheri

jt512

Apr 12, 2005, 4:56 AM
Post #277 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Okay. Finally made it through a majority of the posts. I just want to clarify.

1. Dinner at edchada's saturday night at 7:00pm?
Count me in if there is any space left

Okay, you're in. Stay tuned for what time. I don't think 7 pm is firm yet.

-Jay

nikegirl

Apr 12, 2005, 5:20 AM
Post #278 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Re: !!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hangerlessbolt
nikegirl
faaaalling
noobs x 2
marshall84

7 for sure :)
here...for edchadas

wOOt!!

time?

~T

curt

Apr 12, 2005, 5:27 AM
Post #279 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

7pm sounds good. Otherwise, I will be matching jt512 for pre-dinner alcohol intake--since I would never consider it polite to let him drink alone.

Curt

jt512

Apr 12, 2005, 5:35 AM
Post #280 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
7pm sounds good. Otherwise, I will be matching jt512 for pre-dinner alcohol intake--since I would never consider it polite to let him drink alone.

Curt

Alright, let's call it 7 pm, since we seem to have quasi-consensus, except among the New Yorkers who will be shocked to find that restaurants in little desert towns stop serving dinner as early as 8 pm :shock:

-Jay

bridgeit12c

Apr 12, 2005, 5:46 AM
Post #281 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks Jay. I will see you all there

nolagkc

Apr 12, 2005, 8:34 AM
Post #282 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello,
It's 130am here, my eyes are blurry from reading almost this entire post, but I want to know a) how hard will it be to find a campsite there this weekend? b) I'm coming alone, will someone take me under their wing? c) I have beer money d) I haven't even top-roped outside but really want to learn but don't want to be a bummer on anyone's trip, I just want to get out there this weekend and climb and learn some things.
Beer money...I'm serious, you name it, I know these things aren't free.
Thanks!

fo_d

Apr 12, 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #283 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hello,
It's 130am here, my eyes are blurry from reading almost this entire post, but I want to know a) how hard will it be to find a campsite there this weekend? b) I'm coming alone, will someone take me under their wing? c) I have beer money d) I haven't even top-roped outside but really want to learn but don't want to be a bummer on anyone's trip, I just want to get out there this weekend and climb and learn some things.
Beer money...I'm serious, you name it, I know these things aren't free.
Thanks!

Just bring yourself and your personal gear, you'll be able to climb untill your hands are a bloody pulp :twisted: it sounds like there are plenty of alternative camping options if things get crowded at black rock.

Les

Partner happiegrrrl

Apr 12, 2005, 1:19 PM
Post #284 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Alright, let's call it 7 pm, since we seem to have quasi-consensus, except among the New Yorkers who will be shocked to find that restaurants in little desert towns stop serving dinner as early as 8 pm :shock:

-Jay

Oh, yeah....I keep forgetting that little detail. But actually, the reason I thought 8 would be good was because my partner seems to have a thing for gearing up for a climb just as the sun starts yawning and stretching, and getting ready to snuggle into the horizon for bedtime......

nolagkc

Apr 12, 2005, 3:29 PM
Post #285 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so what would be best here, cruise out friday night or early saturday morning? I'd imagine I'll be sleeping in my jeep which is cool, I'll just have to live with my dog farting all night and being stuck with the fumes, but this sounds like a good time. figure either way I can climb around, drink and hopefully meet some people.

nolagkc

Apr 12, 2005, 9:01 PM
Post #286 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wait...nevermind. used my work time to get all caught up and figure this out, if anyone cares, I'm coming Sunday night/Saturday AM, way early, I'd say 6-7am latest to catch people before they head out. I noticed alot of comments regarding a keg, people still want a keg? I know I can't buy friends but I can sure get them drunk enough to like me a lil bit I think. (I get discounted kegs down here, it's just going to be a chore trying to keep it cold through the day up until saturday night...but, I can still bring one if need be.
lemme know, either way, I'm coming.

g
Deleted

Apr 12, 2005, 9:23 PM
Post #287 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'd say 6-7am latest to catch people before they head out.
Better not be knocking on my tent at such a ridiculously early hour! :lol:

In reply to:
I noticed alot of comments regarding a keg, people still want a keg? I know I can't buy friends but I can sure get them drunk enough to like me a lil bit I think. (I get discounted kegs down here, it's just going to be a chore trying to keep it cold through the day up until saturday night...but, I can still bring one if need be.
I'm listening.

Finally edited to fix quote box!

g
Deleted

Apr 12, 2005, 9:34 PM
Post #288 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'd say 6-7am latest to catch people before they head out.
Better not be knocking on my tent at such a ridiculously early hour! :lol:

In reply to:
I noticed alot of comments regarding a keg, people still want a keg? I know I can't buy friends but I can sure get them drunk enough to like me a lil bit I think. (I get discounted kegs down here, it's just going to be a chore trying to keep it cold through the day up until saturday night...but, I can still bring one if need be.
I'm listening.

Edit to fix quote box.

Partner fire_eyes

Apr 12, 2005, 9:36 PM
Post #289 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
wait...nevermind. used my work time to get all caught up and figure this out, if anyone cares, I'm coming Sunday night/Saturday AM, way early, I'd say 6-7am latest to catch people before they head out. I noticed alot of comments regarding a keg, people still want a keg? I know I can't buy friends but I can sure get them drunk enough to like me a lil bit I think. (I get discounted kegs down here, it's just going to be a chore trying to keep it cold through the day up until saturday night...but, I can still bring one if need be.

With this crowd, a keg of beer WILL buy you friends! rendog no can do on his budget, so if you can garner one, bring in on! Many people will gladly contribute $$. Even me, and I don't drink (beer that is!) I will find a place to keep it cold all day (the folks at Crossroads are good people...I'll bet money they'll cool it for us if they have space!)

Try to hit us up at Black Rock. Most people don't go out to actually climb til between 8:30 and 9:00am is my experience. it's just too cold before that. And what with nursing hangovers and all...

SO BRING THAT KEG! Ask around for fire_eyes/Darcy and I'll make it my job to keep the sucker cold.

Wooohooo! See you dirtbags soon!! I'm arriving by noon Thursday and will post site #s at Nomads, HV Campground Board and somewhere near the Black Rock Canyon Camground entrance.

nolagkc

Apr 12, 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #290 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

k here's the deal, I'm coming (90% sure)
A partner would be great but we'll work on that later, I boulder but would love to top rope with someone who knows how to setup anchors, I have no formal training in that area, just belaying.

Regarding the keg (ie silver canister of liquid shananigans)
We have some options here; I'll leave it up to the community to decide:
Amstel light, Bass, Bud, Bud light, Coors, Coors light, Dos Equis (blah), Guinness, Harp, Heineken, Humbolt Red (not that humboldt red!), Miller something or other, newcastle, sierra nevada (anything from that brewer, pale, porter, etc), some random hefeweizen...sorry, those are all options, take it or leave it.
I have to tell my buddy tomorrow though what to get, so lets be snappy...

Any ideas on how to keep it cold on the 3hour+ drive?

Thanks!

fo_d

Apr 12, 2005, 11:21 PM
Post #291 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
k here's the deal, I'm coming (90% sure)
A partner would be great but we'll work on that later, I boulder but would love to top rope with someone who knows how to setup anchors, I have no formal training in that area, just belaying.

Regarding the keg (ie silver canister of liquid shananigans)
We have some options here; I'll leave it up to the community to decide:
Amstel light, Bass, Bud, Bud light, Coors, Coors light, Dos Equis (blah), Guinness, Harp, Heineken, Humbolt Red (not that humboldt red!), Miller something or other, newcastle, sierra nevada (anything from that brewer, pale, porter, etc), some random hefeweizen...sorry, those are all options, take it or leave it.
I have to tell my buddy tomorrow though what to get, so lets be snappy...

Thanks!

I dont think you need to worry about a partner, if this is like any of the other gatherings i've been to, you'll have many top ropes to choose from, if not, i'm partnerless and you can climb with me.
About the beer.... youve given me too many choices but seeoing as how this is in a keg, i would vote for the Guinness, I'll contribute to the keg fund.

Les

Partner eyecannon

Apr 12, 2005, 11:55 PM
Post #292 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Please not Guiness, I can only drink one until I feel like I've consumed an entire loaf of bread.

Voted Heineken

Also despite how little I will probably drink, I will surely contribute to the Keg Fund.

phugganut

Apr 13, 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #293 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree with fo_d get Guinness! I will put in some $!

snoopy138

Apr 13, 2005, 12:24 AM
Post #294 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

will the keg be showing up friday or saturday night?

If friday, I'll vote for any of the ales on the list, newcastle being my top choice. saturday, I won't be there (and neither will eyecannon, so you can ignore his vote for heineken if that's the case ... actually, ignore it either way). Oh yeah, obviously I'll contribute $$.

pheenixx

Apr 13, 2005, 12:26 AM
Post #295 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I agree with fo_d get Guinness! I will put in some $!

ahh...phugganut appears...!! ...at a most important time - with the topic... BEER..!!

nolagkc...you can cart any barrel of brew out there you'd like - my religion states that I'm not allowed to contribute to COORS-BUD or any variation of the former "said brew" ... some call beer

I second Guiness or any Newcastle brew will do (sunshine wheat - hint hint)

phug - we gotta take this noob aside and show hime "the ropes" 8^) :twisted:

bridgeit12c

Apr 13, 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #296 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I vote for sunshine wheat. i love guiness but not the most appealing thing after being out in the sun all day.

I am just going to show up at black rocks and hope there is spce for me to park my suv. if not i will head out to BLM land.

I got my gear being sent out from wyoming and should be here by this weekend so i am good to go there. And I take it it should be no problem to find people to climb with.

I am bringing a couple of cases of beer and i can make one of those guiness if the keg can be something else.

sorry about the spelling I have a niece in one arm and a nephew in the other.

Anyways I will see you all friday night.

Cheri

g
Deleted

Apr 13, 2005, 1:02 AM
Post #297 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not so certain that Guiness is suited for the situation either. I'd go with Newcastle or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Hell, I'll drink whatever is there excluding Heineken. I hate that stuff for some strange reason.

Partner fire_eyes

Apr 13, 2005, 2:20 AM
Post #298 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Thanks!

Well, pull on that moutain hardwear fleece and crank up the a/c! (that's a joke...gas is WAY too expensive for that!) but maybe a blanket wrapped around it will hold the cold in a bit?
-or-
Just toss it in the car and we'll get it cold out here. Post up when you decide what to bring eh? It's sounding like folks like the newcastle (sunshine wheat?) idea. Not being a beer drinker myself, I have no vote...

And I personally promise you will get to top rope some climbs, and potentially follow and pull gear for some of us. I can set up top rope for you, and would be glad to. Just be sure to remind me if you need me to do that, I'll be running in 14 different directions no doubt...

pheenixx

Apr 13, 2005, 2:37 AM
Post #299 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what are the dimensions of an average "keg"..?

I have a LARGE plastic storage container we could load with ice ~ maintaining sub-temperature could improve enjoyment factor during comsumption after an x-tremely hot day ... of climbing
...color enhancement for virtual mood setting

trickster

Apr 13, 2005, 3:13 AM
Post #300 of 397 (25549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think I might have to come out and meet you all. If I do, I'll come looking around 8:00AM at Black Rock. See you there!
RICK

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook