RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

rockelf

Apr 27, 2005, 7:16 PM
Post #1 of 9 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Ouch!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I hurt my shoulder two weeks ago. We climbed outside for the first time this season, and I was sore the next day. Nothing unusual about that. I have been hitting the climbing gym all winter, and training, you know weights, running. I figure the soreness was due to tension in my muscles. First leads of the season and all. So I went back to my normal training routine...nothing unusual about that...and then I woke up with a really sore shoulder 10 days ago, and it is still sore. Can't climb. Hurts too much. I have an appointment at the ortho on Friday. I am not looking for any medical advice, just somebody to say...Dudette, it sucks to be you and I feel your pain.

ARRGGHH!!!
CRAP!!!!!!! :twisted:

kimmyt

Apr 27, 2005, 7:55 PM
Post #2 of 9 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Re: Ouch!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Dudette, it sucks to be you and I feel your pain.

ARRGGHH!!!
CRAP!!!!!!! :twisted:

mtnchik

Apr 28, 2005, 12:33 PM
Post #3 of 9 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yo chik! i feel your pain. hope everything turns out for the best.

olive

Apr 30, 2005, 4:42 AM
Post #4 of 9 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Girl, I soo understand your pain!!! It sucks.... I am totally in the same boat (well, knowing that wont really improve your situation, but know that there are other people who suffer through similar stuff). After a winter of training and dreaming about climbing outside (pay attention to the fact that I live in Michigan and winters are long and ugly ugly ugly) I hurt my shoulder on march 29.... Right at the beginning of the season. It was supposed to be not too important but it did not improve. Now I am going to physical threapy and it looks like I am out for awhile. I did not climb outside - even once.... I am waving my friends goodbye every friggin week as they drive to RRG. I am getting emails from climbing partners telling me they are going here and there and whether I want to go... It is like a big joke.
What makes it even worse is that I have already a very bad fall and winter - full of heartbreak and rejection in both personal and career aspects. I really survived through climbing and dreaming about climbing. This was the last straw. This injury caused such a frustration for me. It was like "hah, nothing you dream about will ever come true, here you go" kind of thing for me.

However, I have to say, the only thing one can do is to look at the big picture - hopefully, one day these injuries will be past and we will be back on the rock and we will forget about these days that sucked. There is nothing else to do but to accept the situation, and learn something from it.

Maybe I'll start painting again in the mean time.

Dammit. Who am I kidding? I think I am gonna go, curse and cry now.....

clee03m

May 2, 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #5 of 9 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I noticed today that my right shoulder hurt when I lifted weights doing a deltoid move. I haven't even been climbing that much (with rain and all). How did you guys hurt your shoulders, and was the pain gradual or sudden?

rockelf

May 2, 2005, 1:54 PM
Post #6 of 9 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks so much for your support. I was supposed to go to the doc last Friday and they called and said he had an emergency, and I had to reschedule. Now I am thinking what is more of an emergency than me not being able to climb. Realizing that was really mean, I shut up and rescheduled. So I go today. I will post what happens.

As for how I hurt my shoulder, I climbed two Sundays ago for the first time outside for the season. I have been hitting the gym all winter, and lifting and running.
I was sore the next day, so I just did cardio, and then lifted on Tuesday. My normal routine. I woke up the next day in real pain.
There was no trauma, no fall, or big pull. After researching online, I am sure it is rotator cuff. Don't know to what degree.
So I am mentally prepared for him to say something like 4-6 weeks, and then I too will be trying to remember how much I love my climbing partners as they head off climbing every weekend...

ARGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

XXOO
The cranky elf

e_free

May 3, 2005, 9:51 AM
Post #7 of 9 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I am sure it is rotator cuff. Don't know to what degree.
So I am mentally prepared for him to say something like 4-6 weeks, and then I too will be trying to remember how much I love my climbing partners as they head off climbing every weekend...

ARGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

XXOO
The cranky elf

been there & with great empathy-

love,
miss claus

aklak

May 4, 2005, 5:39 AM
Post #8 of 9 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

heres a little encouragement...based on the fact that you are young and in shape and had no trauma... most likely you are dealing with an infalmatory process.. good news... I have learned a ton about shoulders and rotator cuffs.... I know you don't want advice but if some one can learn from my experience then it was worth it.... don't let them mask it with bextra. or any other pain killer anti inflamatory... do it the nautual way ,, my end result was not only a torn rotar cuff but my bicep tendon was torn in the process.... I am just hitting the highlights ... but if you want more in fo on shoulders just ask ... I am also a RN so I am not talking a bunch of BS... I went through 2 rotaor cuffs repairs in one year .. and luckily still climb... although my one bicep looks like popye!!
amy

rockelf

May 4, 2005, 12:26 PM
Post #9 of 9 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OK...I sent you a pm....I am interested in your wisdom.
basically the doc told me that it is just inflammed, and that once we reduce the swelling, the pain will go away. He wants to strengthen with the exercises at the same time.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook