RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

boulderkid17

May 13, 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1276 views)
Shortcut

I was wondering.......
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was wondering how hard it is to get into slacklining. I am really hoping to get into it but i am not sure what you really need and what is just useful.
Anu advise would help.

Thanks

Partner coldclimb

May 13, 2005, 12:40 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Re: I was wondering....... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Not hard at all. Just go out and buy yourself a bunch of 1-inch tubular webbing (100 feet will easily be enough to cover any anchor slings and longer lines you'll want to do for quite a while, and often even dual line setups), a couple carabiners (three is plenty for the more common simple tightening systems) and read up on this forum and all the websites linked in every "how do I slackline" thread posted here so far. ;)

Then you find yourself two trees in your backyard, set up a line, and begin to fall off repeatedly. Once you get that down, you can try to stand up. :lol: From there it's all downhill, and a lot of fun! ;) Good luck!

gymslackerclimber

May 13, 2005, 4:26 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ha ha,,, what a great response, it really cant be explained better than that..!

If you are determined, you can walk it in a few/(less than that) sessions. after you get the biner on the line with the clove hitch- set your line up,, i suggest starting by putting one foot ine the line, get used to stepping up onto the line on that foot/put your other foot behind (perpindicular to the line). allow the line to strech downwards while your knees and hips absorb the line,,,,, look forwards, keep your hands out,, breath,,,stay on....... just keep on doing that,, and once you are able to just stand,,, take a step.... then you got it..!!

sick_climba

May 13, 2005, 4:32 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Then you find yourself two trees in your backyard, set up a line, and begin to fall off repeatedly. Once you get that down, you can try to stand up. :lol: From there it's all downhill, and a lot of fun! ;) Good luck!
lol i don't know much about slack lining( only even got one opertunity to do it but the line was messed... and over a bunch of rocks that we would hit if we fell) but that was wicked lol... i lmao. props dude

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook