Forums: Climbing Partners: US - Mountain States:
Climbers partners around Helena, Montana??
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

sfotex

Jan 30, 2005, 4:44 PM
Post #1 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Climbers partners around Helena, Montana??
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just relocated to Helena, Montana and am looking for some people to climb with - trad, alpine, bouldering, sport, ice, it's all good.
I've been climbing about 7 years.. have gear, vehicle, and don't mind long approaches... As long as it's warm and the skiing sucks, it's time for some rock..

Mike
510-415-3486

lehrski

Feb 11, 2005, 1:09 AM
Post #2 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbers partners around Helena, Montana?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mike - I live in Bozeman which is a bit of a trek for you but I've been getting out a couple of Sat.'s a month and enjoying the warm weather. I've been climbing about 9 years and like long mellow trad routes, but also sport climb and scramble up peaks. PM if you'd like to head out.

sfotex

May 8, 2005, 4:34 AM
Post #3 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lehrski,
You still interested in some routes? I've been getting out climbing alot around Helena- there's alot of good rock around here.

trevzilla

May 8, 2005, 4:43 AM
Post #4 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Trevor - I live in bozeman too. Give me a call if your ever in this neck of the woods.

sfotex

May 8, 2005, 5:44 PM
Post #5 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lehrski,trevzilla -
Interested in some climbing next week? The weather is supposed to be good.

tragic_x_photography

May 13, 2005, 8:31 PM
Post #6 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Heya! I live down South of you in Whitehall and just figured I'd drop you a message asking you what there is to climb in Refrigerator Canyon. A friend of mine mentioened there being a few possibly climbs up that way =). Have you climbed up there? Any information is greatly appreciated. Hmm, if you ever get down this way to Spire Rock drop me a line or something =). Farewell, God Bless. ~Tragic

sfotex

May 13, 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #7 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Heya! I live down South of you in Whitehall and just figured I'd drop you a message asking you what there is to climb in Refrigerator Canyon. A friend of mine mentioened there being a few possibly climbs up that way =). Have you climbed up there? Any information is greatly appreciated. Hmm, if you ever get down this way to Spire Rock drop me a line or something =). Farewell, God Bless. ~Tragic

I really want to go hit the Gillette Edges soon - I'm a crack junkie

I was in Refrigerator Canyon last Friday, it's a fun area with lots of potential. It's limetone of various quality. I did a crack and a sport climb while we were there, the crack was fun (Walk on the Ocean), the sport was so-so (Dances with Roofs)
I bet the creek you have to cross is pretty hi right now, so I wouldn't go for a week or two. Bring 2 ropes for the rappels. If you want to check it out, let me know....

tragic_photography

May 17, 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #8 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, great minds think alike lol. I was just reading some beta on Gillette Edge's today. I'm thinking of hitting it this weekend, most likely Sunday afternoon. I'm not too big on crack but hey, it's climbing =). Are you speaking of the creek up Refrigerator? The water is high down here, I was within site of a flash flood two days ago. Scared me pretty bad. I'll be sure and bring two ropes if i'm up that way =). Possibly a static line if we've got to cross a creek. Well, e-mail me anytime you will be in the area and I should be able to meet you somewhere =). Farewell, God Bless. ~Tragic Bbordhead13@msn.com

sfotex

May 20, 2005, 3:37 AM
Post #9 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Are you speaking of the creek up Refrigerator? The water is high down here, I was within site of a flash flood two days ago.

The creeks pretty small - knee deep - but with the runoff the last few weeks it might be a problem. You have to cross the creek to get to the stuff in the guidebook. There's some stuff on the road side too, I have a beta sheet.

I'm out this weekend, but maybe next weekend.

Mike

soggydorito

May 29, 2005, 8:40 PM
Post #10 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in Missoula, but I come to Helena every now and then. Probably in a couple weekends if not sooner. I've been hankering for some SHeep Mountain if anyone's interested. Blue Cloud is also good. THese are just places I've been (minus a few others) in the area, but I'm always up for something new. Also, If anyone heads up this way, send me a PM
Barry

sfotex

May 30, 2005, 7:31 PM
Post #11 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm in Missoula, but I come to Helena every now and then. Probably in a couple weekends if not sooner. I've been hankering for some SHeep Mountain if anyone's interested. Blue Cloud is also good. THese are just places I've been (minus a few others) in the area, but I'm always up for something new. Also, If anyone heads up this way, send me a PM
Barry

Hey Barry,
Drop me a message before you head out this way, I'm always down for some climbing.

mountainmonster

Jun 3, 2005, 8:44 PM
Post #12 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm always seeking more folks to climb with, because of my weird work schedule. I have 4-5 days off in a row and travel all over to climb. what days are you available to climb?

amy barwick

missoula

sfotex

Jun 4, 2005, 5:54 PM
Post #13 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm always seeking more folks to climb with, because of my weird work schedule. I have 4-5 days off in a row and travel all over to climb. what days are you available to climb?

amy barwick

missoula

Hey Amy,
I do the Mon-Fri thing, but I can be talked into taking a day or two off to go do something farther away.

Anyone down for some climbing tommorow?

tragic_photography

Jun 5, 2005, 4:56 AM
Post #14 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey Amy,
I do the Mon-Fri thing, but I can be talked into taking a day or two off to go do something farther away.

Hey man! If you're up for some climbing at Roadside Rocks, or New Rock. Give me a buzz. 533-0406. I'm open for tomorrow after church ends around 11'.

Possibly even Spire? Gillette Edges?
Let me know. Farewell, God bless. ~Tragic

sfotex

Jun 6, 2005, 4:28 AM
Post #15 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Hey Amy,

Hey man! If you're up for some climbing at Roadside Rocks, or New Rock. Give me a buzz. 533-0406. I'm open for tomorrow after church ends around 11'.

Possibly even Spire? Gillette Edges?
Let me know. Farewell, God bless. ~Tragic

Hey Tragic,
Didn't get your message in time, went to Indian Creek this morning before the weather blew in, maybe next week?

tragic_photography

Jun 7, 2005, 3:21 AM
Post #16 of 16 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sure thing! I also want to invite everyone along for The Wedge on July 2nd.
We're hiking in July 1st, camping out, waking up early and getting on the rock as soon as we can.
Hmm, there may be more then ten of us. If anyone is available, contact me so we can arrange a meeting.
If you're single, no problem, we're going to create a bunch of teams. We're leaning towards sport but if you want to trad,
I'm up for it as our several others who will be there.
Hmm, if you want to, we probably arrange to give you rides from either Butte or Rocker.
Just be sure to chip in some food or gas money!
Well, next year is my trip to Utah, that should be fun. (Any takers?). And the following year is an Alaskan ice climbing trip as well as a possible Denali expedition. Well, contact me if anybody is up for anything! Farewell, God Bless. ~Tragic bbordhead13@msn.com

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook