RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

jennjenn

May 21, 2005, 5:36 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Climbing partner in Ventura County
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello Everyone,
My Name is Jennie and I am a really new climber....I just learned a month ago, but have to say that I have been bitten by the climbing bug. However, I don't have anyone one to climb with and am looking for someone to climb with at Boulderdash in Thousand Oaks. If anyone is interested please please contact me.
Thanks!
jldiehm@adelphia.net

fieldmouse

May 21, 2005, 5:58 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing partner in Ventura County [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yo jennjenn, i hear storm is looking for a few good partners...and he can hook you up with the lowdown on some rad new "freestyle" techniques he's been working out on these dope new sport crags that he and jt512 have been developing.

give 'em a shout.

jdouble

May 23, 2005, 6:46 PM
Post #3 of 8 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jen,

I would say your best bet for finding a partner is to just show up at Boulderdash on a regular basis. Pretty low key place as I am sure you know, very nice people........my favorite technique is putting my harness on, walking to the center of the gym and yelling 'beer for a belay!'. You will be amazed at all your new regular partners.

Jay

dfoerstel

May 23, 2005, 7:13 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jen,

I agree with the comment about just showing up. I've climbed there since the beginning of the year and the people there are incredibly friendly. A completely different vibe than Rockreation in Santa Monica. I'm there two or three nights a week.

Dave

micronut

May 23, 2005, 7:42 PM
Post #5 of 8 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jen,

I'd agree with that Storm recomendation, he's pretty avant-garde and I'm sure his new crag is sick!!

mountainchick82

May 24, 2005, 11:09 PM
Post #6 of 8 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jenn,

I've been climbing for about a year and a half almost 2 years and am looking for a new partner. I can lead sport and have the gear to do it, so let me know if you need someone. I live in the Arcadia area, but can come up to boulderdash, my schedule is pretty flexible. let me know...

fspriggs

Jul 18, 2005, 8:58 PM
Post #7 of 8 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am also new to climbing and looking for a regular partner or two to climb with me at boulderdash. I am also interested in learning about outdoor rock climbing and the differences between the two.

I have created a yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VCClimbon/
for any ventura county climbers who are interested in having a place to meet, discuss and ask questions about climbing. everything from indoor sport climbing to artic ice climbing!!

thrmaln

Jul 18, 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Jennie and anyone else interested,

I may be able to help you out. Since the beginning of Summer a group of us local climbers and boulderdash regulars started a group that is quite active. We climb every Tuesday (tomorrow) at Stoney Point in Chattsworth after work from about 5:00 until Dusk then we all go out for drinks and food afterward. We started out with about 8 of us or so, but now we have over 20 (maybe more ?) but not all show up all the time. Most of us were beginners this year and in less then 3 months we have all progressed to around 5.10b/c. We just started going out on weekends as a group and just about every weekend a group of us is going to Williamson, Echo Cliffs, Pt. Dume and many other local spots. You will fit in with our group since we have more girl climbers then men at the moment, but for some reason the men tend to be more frequent climbers then the girls. We also have a good mix of sport, trad and aide climbers in the group also, so if you ever want to try a trad climb then no problem finding a partner. I send out an email every Monday to remind everyone where we intend to climb and what time to meet.

This week (Tomorrow) instead of stoney point, we are going to make a mad dash to Echo Cliffs and get a few hours in before it gets dark. We plan to meet at Boulderdash parking lot at 4:30 (a bit early for us since most are off at 5:00) then carpool as a group to the echo cliffs trailhead. Your more then welcome to come, and we intend to climb in the 5.7 to 5.10 range. We have 4 climbers that come from Ventura on a regular basis and I am sure you can arrange a ride for the stoney point outings in the future. We also climb on friday nights at Bdash and then go out for food as well.

If your interested in the group, send me a PM or email with your email address and I will add you to the email list. Also, if you are interested in tomorrow at echo then let me know as well and include your cell number and I will confirm with you any last minute changes.

Best regards,

Marc Webster

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook