RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

gefunk

Jun 13, 2005, 9:36 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1669 views)
Shortcut

Five Ten Galileo for Bouldering?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was wondering what all of you guys thought of using the new Galileo for a bouldering shoe? I get a pro deal on them so they are bearable to purchase but I was wondering what people thought. I was wondering if they have an application in the Bouldering world or are they more suited to a trad / sport shoe? Thanks guys

joshy8200

Jun 13, 2005, 9:47 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1669 views)
Shortcut

Re: Five Ten Galileo for Bouldering? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've seen the Galileo's once but didn't try a pair on. How hardcore into bouldering are you? If bouldering is all you do...there are shoes that would be way better suited for hard bouldering.

gearsighted

Jun 13, 2005, 10:41 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1669 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

but....if you aren't bouldering over V6 or so (on a regular basis) then they might be perfect. They seem to be high enough performance, but balanced with comfort...I would LOVE to be able to afford a pair ;)

hibby11

Jun 13, 2005, 11:59 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1669 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I picked up a pair of the galileo's about two months ago and have 0 complaints with them so far. I've used them for sport and bouldering and in both cases I love them. The new rubber is a little better than the C4 stuff they have on my other 5.10's. Not sure how they suit higher end boulderers if thats what you are, I boulder V5 and sport 5.11's. Hope that helps some

cmacblue42

Jun 14, 2005, 4:31 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1669 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i too have only seen the galileo and they look like a pretty good boulering shoe. i would say they are meant for bouldering and sport climbing. they are the only shoe to have the new onyx rubber and they are velcro. But still be open minded because there a lot of other shoes on the market that are also a lot cheaper. also remember to try it on before you buy it to make sure the fit is good or make sure if you are buying it online that they have a return thing if you couldnt try it on.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook