RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

slablizard

May 28, 2005, 5:31 PM
Post #1 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Bay Area Sport Partner WANTED
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

WANTED
SPORT CLIMBER in or around the bay area, willing to go climb on 12s and above at Pinnacles, Diablo, Mikey's beach, St Helena and so on.

Willing to work on routes and send them, share the pain and the joy of training and be available to the (unfortunately) occasional trip to Smith / JT and so on.

Possibly in the East Bay ( I'm in Pleasanton ) possibly training at Citybeach,

Possybly competitive and motivated, open minded and addicted to climbing.

I'm open to trad and bouldering too but MAINLY focused on sport climbing.

Thanks!

slablizard

Jun 4, 2005, 8:52 PM
Post #2 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bay Area Sport Partner WANTED [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wtf! There must be something wrong with me! Nobody wants to climb with slabby? :(

slablizard

Jun 14, 2005, 4:09 PM
Post #3 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Really cool.
:evil: :roll:

caughtinside

Jun 14, 2005, 4:23 PM
Post #4 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Must be willing to carry rope AND draws on heinous approaches?

:lol:

slablizard

Jun 14, 2005, 4:40 PM
Post #5 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh come on! I'm not THAT lazy! :lol: Hell the first time I've been there (DTSA) I kept up with Mr Iron man! And last time we run OUT of the crag while a fire was raging. Try that "technical approach" running with your pack at 3 PM. :lol:

When are you guys back at the AREA 51 - AKA DTSA?

Fact is I just discovered how nice is to get to Pinnacles around 2, when everybody is leaving and the rock goes in shade...there are at least 3-4 routes I'm interested in there.

sinshan

Jun 14, 2005, 4:46 PM
Post #6 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Slablizard. . .

sorry the bay area's full of slackers! I myself am looking for partners around here, but since I've only climbed 12's twice in my life, and that was a year ago when I was in much better practice, I didn't respond to your post. Sorries!

I don't mind throwing myself at things I can't actually climb very well, so long as you lead them. . .so I could be up for it, but only if you're willing to watch me curse, flail and spit nails. Actually, maybe that doesn't sound so fun afterall. . . although I do believe that I could get up to 5.12 speed with a bit of effort and time. I just usually assume that's not exactly the best thing in a climbing partner. . .you know?

Anyway, hope someome more to your skill level responds. If not, and 10's aren't the most boring thing to you in the world, I'd be up for some 10's then 12's?

t.

caughtinside

Jun 14, 2005, 4:52 PM
Post #7 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was just out there on Sunday. It's starting to go out of season though, it's getting hot. YOu can still climb if you get up early and pack things up at 2.

Got some good clean air on an .11d.

Got a couple grad parties and a skydiving date this weekend though.

l1v32tr4v3l

Jun 14, 2005, 5:02 PM
Post #8 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

looking for some sport climbers in the bay area as well..just not at the 12 level yet, can boulder to v5-v6..sport climb up to about 5.11b ish...yeah there is a disparity, just need more time on the cliffs...I am definitely game for a couple trips this summer to Smith, love that place..

slablizard

Jun 14, 2005, 5:13 PM
Post #9 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No Problem!

I would like to climb with someone stronger than me, get my ass kicked and get motivated by consequence, but anybody PASSIONATE is more than welcome! No matter the climbing level, (assuming that is at least 1ob...)what I am looking for is the will to try ( on lead, fall and try again ), the skills are just a matter of training and patience!

This days I mostly go to Pinnacles, Diablo, usually after noon, Mickey's beach too, when the tide is right, Castle / Indian for bouldering, eventually I want to get to Mayhem cove at Tahoe.

I Havea car, :wink: smokes / drinks socially, occasionally 420, married, 2 kids, plenty of sport gear, climber since '85 ( I'll be 40 next November)

l1v32tr4v3l

Jun 15, 2005, 3:31 PM
Post #10 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

have a car...about 20 qd..a rope..plenty of free time to spare..no kids ...and 25 next month!

bdawg

Jun 15, 2005, 4:26 PM
Post #11 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey I would love to climb with ya! I live in Mountain House. I am pretty comfortable on 11's and like working on easier 12s. I am availible late afternoons, so I could probably go to diablo or places that are close. Most my weekends are free though. I have rope, draws, and a pad.

tradclmbr

Jun 15, 2005, 4:30 PM
Post #12 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Slablizard - I mostly trad-climb, but enjoy sport as well. Trad to 10bish, though Ive done harder, and my hardest sport route to date is an 11b (just havent concentrated on pushing sport grades, but would like to). Im gone overseas for the summer for work, but will be back at the end of August and always up for Diablo, Mickey's, Grotto/Table Mtn. , etc. Ill get in touch when Im back. Im probrably not the regular partner your looking for (prefer to hit the cracks), but Id be up for pushing hard and taking some falls on sport routes on occasion.

ps - climbing at sperlonga and other spots near rome a summer ago when I was working there has me inspired to sport climb more!

Greg

slablizard

Jun 15, 2005, 4:38 PM
Post #13 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Greg, Sperlonga is where I learned to climb, back in 85. I love that place, remember every route, the smell, the taste of mozzarella and tomatoes after climbing. The sea.
Deal, I'll push you up on sport routes, you do the same to me on cracks, I have to learn how to climb them sooner or later, I'm in Californa after all!

Grotto, for example, offers both. ( trad cracks and sport )

What I am looking for, more than numbers, is entusiasm and passion for climbing I guess.

In reply to:
Slablizard - I mostly trad-climb, but enjoy sport as well. Trad to 10bish, though Ive done harder, and my hardest sport route to date is an 11b (just havent concentrated on pushing sport grades, but would like to). Im gone overseas for the summer for work, but will be back at the end of August and always up for Diablo, Mickey's, Grotto/Table Mtn. , etc. Ill get in touch when Im back. Im probrably not the regular partner your looking for (prefer to hit the cracks), but Id be up for pushing hard and taking some falls on sport routes on occasion.

ps - climbing at sperlonga and other spots near rome a summer ago when I was working there has me inspired to sport climb more!

Greg

slablizard

Jun 15, 2005, 4:47 PM
Post #14 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Great!

Late afternoons: Diablo, from 6 to 8;20? ( I get back to the bart station in Pleasanton at 5:30), alternatives...gym.

This sat or sunday, Pinnacles, after 1. ( 1.5 hours drive form pleasanton)Everybody leaves and the monolith is in shade. You'll have plenty of 11s to try, and harder if you like on the North side.

I've been to Castle once, loved it, (magoos) I'm interested in doing a little more bouldering too and eventualy learn how to place gear. ( wish I had more time!)

Mikeys' beach is nice too when the tide is right, and I definitely want to go to mahiem cove at Tahoe.

paolomil@hotmail.com for msn messenger.

next gym day (fremont) Thursday.

In reply to:
Hey I would love to climb with ya! I live in Mountain House. I am pretty comfortable on 11's and like working on easier 12s. I am availible late afternoons, so I could probably go to diablo or places that are close. Most my weekends are free though. I have rope, draws, and a pad.

tradclmbr

Jun 15, 2005, 4:49 PM
Post #15 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Slab - the cracks at the Grotto are fantastic, great 10b and Im still working on the 10d. Lets head out there in late August/early Sept. And yes - the cheese was one of the Sperlonga highlights. Ill be in touch

slablizard

Jun 15, 2005, 4:53 PM
Post #16 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice!

Pinnacles this weekend? ( I don't know yet if sat or Sun ) early afternoon?

paolomil@hotmail.com

In reply to:
have a car...about 20 qd..a rope..plenty of free time to spare..no kids ...and 25 next month!

l1v32tr4v3l

Jun 15, 2005, 5:00 PM
Post #17 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

never been to pinnacles but would love too...been to castle rock a bunch of times..I have two pads..a medium sized one and then the super thick madrock..taken a couple 20 foot falls on it in Bishop with no problems...

slablizard

Jun 15, 2005, 5:40 PM
Post #18 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Pinnacles is ok, at least at the Monolith. There's some interesting stuff bethw. 10 and 11c on the east face, while on the N face thre's a great ( for the place) 12b and even a 13, so plenty of toys to play with!

Looking forward to boulder too! But I've ben working on a route at P and I want to send that first. Let's see how's the weather for the WE and decide.

In reply to:
never been to pinnacles but would love too...been to castle rock a bunch of times..I have two pads..a medium sized one and then the super thick madrock..taken a couple 20 foot falls on it in Bishop with no problems...

Partner phaedrus

Jun 16, 2005, 4:05 PM
Post #19 of 19 (3579 views)
Shortcut

phaedrus moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

phaedrus moved this thread from Sport Climbing to US - West Coast.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook