RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

susegado69

Jun 15, 2005, 3:23 PM
Post #1 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

buying tips mad rock flash shoes
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

am buying a pair of mad rock flash shoes from the net so cant try them out. my foot size is exactly 260mm. the mad rock flash US 8 size is exactly 260 mm. should i buy these or a size smaller. can anybody currently using these shoes advise how much they stretch when breaking them in.

johnpaul

Jun 15, 2005, 3:29 PM
Post #2 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Re: buying tips mad rock flash shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

All my regular shoes are size 10. boots flip flops you name it. I have a pair of mad rock flash shoes that fit superb and they are a size 11. i would suggest getting 1 size bigger.

codhands

Jun 15, 2005, 4:27 PM
Post #3 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Slightly off topic but I have a set of Flash that I really like but they make a Farting noise when I walk around. I don't really care because I fart anyway but I was just curious.

Partner sevrdhed

Jun 15, 2005, 5:16 PM
Post #4 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with the first response. I had a pair of Mad Rock Flashes, and they stretched out quite a bit, until my size 9's became fairly loose. I would say get a half size to a size smaller, depending on what's comfortable, as those things are going to stretch. They're great shoes by the way, for the price, even if they do turn your feet orange.

My advice, personally, would be to have you go down to a place where you can try on the actual sizes, find one that feels good, and then buy that size from the net.

Steve

olib

Jun 15, 2005, 5:41 PM
Post #5 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The toe box is sort of pointed in the flashes, so they are foot dependent. I have big feet with really long toes, which effects the fit significantly. I wear a 12 1/2 street shoe, and bought size 12 Flashes. They are stretching nicely, but I have more foot and more fabric to stretch than you do.

Severedhead is right, try them on in the store first if you can. I know a couple of people who can't wear them because their feet are too wide and just don't feel right.

fritzski

Jun 15, 2005, 5:50 PM
Post #6 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Agree with first poster: I've gone thru 3 pairs and wouldn't recommend any smaller than street shoe size. Mine are same as shoe size at US10.5 and very snug.

BTW the uppers are artificial and not suede or leather, so really don't stretch much.

johnpaul

Jun 15, 2005, 5:52 PM
Post #7 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

did i say 1 size bigger? i ment smaller, oops my bad. :twisted:

grzybowe

Jun 15, 2005, 6:05 PM
Post #8 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have owned 3 pairs of the mad rock flash. I normally wear about a size 11 street shoe, although 11.5 would probably be a better fit, I like my street shoes close. The size 10 Flash fits me tight and is a little painful but bearable to climb in for more than 40 minutes while breaking in. But once they break in nicely, they're perfect. I feel like this is the proper fit for this shoe. You could certainly sacrifice a little performance for comfort though. So I would say fit about a size smaller than your street shoes... but you really should try them on before you buy them. They fit a standard to narrow foot well. I should also mention that if you have high arches, you will notice some space between the shoe and your foot in that area. It doesn't really affect performance.

mgoodro

Jun 17, 2005, 12:04 PM
Post #9 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I went down a full size from a 9.5 street to an 8.5 Flash.

When trying them on the 9 was actually less comfortable than the 8.5, most likely because of the less than total scrunching of the toes.

I have slightly wide feet and they took several months to break in to the point where I could wear them for more than 20 minutes. The toe box had to widen for me (tennis balls helped). Now I can wear them for hours on all but the most brutal edging.

el_caballo

Jun 20, 2005, 9:18 AM
Post #10 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe the sizing is different for smaller feet, but I wear a 12.5 street shoe, am under C width, and it is physically impossible for me to get my feet into a size 12 Flash.

Even the size 13 are too painful to actually climb in. I'd say street 12 would be an aggressive fit, and street 11 would be a comfort fit.

My 13s are for sale cheap, having gone up about four gym routes before I decided I couldn't take the pain.

bigjonnyc

Jun 20, 2005, 12:44 PM
Post #11 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To the OP: This probably will not help, since this company does not carry Mad Rock shoes, however, it's a worth looking at. Everyone's feet are different. This means that one size up may be good for someone, and not for another. I recently bought a pair of La Sportiva Testarossas from Mountain Tools, where they have a guaranteed fit for shoes, via your tracing and faxing an outline of your foot. I'm completely satisfied with the shoe I received. Just my two cents.

rickrock77

Jun 20, 2005, 2:19 PM
Post #12 of 12 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you should call he company you are buying from they will be the best ones to advise you

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook