RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

blitzkrieg_climber13

Jul 5, 2005, 9:23 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Evolv velcro shoes?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i need some info on them. info as in if they are a good shoe or not. my gym sells em' and i need a new pair of vc's or slippers. are they worth the money or should i go to REI and get some better shoes.

caughtinside

Jul 5, 2005, 9:28 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Re: Evolv velcro shoes? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, you don't give the model name, so not sure exactly which evolvs you're talking about.

I've got a pair of the yellow velcros, the kaos. They've been great, a well performing pair of shoes. However, I think their greatest feature is that they fit my feet well, as opposed to some other shoes. Your results may vary.

Also, check the rc.com gear guide, I know some people have written shoe reviews up there.

hosgh

Jul 5, 2005, 9:29 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love my Evolv Kaos. I would definitely recommend them, just make sure to size them right if you buy them as they don't stretch much (at least mine don't). It's really nice being able to get a resole from Evolv for $15 too :D .

cjstudent

Jul 5, 2005, 9:30 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My opinion is that evolv makes some of the best shoes on the market. I do not think you would be disappointed with evolv.

Evolv makes more than one velcro shoe though. Look at their website and pick out the correct shoe for your application. Their company is top notch and their customer service is hard to beat.

But every shoe isnt for everyone. I've also had good success with 5.10

Your need for a "velcro" shoe is very vague though.

gearsighted

Jul 5, 2005, 9:49 PM
Post #5 of 10 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have owned a pair of shoes from almost every major company (Mad Rock, Five Ten, La Sportiva, Scarpa, Millet...) and Evov's are the best shoes I have ever worn hands down. Great quality, climb VERY well, and AWESOME customer service. Not a bad thing I can say about them!! :D

cchildre

Jul 5, 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #6 of 10 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude! It took like a whole week for me to exchange my shoes after I ordered the wrong size! I was so weak by the time they came back I that I had to start my training program all over again! LMAO JK Get some! Great shoes! Love my Kaos. Do be careful when sizing though because they settle out a little but don't stretch.

zafiro_aguja

Jul 5, 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #7 of 10 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've got a pair of their Defy and I love them. Their Trax rubber is sticky and the shoe fit is great. I get good heal hooks from my shoes and they stick to balancey moves very well. The company has amazing customer service too! They are really helpful.

dutyje

Jul 6, 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #8 of 10 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I ordered a pair of Defy shoes as a cheap "backup" for when my Miuras were getting a resole. I only planned on using them when the others were out of service. Once I got them, they were super-slick and wouldn't stick to much of anything. However, after a break-in period (about 2-3 climbing days) they became super-sticky.

They're very comfortable and have become my primary shoes for a long day of climbing. I would definitely recommend the Evolv shoes. My next pair will also be Evolv. I feel their rubber is outstanding (as good as or better than Stealth). They seem to size well for my feet, and are more durable than my other shoes.

Partner gamehendge

Jul 6, 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #9 of 10 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I own several models. Several pairs of certain models. They're the best.

gefunk

Jul 6, 2005, 1:05 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Evolv and FINALLY, now 5.10 with their new Galileo. Absolutely the best shoes on the market, hands down. Hahaha, sounds weird but I have a pair of Galileo's that I got at a pro deal through my gym and they are the best / comfortable "curled toe" shoe on the market. I also own a hella cheap Rage which is the best bouldering slipper I have ever owned. Completely cheaper then any other high end slipper and way better, in my opinion then the V-10's made by Five ten. Good luck with the velcro's from Evolv, and have fun if they are predators.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook