First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

theman

Aug 20, 2005, 3:17 PM
Post #26 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Re: Pagan climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i have some wicca furniture, does that mean im wiccan?

sick_climba

Aug 20, 2005, 4:00 PM
Post #27 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Are you serious?
Do you think your co-opted spirituality makes you special and you want everyone to know that.
All I can say is...WTF
OK you know what I enjoyed reading most of the stupid and pointless yet funny post because they made me laugh. I didn't take any of fence to them because I really don't care what people think of my chosen path, but this pissed me off. This post was directed at PAGAN climbers. I don't care whether or not you post a reply if your not pagan, but I would appreciate it if people didn't start assuming that I posted this to show off I'm pagan cuz frankly i don't give a fuck what people think of my religion. As any one with common sense can see form the post topic that this was (once again) DIRECTED TOWARDS PAGAN CLIMBERS. IF you don't have any advice or a funny smart ass comment that is not to offensive then please do not post here. I would appreciate it greatly!
Climb on
Chris

theflyingsquirrel

Aug 20, 2005, 5:41 PM
Post #28 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pagangear.com ? hmmm maybe it would help..... no prolly not :(

atpeaceinbozeman

Aug 20, 2005, 6:43 PM
Post #29 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Are you serious?
Do you think your co-opted spirituality makes you special and you want everyone to know that.
All I can say is...WTF

All I can say is...STFU nOOb!

lewisiarediviva

Aug 20, 2005, 7:51 PM
Post #30 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm a pagan/Wiccan. Blessed Be Chris!, I've never performed a pre-climb ritual. I do meditate alot. Before a climb meditate about it. Imagine a safe and grand send, remember the power of positive thought!. You can also wear a charm for protection and or strength. Hope this helps.

Tim

I'm not Wiccan but I think timd has the right idea. I say this simply 'cause climbing itself is about your own strength and improving it. I'd guess that your rituals are better reserved for other issues and using meditation to clear yourself is probably the most beneficial ritual you could use.

Could I be right if I'd say that worrying about all the directions and such could complicate things, and then your mind is worried about weather or not you did the ritual right or that you did the right ritual. . . you could end up less ready for the rock then you were in the first place.

krisp

Aug 20, 2005, 8:39 PM
Post #31 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Are you serious?
All I can say is...WTF
OK you know what I enjoyed reading most of the stupid and pointless yet funny post because they made me laugh. I didn't take any of fence to them because I really don't care what people think of my chosen path, but this pissed me off. This post was directed at PAGAN climbers. I don't care whether or not you post a reply if your not pagan, but I would appreciate it if people didn't start assuming that I posted this to show off I'm pagan cuz frankly i don't give a f--- what people think of my religion. As any one with common sense can see form the post topic that this was (once again) DIRECTED TOWARDS PAGAN CLIMBERS. IF you don't have any advice or a funny smart ass comment that is not to offensive then please do not post here. I would appreciate it greatly!
Climb on
Chris
OH MY GAAAWWWD!
You're serious aren't you. :lol: :lol: Dont take any OF FENCE, but we wont be climbing together. My guess is one of your friends told you how cool being pagan is, and you want to be cool. Cool, like climbing 5.11 when you don't even own a harness. Kid, you are a poser. Sorry to be so harsh, but that's the real world. I can just picture you, Dan Ackroyd, and Tom Hanks all hanging out bouldering while wearing your horned buffallo hats.
Oh yeah, You said don't post unless you have advice. Well here it is: STAY IN SCHOOL. You need it.

sick_climba

Aug 20, 2005, 9:02 PM
Post #32 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

^^^Two words.... FUCK YOU!
When the hell are people gonna listen to what I am saying... I just want advice, very few of you have given such, and many seem to think I have an alternative motive! What the fucking hell is with this?
(This post was directed towards a post that was here before and not the last post on the second page)

youmeanupthere

Aug 20, 2005, 9:17 PM
Post #33 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I thought most of the posts were helpul especially since most climbers are pagan. Afterall, doesnt P.A.G.A.N. stand for People Against Goodness and Normalcy.

I suppose I'm going to edit this and apologize ahead of time.

nthusiastj

Aug 20, 2005, 10:33 PM
Post #34 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wear my power outfit to climb in
http://www.tomhanksland.com/movies/dragnet/4.jpg

youmeanupthere

Aug 21, 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #35 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's what I'm talking about nthusiastj.

climbsomething

Aug 21, 2005, 1:38 AM
Post #36 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

climbsomething moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbsomething moved this thread from General to Community.

ambler

Aug 21, 2005, 3:45 PM
Post #37 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Re: climbsomething moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ya know, the 15-year-old OP kept his dignity on this thread a lot better than a bunch of the bozos who answered.

lofstromc

Aug 22, 2005, 6:38 PM
Post #38 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Man,

I'd like to apologize. I was just busting your b@@ls. Peace

sick_climba

Aug 22, 2005, 9:48 PM
Post #39 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I wear my power outfit to climb in
http://www.tomhanksland.com/movies/dragnet/4.jpg
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!! I laughed my ass off . Good work bro good work... lol :lol:
Climb on
Chris

Partner blonde_loves_bolts

Aug 22, 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #40 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There's no need to even consider the validity of paganism as a religion on this board once one takes into consideration that the OP is a complete tool.

sick_climba

Aug 23, 2005, 1:12 AM
Post #41 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Theres no need to take a climber like this ^^^ seriously when you relize she is a complete bitch.

Aug 23, 2005, 1:54 AM
Post #42 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Theres no need to take a climber like this ^^^ seriously when you relize she is a complete b----.

Borderline illiterate 16 year old hitched pagan "soloists" don't intimidate me. You're going to have to try better than that.

Partner bear829

Aug 23, 2005, 2:24 AM
Post #43 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay, I am not pagan, but my ancestors were. I do take a couple of things from them. A lot of the religion is based on a star map that has to do with the time year and placements of those stars. Depending on what time of year it is, how the weather is, and my dedication to the thing I am about to do, I do some kind of meditation. I know when I was skating, I would go off and sit by myself for about an hour in a corner stretching with my eyes closed just to visualize things. I still do that to this day. If I am climbing, I sit at the base and put my back to the rock and just think quietly. I know, I'm odd. The first time I went bouldering, i didnt' do that and I ended up breaking my toe. Since then, I have been really focused and have been improving so, so, so much.

Get some books and read up on the religion, or just do some research and put your own little twist on things, or just do what you want to do.

Happy Climbing

~Sarbear

madrock

Aug 23, 2005, 4:08 AM
Post #44 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Look everyone Pagans are people too and I find all of this joking about their religion very disturbing and offensive.

Not really, I just wanted to fit in with all the other very serious people on the site.

Joe

timd

Aug 23, 2005, 5:07 AM
Post #45 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have been following this because I am a pagan. I am starting to find it offensive. Our religion is sacred to us just like the other religions are to those that follow them. Sick_climba you need to take some time man! Go meditate and cleanse your aura, you are getting too worked up over this. As for everyone else, I respectfully request that you not make derogatory remarks about our religion.

Blessed Be,

Tim

lofstromc

Aug 23, 2005, 10:51 AM
Post #46 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Blessed Be?

Is that like saying, "may Christ be with you" or "Jah I rastafari'?

They are all parts of a whole. No one should get offended or feel they have to defend others. Life is hard, deal with it.

rainontin

Aug 23, 2005, 2:12 PM
Post #47 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The fact that anyone believes sick_climba is anything other than a troll is utterly shocking and appalling.

sick_climba

Aug 23, 2005, 2:14 PM
Post #48 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Theres no need to take a climber like this ^^^ seriously when you relize she is a complete b----.

Borderline illiterate 16 year old hitched pagan "soloists" don't intimidate me. You're going to have to try better than that.
Yeah because I'm trying to scare you. If you don't say stupid shit then you won't get any back. My 2 cents shut the hell up becasue you don't have any advice for this thread. Ps don't solo any more...
Climb on
Chris

sick_climba

Aug 23, 2005, 2:22 PM
Post #49 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes that is the jist of blessed be. It is most commonly said when one enters the circle of a ritual. The basic jist behind it is like may god be with you, but rather than protection its more to help clear out negitive energy before entering the circle. Entering a circle with negitive thoughts, feelings, ect is not good because it then corrupts it and it is not a safe place to some gods and goddeses. But yes I agree very much with timd, as I have said before, if you are not going to post here in positive spirts please don't. I'm done cussing people out for calling me... whatever... I've realized that those of you who do not have anything to say about the topic that isn't offensive (not including witty and funny remarks :) ) are a waste of my time and space. If you choose to reply in an offensive way then you simply will not get a reply and your post will be ignored.
Climb on
Chris

Aug 23, 2005, 5:58 PM
Post #50 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:roll:

In reply to:
Life is hard, deal with it.