Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Mount McCaleb
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

helpimstuck

Aug 12, 2005, 7:03 PM
Post #1 of 3 (891 views)
Shortcut

Mount McCaleb  (North_America: United_States: Alabama: Northern: Sandrock__Cherokee_Rock_Village_: Sun_Wall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey All im just trying to get info on the mountian anything helps as some of u may know im here till October and I am thinking of trying to find and create a route up the south face but if its not possible then I will substitute for climbing either the east face or east ridge before I return home. Anyways If anybody has climbed this mountian or can give me some more info about the climbs conditions I just cant imagine that no one has climbed the south face unless its incredibly hard anyways just give me a response I will be looking for partners after I find out more about the mountian I will put another post if I decide to climb it sometime before October.

hobo

Aug 22, 2005, 5:47 PM
Post #2 of 3 (891 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mount McCaleb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the south face of Mount McCaleb is made up of mostly crumbly limestone so the protection situation might not be to inspiring Though it does look like an appealing face. as far as I know It has not been climbed. the east and west ridges have non technical scrambles to the summit, go to the Lopez guide for more info hopefully I have been of help. also if you were going to try the south face the best time might be in late winter or early spring when the face is frozen and more consolidated. good luck.

helpimstuck

Aug 26, 2005, 8:42 PM
Post #3 of 3 (891 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mount McCaleb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ok thx for the info like i said its just one of the many idea's im working towards

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook