Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

nowinowski

Sep 9, 2005, 9:01 PM
Post #51 of 129 (17545 views)
Shortcut

Re: Hardest Problem in US of A [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

donny you're out of your element.

Partner mr8615

Sep 9, 2005, 9:26 PM
Post #52 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Sasquatch is graded nothing by a crack climber. Where the hell is your arguement?!
In reply to:
better yet, go back to whatever rock gym you crawled out of before you bought a pad and decided to come outside.
No, maybe if you trained at the gym a little more you wouldn't have to work a problem for 20 years.

Wow, glad I can sh*t on posts today.

What makes people think that just because they can't climb cracks, it makes them easier? Seriously, I really don't give a damn what the hardest problem is or any of that graded shit, but why do people always think 'it's not a climb, it's a crack'?

Because crack climbing is harder than face climbing, 'real' boulder problems shouldn't include cracks? Wait! I get it! Because gym boulders don't have cracks, 'real' boulder problems can't possibly include cracks!!! I get it, finally! :roll:

bvb

Sep 9, 2005, 10:32 PM
Post #53 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my god, this kid is hopeless. just when you think the bar can't be dropped any lower, he's set a new standard for naivete.

In reply to:
I am sure I am not alone when I say a crack is not your standard boulder problem.

take note, people. some of the most storied boulder problems in the country -- bachar's groundbreaking 1974 problems at woodson, for example, not to mention yosemite classics such as short circuit, circuit breaker, bachar cracker, bad ass baby, pig pen and central scrutinizer at josh, crackhouse in moab, and so on, have been declared invalid by the n00b.

we stand corrected.

collegekid

Sep 9, 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #54 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I guess I might as well give up attempting "PigPen" in Joshua Tree since it's "not a standard boulder problem". (Pigpen is an overhanging roof crack rated at V4, the "V" denoting a boulder rating).

refugee

Sep 10, 2005, 2:09 AM
Post #55 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
take note, people. some of the most storied boulder problems in the country -- bachar's groundbreaking 1974 problems at woodson, for example, not to mention yosemite classics such as short circuit, circuit breaker, bachar cracker, bad ass baby, pig pen and central scrutinizer at josh, crackhouse in moab, and so on, have been declared invalid by the n00b.

we stand corrected.

the crushing transparency of your antagonism cum has-been-glory-day-reliving hasn't gotten us anywhere...

can someone just answer my question: what is the hardest boulder problem in california?

and don't say sasquatch.

eddie_munster

Sep 10, 2005, 2:57 AM
Post #56 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I propose the hardest thing in cali right now (certainly the hardest thing in bishop) is the sitstart to thunderbird, Direction, done by shawn Diamond last season. That was tried over several seasons by many top climbers.

The Swarm, AKA the Brown wall, done by Matt Birch is another unrepeated contender.

There are sereral problems in bishop as hard as spectre, which has had a number of repeats.

It doesn't really matter though, b/c in like 10 minutes there will be something harder...

curt

Sep 10, 2005, 3:08 AM
Post #57 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

we stand corrected.

the crushing transparency of your antagonism cum has-been-glory-day-reliving hasn't gotten us anywhere...

can someone just answer my question: what is the hardest boulder problem in california?

and don't say sasquatch.

It's likely Sasquatch, you weaksauce, bitchmade fucking n00b. Oh, and bvb still climbs harder than you can ever hope to, so dream on. Also, the hardest boulder problem in the U.S is probably Slapshot, in Boulder, CO.

Curt

refugee

Sep 10, 2005, 4:15 AM
Post #58 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It's likely Sasquatch, you weaksauce, b---- f---ing n00b. Oh, and bvb still climbs harder than you can ever hope to, so dream on. Also, the hardest boulder problem in the U.S is probably Slapshot, in Boulder, CO.

Curt

Anyone else? Preferably someone without hangups stemmig from septuageneric man-love...

Hardest problem in California? I'd like to see a rating, too...so it must be rated, and not climbed out of "purity"

fracture

Sep 10, 2005, 4:15 AM
Post #59 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

and don't say sasquatch.

It's likely Sasquatch, you weaksauce, b---- f---ing n00b. Oh, and bvb still climbs harder than you can ever hope to, so dream on. Also, the hardest boulder problem in the U.S is probably Slapshot, in Boulder, CO.

Curt

I've got an unrepeated---that's B3, biyatch---lowball buildering traverse that fucking crushes all this crack bullshit. I didn't propose a grade, because, as bvb pointed out: counting repeats is the only true grading mechanism. Plus, it's so ridiculously hard---orders of magnitude harder than Sasquach---no one can comprehend the amount of pure flawless skill necessary to do it.

So where are the lines to try my problem? You all know Fred Nicole is just scared that he will get owned.

Clearly this is the hardest problem in North America, and thus California as well. By transitivity. Or interpolation. Or something technical like that.

End of thread.

vegastradguy

Sep 10, 2005, 4:35 AM
Post #60 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curt, bvb....c'mon guys. trying to explain this shit to these kids is like trying to teach calculus to my dog....and my dog is fucking retarded as far as dogs go (cute, though, so we forgive him for it....)....

bvb

Sep 10, 2005, 4:57 AM
Post #61 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I propose the hardest thing in cali right now (certainly the hardest thing in bishop) is the sitstart to thunderbird, Direction, done by shawn Diamond last season. That was tried over several seasons by many top climbers.

The Swarm, AKA the Brown wall, done by Matt Birch is another unrepeated contender.

There are sereral problems in bishop as hard as spectre, which has had a number of repeats.

It doesn't really matter though, b/c in like 10 minutes there will be something harder...

munsterman, altho i totally agree with the "10 minute rule", i still contend that we could take the top 20 hard guys and line them up on alla the cali hards....and sasquatch would see the fewest repeats. it's so fucking reachy and weird, and requires tweaking tricks that the crimpmasters ain't got. but we'll never know, 'cause as we both know the birches and sharmas of the world go after things that they find desirable, not what some 17 year old kid wants to see them try.

and that is a very, very good thing.

bvb

Sep 10, 2005, 5:02 AM
Post #62 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
[I'd like to see a rating, too...so it must be rated, and not climbed out of "purity"

seriously, i feel sorry for you. your mental landscape has been limited by the climbing scene you were incubated in, which means you will miss out on 90% of what climbing has to offer.

good luck, bro.

bvb

Sep 10, 2005, 5:03 AM
Post #63 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
[and don't say sasquatch.
sasquatch.

shit, sorry man, i spaced out your directive.

Partner mr8615

Sep 10, 2005, 5:17 AM
Post #64 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
curt, bvb....c'mon guys. trying to explain this s--- to these kids is like trying to teach calculus to my dog....and my dog is f---ing retarded as far as dogs go (cute, though, so we forgive him for it....)....

Classic, I love cute retarded dogs, but i'll be damned if they can figure out that calculus shit... trophy for you!

PS. curt, bvb... i'm glad you try, there is still hope for climbing beyond the mainstream gymbies

kalcario

Sep 10, 2005, 6:02 AM
Post #65 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*seriously, i feel sorry for you. your mental landscape has been limited by the climbing scene you were incubated in, which means you will miss out on 90% of what climbing has to offer.*

ahhhahaha listen to the boulderer lecturing about missing out on what climbing has to offer

whoooossh

that's irony sailing over your head

eddie_munster

Sep 10, 2005, 6:04 AM
Post #66 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
munsterman, altho i totally agree with the "10 minute rule", i still contend that we could take the top 20 hard guys and line them up on alla the cali hards....and sasquatch would see the fewest repeats. it's so f---ing reachy and weird, and requires tweaking tricks that the crimpmasters ain't got. but we'll never know, 'cause as we both know the birches and sharmas of the world go after things that they find desirable, not what some 17 year old kid wants to see them try.

and that is a very, very good thing.

Ok, fair enough. But I'll line up 20 dean potters and they will, likewise, not be able to crimp their way out the sds to thunderbird. I'll bet my car on it (granted, that is not much of a prize). so, as always it comes down to a matter of your strengths. Sasquatch is no less an achievement, just different, I guess.

curt

Sep 10, 2005, 6:38 AM
Post #67 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Curt

Anyone else? Preferably someone without hangups stemmig from septuageneric man-love...

Hardest problem in California? I'd like to see a rating, too...so it must be rated, and not climbed out of "purity"

Oh, excellent point the wannabe n00b makes; if a boulder problem doesn't have a specific difficulty number assigned to it--it can't possibly be a hard boulder problem, can it? Hahahahahahaha.

Curt

curt

Sep 10, 2005, 6:45 AM
Post #68 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
*seriously, i feel sorry for you. your mental landscape has been limited by the climbing scene you were incubated in, which means you will miss out on 90% of what climbing has to offer.*

ahhhahaha listen to the boulderer lecturing about missing out on what climbing has to offer

whoooossh

No, that's someone who has climbed much harder than you ever will telling you how it is. Maybe you should listen and learn instead of acting the quintessential jackass. Of course, I doubt you will take the hint and I doubt you are acting. :boring:

Curt

kalcario

Sep 10, 2005, 7:12 AM
Post #69 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*Maybe you should listen and learn instead of acting the quintessential jackass. Of course, I doubt you will take the hint and I doubt you are acting.*

let's go listen to the Queen Creek thread shall we? and learn who the quintessential jackass really is

we've been laughing about you being "potty trained at gunpoint" for weeks now

BOOM BOOM

those would be sonic booms of irony in your case

curt

Sep 10, 2005, 7:38 AM
Post #70 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
*Maybe you should listen and learn instead of acting the quintessential jackass. Of course, I doubt you will take the hint and I doubt you are acting.*

let's go listen to the Queen Creek thread shall we? and learn who the quintessential jackass really is

we've been laughing about you being "potty trained at gunpoint" for weeks now

BOOM BOOM

those would be sonic booms of irony in your case

Homo Joe,

The fact that you support some anonymous coward posting in the Oak Flat thread speaks volumes about your personal integrity and ethics--and not in any positive way. I would also like to comment about how you challenged alpnclmbr1 to say what he posted about you directly to your face in another thread. Guess what? I'll be happy to tell you exactly what I think of you to your face anytime, big guy. You're such a weakling.

Curt

vanclimber

Sep 10, 2005, 7:45 AM
Post #71 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OP what about Morphine? I didn't see it listed in the thread...James Litz sent it and didn't give it a grade, just said it was the hardest thing he had ever done (at that point, after he had sent Crown of Aragon)

kalcario

Sep 10, 2005, 7:50 AM
Post #72 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

* Guess what? I'll be happy to tell you exactly what I think of you to your face anytime, big guy. You're such a weakling.*

oops...sorry. didn't mean to cross the line there with someone whom I have no hope of meeting up with personally - usually i only intentionally insult locals. it's precious, though, how you and bvb stick up for each other (although really it seems to be you sticking up for him, not vice versa)...makes us wonder how much you actually "stick up" for him if you know what I mean...

bvb

Sep 10, 2005, 8:49 AM
Post #73 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

whoooossh

i'm just a boulderer?????

doing 12+ sport climbs at rumney in the 80's dosent count?

onsighting the west face of el cap in '87, every pitch, free, dosen't count?

onsighting every pitch of greasy but groovy in a single, continuous ascent in '87 don't count?

flashing valhalla in '77 dosen't count?

flashing fish crack don't count?

doing the beaver 2nd try in '80 dosent't count?

doing baby apes in '86 don't count?????

DAMN....i'm just a BOULDERER???? OH SHIT.

HOMO JOE, i was THERE, laughing at you with the rest of the crew, in JTree when you were breaking into 5.10's, 10 years after i'd done my first 5.12.

spray all you want....make like you're all tight with the crew.

you'll always be "homo joe", the fucking wannabe clinging jtree n00b, to me.

carry on, "kalcario", or whatever the fuck it is you call yourself these days.

bvb

Sep 10, 2005, 9:02 AM
Post #74 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

from homo joe's profile:

In reply to:
freed most of the Nose

this is rich. care to elaborate on this? "most of the nose" means exactly....what??

i call BULLSHIT. we won't even talk about the .14 pitches. did you free any of the .13 pitches?? if so, which ones? or....are you just shit talking like you did all back in the day???

golsen

Sep 10, 2005, 11:32 AM
Post #75 of 129 (17543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
from homo joe's profile:

In reply to:
freed most of the Nose

this is rich. care to elaborate on this? "most of the nose" means exactly....what??

i call s---. we won't even talk about the .14 pitches. did you free any of the .13 pitches?? if so, which ones? or....are you just s--- talking like you did all back in the day???

Freeing most of the nose aint all that hard. There are 5 sections rated harder than 11d. And if you grab pro on some of the 11's it makes it even easier :D . Course when I freed most of it, I also grabbed a bunch of pro, I think we called it french free back in the day.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook