Forums: Community: Campground:
Not to racially stereotype but...........
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

mistymountainhop

Oct 18, 2005, 4:50 PM
Post #1 of 6 (257 views)
Shortcut

Not to racially stereotype but...........
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have alot of friends that are Jewish. They are some of my very good friends actually, but one thing Ive noticed is how determined they are to succeed. Ive heard the greedy stereotype, but it seems they dont really want money, just to be the best at what they do. one of my best friends who is Jewish really helped me find the initiative to focus. I find this to be an admirable quality and it is apparent how many people i know dont care about what they do; they just go along with everything. Each time i try to find out why i dont really get a solid answer. What does the Jewish culture instill that makes its followers want to be the best?

jumpingrock

Oct 18, 2005, 4:58 PM
Post #2 of 6 (257 views)
Shortcut

Re: Not to racially stereotype but........... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Possibly the fact that if they weren't then their entire culture would have been run off this planet multiple times?

crotch

Oct 18, 2005, 5:05 PM
Post #3 of 6 (257 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
What does the Jewish culture instill that makes its followers want to be the best?

Guilt.

thorne
Deleted

Oct 18, 2005, 5:14 PM
Post #4 of 6 (257 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I noticed the same thing. Don't know why. Any way you rationalize it, the consistent results are pretty impressive.

maculated

Oct 18, 2005, 5:28 PM
Post #5 of 6 (257 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not so sure it's culture so much as breeding (genetics plays a huge role in temperament) and family. I know plenty of unsuccessful (in the terms you're talking about) Jews, too.

I don't know why, but I was giving my life history to this woman I'd met at a dog show: brother retired at 37, sister has started and run four businesses as well as spearheaded a multi-million dollar Katrina relief effort, my parents started out blue collar and are now in a multimillion dollar house in a presitgious community . . . I'm the only one without much under my belt, but I guess the grad school was enough for her.

"What did your parents do to make you guys turn out that way?"

Heck if I know, but everyone in my family is an achiever. ANd there was NEVER a moment that I can think of that we were consciously pushed in that direction.

But you know, aside from my Irish . . . I'm part Jewish too. :)

kriso9tails

Oct 18, 2005, 6:08 PM
Post #6 of 6 (257 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Ive heard the greedy stereotype, but it seems they dont really want money, just to be the best at what they do.

What about Bruckheimer then? =p

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook