RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

mikee

Oct 18, 2005, 11:30 PM
Post #1 of 3 (678 views)
Shortcut

Shortoff Beta - Water & Rap Tilted World
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I heard once there is another spring at the top of Shortoff other than the one at the decent gully. Anyone know where it is?

Also, anyone know about rapping into the tilted word? I was wondering if there is a fixed station or other easy way to find the spot. Also, anyone know how long the rap is? I was planning on taking only one rope to lighten the load.
Thanks,
Mike

jon

Oct 21, 2005, 1:20 AM
Post #2 of 3 (678 views)
Shortcut

Re: Shortoff Beta - Water & Rap Tilted World [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i don't know of any other spring than the one at the top. every time i've rapped into the tilted world, i've built an anchor with extra gear and left the rap rope hanging...although there are some trees on the climber's furthest left portion of the cliff that you could use instead. enjoy

nrvna963

Oct 21, 2005, 2:08 AM
Post #3 of 3 (678 views)
Shortcut

Re: Shortoff Beta - Water & Rap Tilted World [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yea the only spring on that trail above shortoff is the one for the decent gully.
I would recommend bring 2 ropes because it can be a pain, if not impossible to pull the rope down after rapping into the tilted world. If you have a lot of webbing to clear the edge of the cliff then maybe the rope drag wont be as bad, or if you use the tree off to the side it might not be as bad. There is kind of a trail leading to the edge of the cliff where the tilted world is, not too far before the decent gully, probably 100 yards. The rap is not very long, with my 70 meter i could easily get down to the ledge with the rope doubled over. Remember to bring plenty of gear and webbing/ cordelette for the anchor, the rock is slightly chossy, i usually like to place 3 or 4 pieces in different parts of the rock, and those placements can be rather far apart. If you cant find the top of the tilted world you can always walk past the spring until you come to an overlook, look over at the cliff on the other side and you will be able to see the tilted world, that might help you get your bearings straight.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook