First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner tradman

Oct 24, 2005, 8:06 AM
Post #1 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Re: Video Animal Mistreatment Cruelty, Cow Farms Pig Farms [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyone who cares about animals should definitely investigate PETA: they're currently one of america's top killers of domestic pets, killing 85% of the animals they collect for "adoption" and "rehoming" by lethal injection.

PETA is a business, and only exists to make money for those who run it. Would you support an organisation who make money out of animals' suffering?

ece

Oct 24, 2005, 7:08 AM
Post #2 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Video Animal Mistreatment Cruelty, Cow Farms Pig Farms [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Video Animal Mistreatment Cruelty, Cow Farms Pig Farms

Video documentary 20mins, narrated by actor Alec Baldwin. Thank you for watching.

http://www.petatv.com/...video=meet_your_meat

http://www.petatv.com/...Player=wm&speed=_low

Partner tradman

Oct 24, 2005, 8:06 AM
Post #3 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyone who cares about animals should definitely investigate PETA: they're currently one of america's top killers of domestic pets, killing 85% of the animals they collect for "adoption" and "rehoming" by lethal injection.

PETA is a business, and only exists to make money for those who run it. Would you support an organisation who make money out of animals' suffering?

overlord

Oct 24, 2005, 10:30 AM
Post #4 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

^^^^ i havent heard this before, but still...

peta is a bit too extreme for my tastes. preventing cruelty to animals is a noble cause, but so should be the means of achieving it.

Partner euroford

Oct 24, 2005, 10:42 AM
Post #5 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

peta = lame

animals = tasty

Partner rockrat511

Oct 24, 2005, 10:49 AM
Post #6 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My family owns a slaughter house!!!!(Not a lie)

PETA is nothing more than a bunch of terrorist, and now they stoop so low as to start spamming(HEHE spam is meat :D , sort of :?: )!!!!!!11

PETA really chaps my ass!!!! Go to hell and hang out with other animal lovers like Hitler!!!!
Fuckin' PETA.

Don't get me started on Alec Baldwin!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

lordjim

Oct 24, 2005, 3:21 PM
Post #7 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know about you guys but I'm in the mood for a big fucking cheeseburger, medium of course with some crispy bacon on top.

animals = tasty is right!

kimmyt

Oct 24, 2005, 4:32 PM
Post #8 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:lol:

Even Better Video

curt

Oct 24, 2005, 4:46 PM
Post #9 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...Don't get me started on Alec Baldwin!

Didn't he promise to leave the United States if GWB became President instead of Gore? WTF is he still doing here. Get the fuck out Alec. :D

Curt

mistymountainhop

Oct 24, 2005, 5:46 PM
Post #10 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
:lol:

Even Better Video

HAHAH!! what the hell was that!?

Has anyone ever seen Team America?

All the Alec Baldwin haters here would get a big kick out of it.

Partner j_ung

Oct 24, 2005, 5:55 PM
Post #11 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Video Animal Mistreatment Cruelty, Cow Farms Pig Farms

Video documentary 20mins, narrated by actor Alec Baldwin. Thank you for watching.

http://www.petatv.com/...video=meet_your_meat

http://www.petatv.com/...Player=wm&speed=_low

This is just for posterity's sake, since I'm about to nuke ece. I'm a vegetarian and despise cruelty to animals, but I'm torn. I hate spam, too. And I have a job to do... :(

Partner bear829

Oct 24, 2005, 6:09 PM
Post #12 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay. I am so freaked out by those fun films. My dad was a butcher for 18 years before he died. I know what goes on in slughter houses and what happens to the animals. I know that not every place is like that. I have been a vegetarian about a hundred times. I can't seem to stick with it. I agree to some point that what some places do to animals is way beyond what they need to do, but at the same time, could you imagine what the world would look like if everyone stopped eating those delicious things? When I was little we had a farm and on it were turkeys. They have to be the stupidest animals ever. If you leave them out in the rain, they get all excited about the rain coming down. They must think its food. They look up and in doing so, their mouths open and a lot of them don't get it and end up drowning themselves. Needless to say, we had a lot of fresh turkey. :shock:

wjca

Oct 24, 2005, 6:17 PM
Post #13 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Okay. I am so freaked out by those fun films. My dad was a butcher for 18 years before he died. I know what goes on in slughter houses and what happens to the animals. I know that not every place is like that. I have been a vegetarian about a hundred times. I can't seem to stick with it. I agree to some point that what some places do to animals is way beyond what they need to do, but at the same time, could you imagine what the world would look like if everyone stopped eating those delicious things? When I was little we had a farm and on it were turkeys. They have to be the stupidest animals ever. If you leave them out in the rain, they get all excited about the rain coming down. They must think its food. They look up and in doing so, their mouths open and a lot of them don't get it and end up drowning themselves. Needless to say, we had a lot of fresh turkey. :shock:

Dumb = turkey that knows no better than to look up at the rain with open mouth and drowns.

Dumber = farmer that knows his turkeys are dumb enough to drown themselves if left out in the rain, yet leaves the turkeys out in the rain anyway.

Sorry Sarah, had to point that out.

Partner bear829

Oct 24, 2005, 7:06 PM
Post #14 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just to let you know, we didn't always leave them out in the rain. Sometimes, dad would forget to bring in a turkey or two. :roll: Thanks wjca! Meanie! :wink:

thorne
Deleted

Oct 24, 2005, 7:22 PM
Post #15 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm a vegetarian and despise cruelty to animals,

I always feel great after a healthy serving of cooked flesh. You should try it.

With Peta's dirty little secrets getting out I'd say their goose is cooked.

memory_hole

Oct 25, 2005, 12:45 AM
Post #16 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Does anybody have a link for me to read more about this? I was at PETA's celeb gala last month, and a couple of protestors walked up on stage during the awards presentation. It wasn't clear at the time what they were protesting, but I heard later that it was something about PETA dumping euthanized companion animals in dumpsters somewhere.

epic_ed

Oct 25, 2005, 2:26 AM
Post #17 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
... but I heard later that it was something about PETA dumping euthanized companion animals in dumpsters somewhere.

It's OK -- we can still call them "pets".

memory_hole

Oct 25, 2005, 2:45 AM
Post #18 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It's OK -- we can still call them "pets".
Some of you might have that luxury, but my wife works for the Humane Society and has me well trained.

Partner tradman

Oct 25, 2005, 8:30 AM
Post #19 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Does anybody have a link for me to read more about this?

Of course.

Click here to find out more.

It may make for difficult reading if you're sympathetic towards or involved with PETA, but the sources seem solid and we do know that at least 2 PETA workers are already in court over this.

Partner j_ung

Oct 25, 2005, 2:14 PM
Post #20 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"Self righteous vegetarians," indeed. :roll:

In reply to:
I always feel great after a healthy serving of cooked flesh. You should try it.

In reply to:
could you imagine what the world would look like if everyone stopped eating those delicious things?

In reply to:
I don't know about you guys but I'm in the mood for a big f---ing cheeseburger, medium of course with some crispy bacon on top.

animals = tasty is right!

In reply to:
animals = tasty

kimmyt

Oct 25, 2005, 2:18 PM
Post #21 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
"Self righteous vegetarians," indeed. :roll:

Oh, come now. YOu know they're just good-naturedly teasing you veg-heads.

It's like when I was in fifth grade, and I chased all my timid girly friends around with the dead rat I had dissected for the science fair.

It was pretty damn funny.

Until I got detention.

K.

Partner rockrat511

Oct 25, 2005, 2:47 PM
Post #22 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To J_ung and other,

Does my family own a ranch, Yes. Do we raise, sell and prepare animals for consumption. Damn right we do, that's what kept me clothed in my youth.
I can also guarentee that my family operation is nothing like you would see in any PETA film. The animals are cared for as well as my dog, and some of you know how much I like my dog(Damn spoiled brat!!)

Do animals suffer at their death, yes, I'm sure they do, to as little a degree as possible. We are not sadists, we omnivorous beings who are well aware of where are food comes from, we are not seperated from our meals by celaphane and ice-boxs. An animal died for every steak and every hamburger.

Now here is a kicker for ya all, I'm damn near a vegetarian my self. I personally find nothing immoral about the consumption of flesh, I just don't enjoy it, it doesn't taste good to me. But I won't deny my self a cheeseburger or peperoni pizza either, cause they are damn tasty in my opinion.

For those of you that find the idea of eating flesh immoral, that's your perogative just don't press your moral upon me. I respect your view and ask that you respect mine.

As to groups such as PETA, and others that use terrorist tacticts because otherwise no one listens, maybe they don't listen because they don't agree.

P.S.
J_ung this isn't directed at you, what I started writing was more along the lines of I respect you for your decision to be a vegetarian, but it evolved a bit as I was writing it.

P.P.S.
I still HATE PETA!!!! :evil: :evil:

memory_hole

Oct 25, 2005, 5:09 PM
Post #23 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
As to groups such as PETA, and others that use terrorist tacticts because otherwise no one listens, maybe they don't listen because they don't agree.
Terrorist tactics? Maybe you're thinking of the ALF? I think that PETA's advertising is effective precisely because people generally don't consider the consequences of their consumption. It's very easy to look at that shrinkwrapped packet of meat or that fur-trimmed coat as being far-removed from the decision to kill an animal, but that's exactly what that purchase represents. While PETA may seem radical and self-marginalizing at times, the public has been very much in agreement with them when they bring evidence of animal cruelty into the public eye.

phillygoat

Oct 25, 2005, 5:37 PM
Post #24 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What's unfortunate to me is that PETA's tactics seem to elicit the opposite effect in most people. Meat-eaters feel morally attacked, and understandably become defensive. This keeps people from looking at the bigger picture when it comes to how our food choices affect the environment or how the big operations could improve the conditions that the animals live and die in. There are many reasons to look critically at the meat and dairy industry that don't necessarily involve the morality of killing/eating animals.

wjca

Oct 25, 2005, 5:56 PM
Post #25 of 30 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
What's unfortunate to me is that PETA's tactics seem to elicit the opposite effect in most people.

I agree. It makes me want to go out and kick a chicken.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook