RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

sharp_end_soul

Nov 13, 2005, 5:06 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1631 views)
Shortcut

NW AR Trad seeks partners for Multi-pitch
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

NW Arkansas climber looking for partners motivated to climb Long, Moderate, Multi-pitch routes out of state. i.e. So. AZ, CO, NV etc. I most recently climbed a few routes at Cochise Stronghold (AZ) and would be glad to go back. I'm looking toward CO next spring - Sharkstooth, Petit Grepon, Spearhead, and Lumpy Ridge.

altius7

Dec 1, 2005, 7:54 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1631 views)
Shortcut

Re: NW AR Trad seeks partners for Multi-pitch [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am currently in Springfield, MO and looking to do as much mutipitch trad as possbile. I would also like to trad at Sam's or Horseshoe as much as possible in the meantime. I am thinking of moving to CO or CA in the spring. PM me if you would be interested. I am dying to climb as much as possible.

Nate

talons05

Dec 13, 2005, 6:50 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1631 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have climbed Spearhead and the Petit grepon, as well as other routes in RMNP. I live in Fayetteville and try to get out a few times a year for some bigger stuff.

My partner and I are heading to Ouray in Jan. for the ice festival and we'll probably be looking at some alpine routes in May (Capitol Peak, hopefully). Truthfully, I am more a fan of snow/ice and mountaineering routes than alpine rock, but we can probably work something out!

Cheers,

A.W.

bustinmins

Dec 13, 2005, 12:44 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1631 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I have climbed Spearhead and the Petit grepon, as well as other routes in RMNP. I live in Fayetteville and try to get out a few times a year for some bigger stuff.

My partner and I are heading to Ouray in Jan. for the ice festival and we'll probably be looking at some alpine routes in May (Capitol Peak, hopefully). Truthfully, I am more a fan of snow/ice and mountaineering routes than alpine rock, but we can probably work something out!

Cheers,

A.W.

Hey guys,

Denver/Boulder guy here. I plan on coming out to NW Arkansas sometime in the next year. My mother lives there and so does my niece. Where is a good place for trad in NW Ark? Single Pitch fine and actually preferred for a top rope set up for my niece.

As far as Moderate trad goes in Colorado - look into Eldorado Canyon. The Bastille Crack and Calypso are great climbs. If you want longer, higher climbs, then you might want to look into Swanson's Arete, Rewritten or the Great Zot.

GOOGLE "neptune mountaineering" and they have a great tick list on their site.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate the beta on NW Ark climbs as well. Please PM those to me if you don't mind.

Well I'm off to fly....airline guy here. Ending up in Colorado Springs with snow in the forecast....should be fun.

SEE YA

JD
720-635-2825

dvd

Jan 5, 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1631 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey, Im new to Little Rock, would like to get back onto some multipitch, wont have much time to travel to 4corners area but would like to get out on the weekends

~D

steelhands

Jan 5, 2006, 1:16 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1631 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Me and my buds from Memphis climb Batesville, (AKA Jamestown Wildlife Area) just about every weekend. Find, hard sandstone with about 50 sport routes put in since 2002. Some good trad lines and maybe lots more if you look around. Single pitch. The approach is fine if you have real 4WD, 1/2 mile if you have a high ground clearance vehicle and 1.1 mile in a standard car on a dry day.

Email me at steel@midsouth.rr.com if you want to hook up.

Sam

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook