Forums: Climbing Partners: US - Mountain States:
GA girl coming to CO need peeps to climb w/ on Sunday 1/22..
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

brookelyndj

Jan 20, 2006, 9:07 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1244 views)
Shortcut

GA girl coming to CO need peeps to climb w/ on Sunday 1/22..
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Howdee from GA! I live in Atlanta and climb rocks here in the Southeast.

I climb V3 solid, have flashed V4s and working a V5 right now. I climb sport, haven't tried trad but I am interested... been climbing for a little less than a year... routes-wise I'm very comfortable on 5.9s, working 5.10d project that I can get thru the damn crux but not over the dang overhangy part (weak!)... anyway... I am coming to CO on a business trip for a week - will be back in Feb & March also... I'm flying in @ 10AM to Denver, getting a car, and driving to someplace to climb. I was hoping to have some folks to hook up with that might be either bouldering or climbing somewhere that wouldn't mind entertaining someone new to CO climbing. I lived in Colo Spgs for 6 years but did little more than illegally scramble @ Garden of the Gods. So...

Who wants to help a true GA Peach?? :mrgreen:

shorty

Jan 20, 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1244 views)
Shortcut

Re: GA girl coming to CO need peeps to climb w/ on Sunday 1/ [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Who wants to help a true GA Peach?? :mrgreen:
Jeepers -- reminds me of a time I was in television and knew a rather attractive lass who worked for TBS.
Whew, I think I could use a cold shower now.

Back to reality. The Denver metro area was hit with a snowstorm yesterday. It wasn't all big (just a few inches of snow), but the ground is pretty well covered in white. Note that the roads are OK -- I know what ice & snow can do to Atlanta traffic. Temps are projected to top out in the 40's this weekend, thus I suspect much of the Denver/Boulder rock will still be snowy or wet and cold. Call me a wimp, but that's not my idea of good rock climbing.

You may find a few boulders or a smaller rock that's comfy to climb on this weekend, but it may not be easy. It is possible that Shelf Road (vertical limestone sport routes) may have received less snow and be warmer. Note that Shelf Road is a 2 to 2.5 hour drive from Denver.

Sorry for the bad news. However, those of us who ski know that this is the best $#%& ski season we've seen since the early 1980's. If skiing is also your game, forget the 5.10 slippers and pack the ski boots.

brookelyndj

Jan 21, 2006, 1:24 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1244 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

AWWW MAAAAN... well... I'm still gonna take a drive and see about finding some spots to climb. NEXT weekend - the 28th (Saturday) I am still wanting to climb then too... If ANYONE will be out at any crag PLEASE let me know... I just at least want to check it out if I don't get to climb. GRRR. :(

breaksnclimbs

Jan 21, 2006, 6:06 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1244 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Next weekend I'll be climbing in Eldo if you're interested. I climb trad right around 10+/11- ish. I would be more than willing to rope-gun some single/double pitch routes for you. How much trad experience do you have?? I take safety VERY seriously and I know the area (ELDO) pretty darn well so if you're game I'm down to give ya a tour!!

climbingnurse

Jan 21, 2006, 6:17 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1244 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you come to your senses and decide to go skiing, let me know. I'm driving up tomorrow. I was gonna be up there today, but I worked till 1 AM last night and couldn't get to sleep till 4. Tomorrow should be less crowded anyway as the Broncos are playing and most people will be at home watching TV.

I might go climbing next Sunday, so PM me if you are still looking for a partner for that day.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook