RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

sg81hani

Jan 24, 2006, 3:15 PM
Post #1 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Dumped!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I got dumped by my climbing partner. Reason: after 6-8 mths of not climbing, my partner who started me off climbing got turned off by my sudden rate of improvement n strength. What initially started off with fun climbing with a couple of friends ended up with him getting frustrated with himself, the wall, and me as the scapegoat.
So at home, he said ' I dun think I want to climb with you anymore since you're so much better than me now. But doesn't mean I wouldn't go out with u anymore. It's just me n my ego trip.'
Known this guy for almost 2 yrs and hv a close relationship ever since we started climbing together. Just saddened by this whole crap. Suddenly what brought us together is breaking us apart.
Damn.

Boo-hoo
Hani

granite_grrl

Jan 24, 2006, 4:20 PM
Post #2 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Re: Dumped! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The Ego's an ugly thing when it comes to climbing...

snoangel

Jan 24, 2006, 7:09 PM
Post #3 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had a similar situation, but for the opposite reason. My climbing partner was the one who got me into climbing. I didn't really climb for a winter as I was too busy snowboarding. I lost some of what I had gained the summer prior and he wanted to only climb with others that were either at his level or better. I understand his point of view, but it kind of sucked to be blown off when there would have been many a weekend he would not have had a partner to climb with if it wasn't for me.

Oh well, it forced me to meet other climbers and now I climb with a variety of people and feel that I am better for it. :)

alexis_86

Jan 27, 2006, 4:36 PM
Post #4 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That sucks. Well, we can go climbing together some day. I suck but I promise not to let my ego get in the way. :)

bizarrodrinker

Jan 27, 2006, 8:10 PM
Post #5 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That guy is a total douchebag. I got my girlfriend into climbing mabye 6 months ago, and I would totally impressed if she surpasses my ability. In fact, it would drop dead sexy. Keep your head up, you'll meet someone better.

sg81hani

Jan 28, 2006, 1:57 PM
Post #6 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well it seems this ego issue happens to climbers every now n then. A guy climber buddy of mine was just complaining that her gf who just got into climbing always take it out on him when she's not having a gd climbing day. I was like what?? What's with the ego and sulkiness?? I wish everyone who climbs will pay attention to the beauty of the sport instead!
hmmph!
Hani

nola_angie

Jan 28, 2006, 4:08 PM
Post #7 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was teasing one of my younger climbing friends about him wanting a climber girl. I told him everyone wants one, until they meet the one who is better than them. I got such the typical boy response 'ummm....no. There'd be no relationship if she was better than me...it'd just be over'. Typical.

It takes guys a while, if they ever even get there, to be comfy with being 'shown up' by a girl. In the end, you'll realize you want to surround yourself with well adjusted secure people and this guy 'ain it. Yet. When you *do* find that partner, it's awesome. Even before Jim and I were serious about each other, I climbed with more skill than him. He was thrilled, and he admits he thought it was sexy as hell!!!

I'm sorry you got dumped. But you got dumped by some one who was not ready to be on your level, physically and mentally. Be patient.

legless

Jan 29, 2006, 2:07 AM
Post #8 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

not that many chicks that ive climbed with send in the v6 and up range (i know there are plenty of'em out there). but every once in a while, they're around and its damn impressive---and fun to climb with them.

ratherbe

Jan 29, 2006, 5:20 AM
Post #9 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
....What's with the ego and sulkiness?? I wish everyone who climbs will pay attention to the beauty of the sport instead!
hmmph!
Hani

Like so many things in life, it probably takes that one comment or action from someone to hit home that being sulky when doing something you supposedly love is just silly. Happened to me this past summer.... I would at times get sulky if I was having a bad climbing day. The last time that happened, my bf at the time responded to my childish comments by walking away from me which apparently was the right action for me to really think about what I was doing. Now, if I have a bad climbing day, I have a bad climbing day, but I don't get down on myself or cranky about it.

I remember that I enjoy climbing for climbing. Not for how my climbing compares to someone else. I'm sorry your climbing partner hasn't hit that realization.

As I said to a friend earlier today, climbing partnerships can be as difficult as life partnerships.

pink_chalk

Jan 30, 2006, 9:24 PM
Post #10 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
As I said to a friend earlier today, climbing partnerships can be as difficult as life partnerships.

very true...

sg81hani

Jan 31, 2006, 2:45 AM
Post #11 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well i'm still bumped out about the whole thing... It's hard to even get him to talk bout it or just to go out and do something else... It's sad cos i kinda feel neglected since he's been out with his own friends more often.
Wat's worse i've been sick for this past whole week and he didn't even come over to see how i am...I guess our relationship is souring at a pretty fast rate...so much so that it affects my own climbing... Hope this doesn't drag on further.... cos i intend to join a competition in march...
sighs,
Hani

lewisiarediviva

Jan 31, 2006, 3:23 AM
Post #12 of 12 (2004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, that totally sucks.

I was going to give you words of hopefull encouragement, untill you mentioned being sick (I hope you're feeling better). You obviously intend to push on and not let this ruin your life. You go girl!

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook