RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

nosedive

Sep 26, 2005, 12:37 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1201 views)
Shortcut

Phillipines - Puerto Galera
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I accidentally posted to the Partners forum - Oops - sorry

Anyways, my question is:

Anyone know if there's any climbing in Puerto Galera? Never been outdoors unfortunately (started about 6months ago and live in the Dubai, UAE), so if would be great if there's a shop/outfit that would provide instruction as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

marcsv

Jan 27, 2006, 3:00 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1201 views)
Shortcut

Re: Phillipines - Puerto Galera [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I accidentally posted to the Partners forum - Oops - sorry

Anyways, my question is:

Anyone know if there's any climbing in Puerto Galera? Never been outdoors unfortunately (started about 6months ago and live in the Dubai, UAE), so if would be great if there's a shop/outfit that would provide instruction as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Talk about late responses, sorry 'bout that, anyway...

if you're in puerto gallera and would like to climb while on the beach, go to white beach or tamaraw beach (tamaraw is right next to white beach). on the far left of tamaraw beach there are a few short routes there (low enough for boulder problems). And if memory serves me right, there's even a crack line you can play around with.

for the gears you can visit habagat in sm megamall and bombproof in robison's galleria (both in ortigas), just drop the names of the malls to any cab driver and you'll get there.

nosedive

Mar 8, 2006, 1:00 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1201 views)
Shortcut

Re: Phillipines - Puerto Galera [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Been there and back now. Decided not to add the hassle of trying to fit in time for climbing, but I did manage to do some basic bouldering in my trainers when I stumbled along white beach. Will definately give it a proper shot next time I'm out there.

For anyone who stumbles on this thread and might be interested. There's opportunities to hike Mt Halcon, which is something that I will attempt next time I'm out there.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook