RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

georgia_girl585

Mar 2, 2006, 2:03 PM
Post #1 of 8 (2072 views)
Shortcut

~beginners course~
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Okay so i'm taking a Beginners Rock Climbing and Rappelling Course in about a month up in Rocktown - Lost Wall - Pigeon Mountain, Georgia. Was wondering if anyone has climbed there or would wanna go.

I'm new at all this and tryin to get things started, found a gym up in columbia SC (Stronghold Athletic Club) its about an hour from where i live...

pumpkins

Mar 2, 2006, 2:50 PM
Post #2 of 8 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Re: ~beginners course~ [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rocktown's awsome for repelling, think theres one thats close to 350 maybe 400ft... two caves... and a ton of boulders, my advice would to just be to get out and climb as much as possible, im up there alot, and will probably be there for the first couple days of spring break, 13-17th as well as boone, just find some body with a pad and hit it...hope u have fun

georgia_girl585

Mar 2, 2006, 4:00 PM
Post #3 of 8 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey thanx...i don't know anyone who climbs out here...everyone i know is in colorado where i'm from so...

hillbillywannabe

Mar 2, 2006, 4:54 PM
Post #4 of 8 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i live like 20 minutes from the mountain. the lost wall has some easy routes to offer, it was the first place i ever went. i guess you could go rappelling at rocktown. but it seems to be a bouldering attraction mainly, not to many bolts there. so you would have to go back up and take down an anchor which wouldnt be that bad.

rockguide

Mar 2, 2006, 4:58 PM
Post #5 of 8 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Welcome to the sport! Have fun and keep learning.
8^)

pumpkins

Mar 2, 2006, 5:57 PM
Post #6 of 8 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what days are planning on going? I usually make a trip up there every two weeks, or if i have money every other week, i know the area pretty good, but im always finding new stuff, the valleys got a whole bunch of boulders and roofs that are pristene, no chalk or anything and hopefully they stay like that, i'd say go up there and explore then come back and climb, im usually out there in a grateful dead shirt, moccians, or a panic shirt- long haired kid, kinda hard to miss, and am usually alone, so if u ever see me or think its me just say Jake, id be glad to climb with anybody anytime up there- always nice having a spotter/someone to climb with

georgia_girl585

Mar 2, 2006, 6:01 PM
Post #7 of 8 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, i'm not sure yet...i have to finish up some things here in augusta first...it'll prolly be toward the end of the month or beginning of April. I found the course online at ga-adventures.com i've never been to the mountains here in Ga only out in Colorado so...i'll let ya know when i'm goin for sure if ya wanna go. I'm always up for meeting new people and it would help seeing how you know what your doing and i'm learning :) i'll get back with ya though about it if thats cool...

georgia_girl585

Mar 2, 2006, 6:05 PM
Post #8 of 8 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, i'm not sure yet...i have to finish up some things here in augusta first...it'll prolly be toward the end of the month or beginning of April. I found the course online at ga-adventures.com i've never been to the mountains here in Ga only out in Colorado so...i'll let ya know when i'm goin for sure if ya wanna go. I'm always up for meeting new people and it would help seeing how you know what your doing and i'm learning :) i'll get back with ya though about it if thats cool... :)

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook