RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

matt17

Apr 6, 2006, 7:21 PM
Post #1 of 6 (739 views)
Shortcut

camping aound vertical heartland
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

my friend and i are going to the rock school and were wonder is there any nearby cheap camping??

something like a park campground would be nice but itd be cool if it was easy to find my way from the camp ground to the meeting place

any one have an ideas??

the class is on friday and we want to stay around for some climbing areas can anyone reccommend any places to climb in the surrounding area??

landgolier

Apr 6, 2006, 7:38 PM
Post #2 of 6 (739 views)
Shortcut

Re: camping aound vertical heartland [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Other climbing and free camping at jackson falls. See the routes DB.

matt17

Apr 7, 2006, 3:33 AM
Post #3 of 6 (739 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ummmm... anything easier??

whats the place out of the 4 that has the easiest climbs that are non trad?

climbs that are under 5.9 would be sweet

thank you for the help

Partner phaedrus

Apr 7, 2006, 1:18 PM
Post #4 of 6 (739 views)
Shortcut

phaedrus moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

phaedrus moved this thread from General to Regional Discussions.

circello

Apr 7, 2006, 2:23 PM
Post #5 of 6 (739 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jackson is -probably- your best bet for easier routes. There are quite a few newer moderates that have gone up and are covered in the newest edition of the guidebook. That being said I haven't climbed at Draper's or Cedar in a long time and they may have had a corresponding number of moderate routes added. But by quantity of rock alone, Jackson should have the most.

Spleef Peak has 3 (maybe 4) 8's and 9's on it that are really nice well bolted routes. It can get crowded on the weekends however, and if those routes prove a little too easy you can always give Master Marley a try (10a). I'd also personally recommend Slugman (10a) and Brief Respite (5.8) Slugman is in a nasty wet dark corner, but if you can complete the first long reach or dyno the rest of the climbing is pretty moderate. I have ended almost every climbing trip by doing Brief Respite it's slabby and has a fantastic view from the top.

Hope all goes well

BC

circello

Apr 7, 2006, 2:24 PM
Post #6 of 6 (739 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jackson is -probably- your best bet for easier routes. There are quite a few newer moderates that have gone up and are covered in the newest edition of the guidebook. That being said I haven't climbed at Draper's or Cedar in a long time and they may have had a corresponding number of moderate routes added. But by quantity of rock alone, Jackson should have the most.

Spleef Peak has 3 (maybe 4) 8's and 9's on it that are really nice well bolted routes. It can get crowded on the weekends however, and if those routes prove a little too easy you can always give Master Marley a try (10a). I'd also personally recommend Slugman (10a) and Brief Respite (5.8) Slugman is in a nasty wet dark corner, but if you can complete the first long reach or dyno the rest of the climbing is pretty moderate. I have ended almost every climbing trip by doing Brief Respite it's slabby and has a fantastic view from the top.

Hope all goes well

BC

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook