reno

Jul 23, 2006, 12:57 AM
Post #26 of 35 (703 views)
Shortcut

Re: So much for the First Amendment! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Well, he is the most powerful man on the planet.

That does not make him the spokesman for a global religion. What part of that don't you get?

In reply to:
Maybe some more moderate Christian should take the office and show the world that not all Christians are bad.

By this logic, and that above, I can safely assume that Islam is a bad religion, because the most powerful man of the religion is a bad man?

Well, hell.... this could be fun:

Most powerful gym climber turns out to be a dick in real life? Hey, all those gym climbers must be dicks.

See how that argument fails?

In reply to:
On an earlier topic, I challenge any one of you to show me how religion is not a human construct.

Religion is nothing more than a self-directed means of obtaining a sense of purpose and answers to unknowns. It is formulated and altered by one's environment (you think the people of Saharan Africa ever pray to a "Snow God", for example?) and changes through time. This shouldn't be news to anyone that bothered to study the concept of religion (rather than a specific religion... Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc.)

leinosaur

Jul 23, 2006, 7:41 PM
Post #27 of 35 (703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My prob with Bush isn't that he's a Christian (in fact, from what I've learned of Jesus, Bush isn't much of one, i.e. he doesn't act very Christlike) -

However, he is a Christianist - puts what he calls Christianity above other religions and tries to impose what he claims are its tenets on others.

Just like Islamists - not so much following Mohammed, just using religious dogma to justify their end of a violent power-struggle.

Bush's scheme has been to use Christianist issues as a smoke-screen for firing back up the War Machine that's made his family so wealthy and powerful for so long. So effective, even W can become president!

Yea, Jesus!

Boo, Chrisianist War Machine!

pinktricam

Jul 23, 2006, 8:12 PM
Post #28 of 35 (703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
On an earlier topic, I challenge any one of you to show me how religion is not a human construct.
Read the book of Daniel, written hundreds (and in some cases thousands) of years before the events prophesied in it occured.

I have stated before and I'm sure I will again (and again), no other so-called "holy book" contains prophesises that have been fulfilled. None. The Bible is unique in that aspect and being so, deserves our complete attention.

petsfed

Jul 23, 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #29 of 35 (703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Read the book of Daniel, written hundreds (and in some cases thousands) of years before the events prophesied in it occured.

I have stated before and I'm sure I will again (and again), no other so-called "holy book" contains prophesises that have been fulfilled. None. The Bible is unique in that aspect and being so, deserves our complete attention.

And I keep telling you that if you look hard enough and wait long enough, every prophecy comes true. No matter how vague or how specific. They're like long-winded horoscopes. Its too big a world for it to be otherwise.

pinktricam

Jul 23, 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #30 of 35 (703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah...well, I wish you well come the Judgement. You're gonna feel pretty foolish with that excuse.

styndall

Jul 24, 2006, 6:40 AM
Post #31 of 35 (703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Wishful thinking yields fulfilled prophecies all over the place. It's a great big cross-cultural phenomenon.

collegekid

Jul 24, 2006, 8:25 PM
Post #32 of 35 (703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...maybe a few years just wasn't enough (compared to the eternity you'll have that is.)

Ahhhh, but though it grows short, there's still time left to reconsider and taking into that consideration the prophetic events we may still be be privy to witnessing, you may yet have a change of heart.

Let us drink to that!

You know what? I'm so fucking sick of bullshit like this. I just watched the movie "OutFoxed" yesterday, and it put me in a bad mood to know that people like PinkTricam are currently in charge of creating the apocalypse they love to warn us of, and people like Bill Oreilly have more say in the media than caring, peaceful individuals.

Just because YOUR RELIGION says that YOU ARE going to go to hell for your sins does not mean that I AM going to as well.

pinktricam

Jul 24, 2006, 8:31 PM
Post #33 of 35 (703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Just because YOUR RELIGION says that YOU ARE going to go to hell for your sins does not mean that I AM going to as well.
Hmm...this sounds a lot like "wishful thinking to me".

reno

Jul 24, 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #34 of 35 (703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You know what? I'm so f---ing sick of s--- like this. I just watched the movie "OutFoxed" yesterday, and it put me in a bad mood to know that people like PinkTricam are currently in charge of creating the apocalypse they love to warn us of, and people like Bill Oreilly have more say in the media than caring, peaceful individuals.

You done crying or do you need a tissue?

petsfed

Jul 29, 2006, 4:40 AM
Post #35 of 35 (703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yeah...well, I wish you well come the Judgement. You're gonna feel pretty foolish with that excuse.

That's my cross to bear, isn't it? How does it go? He'll humble the proud, bring the mighty to their knees? Or as the greeks put it, those whom the gods would destroy, they would first make proud?

Its a two way street pink, and you shouldn't be so smug about what you think to be true. I mean, if you're right, with that attitude, we might be sharing a cell for a while.

I may have painted my self into a spiritual corner, but I'm okay with that. Are you okay with the possibility of being wrong? Not confident that you aren't, but okay with the idea that maybe God hates people like you? If you aren't, you certainly can't understand why I am okay with that idea.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook