Forums: Climbing Information: Injury Treatment and Prevention:
granite_grrl fell @ mt nemo (sun july 23) please read
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 Next page Last page  View All

deschamps1000

Jul 27, 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #176 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Re: granite_grrl fell @ mt nemo (sun july 23) please read [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Rebecca,

We have never met or communicated, but my prayers are with you.

Eric

Partner j_ung

Jul 28, 2006, 2:51 AM
Post #177 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Rebbecca, here's a picture of a purple thing of some sort. Hope it helps! :D

http://www.myhouseweb.org/images/purple_thing.jpg

chossmonkey

Jul 28, 2006, 3:24 AM
Post #178 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you to everyone for all the support. Especially Brent, Alison, and Kelly. Thanks Jay for the purple what ever the F that is. :lol:

the_iceman

Jul 28, 2006, 4:56 AM
Post #179 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, I saw this kinda late, I don't usually look at the accidents forum very often. Sounds like she's going to be okay. I don't know her, but she'll be in my prayers.

--Give 'em hell, and get well soon Rebecca!

fixednut

Jul 28, 2006, 5:37 AM
Post #180 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know Rebecca, but I am very sad that this has happened. It is good to hear that she is recovering. A person so strong can give hope to us all, even in the worst situations.

Best wishes

crimperqueen

Jul 28, 2006, 1:37 PM
Post #181 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just another post from Cara and Family on the climbeasterncanada.com forum!

We are thinking of you lots and pulling for you!!! We are in Hamilton today and will drop something off at the hospital for you!!

I hope my baby girl grows to be as strong and positive as you!!! We can't wait to see you well again !!!!

Love Cara, Fred and Marie-France

Partner cracklover

Jul 28, 2006, 3:22 PM
Post #182 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We've never met, but my thoughts go out to you, Rebecca. I hope you heal fully in body and mind, as quickly as you're able.

And my thoughts go out, too, to all those involved - her family and friends, her climbing partners, fukencanadian...

And praise to her doctors, too - sounds like things are going well, all things considered. Very gratifying to hear!

GO

michelle15

Jul 28, 2006, 5:01 PM
Post #183 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, I'm Michelle and I'm 15. I've been trying to find out how Rebecca is for a while and it's really nice to hear that she's getting better. My friend and his mom and I happened to have been at Mount Nemo when it happened. We decided to stop for a snack, then we heard the fall. I don't think I have heard something so scary. After that, we started to get into action. Everything seemed to take forever. But once the police,and others got to the site the storm started to come in so we had to leave. I don't think I'll ever forget that day. It's really great to hear Rebecca is recovering and I wish her the best.

Michelle

granitegod

Jul 28, 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #184 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

from Granite God to Granite-grl.... best wishes for speedy recovery!!!

dutyje

Jul 28, 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #185 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
from Granite God to Granite-grl.... best wishes for speedy recovery!!!

Your experiences teach us all that life is precious, and not something to be taken for granite.

jdouble

Jul 29, 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #186 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Best wishes granite_grrl. See you back here soon!

holdeddie

Jul 29, 2006, 2:44 AM
Post #187 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have never met granite_grrl. But, my BEST wishes go out to you and your family. Good Luck.

Wow, this is pretty amazing to see so much support for someone who some people dont even know.......very cool

Speedy Recovery!!!
:D

timstich

Jul 29, 2006, 3:41 AM
Post #188 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Very glad to hear that Rebecca is doing better. Keep us updated when you can. More good vibes being sent...zzzzzzzz

mountainmiss

Jul 30, 2006, 2:15 AM
Post #189 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rebecca -

We've not met, but I know of you and have always enjoyed reading your posts. You have my respect, compassion and mighty wishes for a full and timely recovery.

May you feel the love, may it continuously renew your strength.

You can do this girl. I know you can.

Best to you and all who know and love you,

Lisa Boose

the_iceman

Jul 30, 2006, 2:32 AM
Post #190 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Any update on her situation?

Partner brent_e

Jul 30, 2006, 2:41 PM
Post #191 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi, I'm Michelle and I'm 15. I've been trying to find out how Rebecca is for a while and it's really nice to hear that she's getting better. My friend and his mom and I happened to have been at Mount Nemo when it happened. We decided to stop for a snack, then we heard the fall. I don't think I have heard something so scary. After that, we started to get into action. Everything seemed to take forever. But once the police,and others got to the site the storm started to come in so we had to leave. I don't think I'll ever forget that day. It's really great to hear Rebecca is recovering and I wish her the best.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,
I don't know if you'll come back to read this, but it was a fantastic thing that you did. Thank you for acting and taking care of things in this situation. Having someone on top that acted quickly I'm certain saved Rebecca from a lot of pain or worse.

Thank you.

Brent

Partner brent_e

Jul 30, 2006, 2:44 PM
Post #192 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I was talking with Nate yesterday but haven't got int see Rebecca for a few days. Nate says that the doctors have taken her off of oxygen and they have taken the tube out of her right side (I believe it was draining her lung). I will give some more information when I can. I'll see her soon. Nate, maybe you can take a few minutes if you pop on here to do a better job than I.

Thanks everyone.

Brent

deltav

Jul 30, 2006, 2:52 PM
Post #193 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't her, but my thoughts and prayers are with her, family and friends.

bolojm

Jul 30, 2006, 2:57 PM
Post #194 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Your experiences teach us all that life is precious, and not something to be taken for granite.

C'mon now, that's not very gneiss! :D

the_iceman

Jul 30, 2006, 2:59 PM
Post #195 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I was talking with Nate yesterday but haven't got int see Rebecca for a few days. Nate says that the doctors have taken her off of oxygen and they have taken the tube out of her right side (I believe it was draining her lung). I will give some more information when I can. I'll see her soon. Nate, maybe you can take a few minutes if you pop on here to do a better job than I.

Thanks everyone.

Brent

I hate to think how many tubes she's probably got running into her right now, but any time they can take one out, I'd say its great news!

teth

Jul 31, 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #196 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

While I completely agree that the details of the accident are something best left for Rebecca to address or not, when she feels up to spending time on a computer again, I would love to hear more regarding the exploits of those involved in the rescue. Who assisted with the rescue? How did they get Rebecca down? How did Michelle help? These were heroic exploits (or at least level headed thinking) that likely saved Rebecca’s life. I would like to hear what was done, what challenges were encountered, and how those challenges were overcome to get Rebecca out safely?

Teth

the_iceman

Jul 31, 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #197 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
While I completely agree that the details of the accident are something best left for Rebecca to address or not, when she feels up to spending time on a computer again, I would love to hear more regarding the exploits of those involved in the rescue. Who assisted with the rescue? How did they get Rebecca down? How did Michelle help? These were heroic exploits (or at least level headed thinking) that likely saved Rebecca’s life. I would like to hear what was done, what challenges were encountered, and how those challenges were overcome to get Rebecca out safely?

Teth

I was kinda having the same feelings. Especially after Michelle15 came on and said "we started to get into action" but then didn't say what, if any, action was going on. Michelle is probably just being modest and trying not to toot her own horn. But I still would like to know what was going on to help get Rebecca out of there alive.

P.S. Aren't cell phones the greatest thing since satellite radio?

michelle15

Jul 31, 2006, 4:48 PM
Post #198 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey,

Well, I wasn't sure how much I should have said on the subject. We were hiking and decided to stop and eat. My friend's mom, my friend, Brandon and I heard the fall and we went to the side of the cliff and asked if everyone was OK. When this rock climber started yelling for help, he needed an ambulance and asked someone to come down to help. Well, we knew we couldn't get down there because it could have been dangerous. My friend's mom instructed me and my friend to get back to the conservation area and tell the people there while she phoned 911. Me and Brandon ran until we found a group of hikers. We told them about what happened and 3 of them had cell phones. We began running again for about 10 minutes until we reached the conservation area.

While we were gone, Brandon's mom attempted to phone 911 but her cellphone wouldn't work, then she tried again 5 minutes later and got through. The group of hikers then met up with her and one of them was on the phone with 911 too so Brandon's mother got of the phone. The hiker told Brandon's mother what to say and she began talking to the fallen climber, telling her not to move. I don't know too much about what happened at this point because i was running but I was filled in a little. The hiker who called 911 began running back to the conservation area.

Brandon and I reached the conservation area just as the ambulance and police showed up. We talked to one person and wondered if we should start getting back, but then we were asked a few more questions.Then a firetruck showed up.We got in the police car when the hiker showed up telling the police that he had phoned 911. He got in and we drove as far as possible then got out and led them to the accident site. Once we were there we grabbed our stuff and went off to the side. We started talking with Brandon's mom and found out the fallen climber's name was Rebecca. We waited and then someone got a few details from Brandon's mother and we started to hear the storm coming in, so we had to leave.

It was definitely not what we expected that day, but I'm really glad someone was hungry. Unfortunately I didn't find out what that hikers name was though. I do not know why she fell or how far. We were just glad we could help and i wanted to find out how Rebecca was doing because my friend's mother said it looked pretty bad. So all the best to Rebecca I hope she'll make a full recovery.

Michelle

climbindrummer

Jul 31, 2006, 5:00 PM
Post #199 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

michelle15

So as a climber I'm definitly a n00b. As a paramedic, flight medic, and respiratory therapist, however, I am most certainly not. I just wanted to say thank you for doing everything you did to help Rebecca. I don't know Rebecca at all outside of reading her posts, but I do know that getting help to an accident site can be extremely frustrating and difficult. You may not think you did much (for some reason people get hung up on the idea that unless they're doing something dangerous or highly technical they're not doing anything) but you made it possible for the rescuers to get to her with the least delay possible. I have responded to hunting accidents where it took HOURS from the time of the accident until we could get to the patient that could have been avoided if someone had simply been there to meet the ambulance and show us the way.

So thanks. :D

Jason

ltj16hb

Jul 31, 2006, 5:49 PM
Post #200 of 354 (74162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i send my thoughts to the victim and friends/family...... get better!!!!

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook