RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

aggiejon

Aug 29, 2006, 2:20 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1015 views)
Shortcut

Wanna climb around San Antonio?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey I'm new to San Antonio, just moved from College Station this weekend, away from my usual climbing partner. I'm looking for ANYONE to climb with here! I'm never busy becuase I know nobody in this city.

I have sport trad gear, but I will boulder if it is close. (I don't own a pad). I boulder around V3, sport around 5.10 and new to trad so about 5.7 for now.

I am particularly interested in bouldering weekdays after work. I work at Southwest Research (culebra/410) and live around culebra/1604

Don't worry if you're not very good, or even a beginner, just as long as you have a good attitude

So wanna climb? send me PM

musicman1586

Aug 29, 2006, 3:57 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1015 views)
Shortcut

Re: Wanna climb around San Antonio? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

San Antonio is pretty devoid of climbing, as a general statement. Red Bluff is about the only really good, and legal, climbing around. Otherwise it's a drive to Reimer's or Enchanted Rock, which aren't very long, but you still can't just jump in your car and go anytime.
Good luck finding partners, there's alot of climbers in San Antonio, but their sort of hard to find,
Kyle

aggiejon

Sep 4, 2006, 3:51 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyone there?

So would anyone like to go to red bluff sometime, anyone intested? Its north of SA, maybe about a 45 minute drive for me. Seriously, anyone, don't be shy!

Seriously, I'm bored as hell out here.
-Jon

kyledodgeballs

Sep 11, 2006, 5:28 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey jon, I'd be down going to climb anywhere around the San Antonio area or AUstin. I sent you a PM, now respond!

Kyle

westtexasrocker

Sep 16, 2006, 7:03 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't live in San Antonio, but do have family there and come to town fairly regularly. I've bouldered at E-rock a couple times and plan on going there again soon as I need to go to S.A. to pick something up in the next couple weeks. If your interested you can climb with me and probably a couple of my climbing buddies from here in San Angelo that will most likely come with me. We are also planning a big bouldering/TR trip to Point of Rocks in Ft. Davis in the middle of February which you are totally welcome to tag along on as well.

Rob
Concho Valley Climbers Assoc.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook