RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

kansasclimber

Nov 7, 2006, 6:40 PM
Post #1 of 8 (858 views)
Shortcut

Hcr Bouldering...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I was there this past weekend and I was wondering about how hard some of the stuff was down there, some of it i did, some of it i didnt...

First off in the idahos i believe, there is a overhung boulder, just before you go through a slot to reah golden palimino, and another slab problem... its on your left, before the slot... name, and grade???

Also I heard this problem was called moon di??? Its on a large overhung boulder by the confederate cracks, 2 holds, crap feet, go up to another sidepull, then trow to the lip, AWESOME problem, whats the grade?

Also I was wondering what hackberry crack was rated?? I have heard everything from 5.10-5.8..... I dunno! Anyways thanks if you can help!! Also I hear that Fred Nicole is there right now! Sweet!

Stephen

dsnydes

Nov 7, 2006, 8:16 PM
Post #2 of 8 (858 views)
Shortcut

Re: Hcr Bouldering... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think moon di (sp?) is v8 or 9. Cant remeber for sure.
I think if you face that boulder from right to left you have Chuck wagon v4/5 on the right then a v8 then another v8 called kung fu, then moon di v9 then something harder on the far left. Everything else you mentioned I dont know.

Nov 8, 2006, 2:51 PM
Post #3 of 8 (858 views)
Shortcut

Re: Hcr Bouldering... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My girlfriend and I were at HCR two weekends ago and met three French people while climbing. My honest first thought was, "Hey, some people drove up here from Louisianna!" One of them, the only guy in the group, she swore was Fred Nicole. I told her he looked more like Steven Wright (80's comedien) and that -to me atleast- he looked a little flabby for a climber. At any rate, they were nice, had a cool dog and took a lot of time taking pictures and enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery.

I thought nothing more of it until we got back and another friend of ours was telling a story about meeting Fred at Area 74 a day earlier. I guess he's there working on Witness the Fitness (with permission from the land owner) or something. So, if the person we met briefly was in fact Fred Nicole, I have to say he seemed like a pretty normal guy.

rockscars

Nov 17, 2006, 2:33 AM
Post #4 of 8 (702 views)
Shortcut

Re: [karma] Hcr Bouldering... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Witness the fitness isn't in area 74, it is in a hollow near hcr. 74 is around kingston I believe.

dan4183

Dec 21, 2006, 6:03 AM
Post #5 of 8 (636 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kansasclimber] Hcr Bouldering... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The first problem you mention is, i believe, a 5 but i dont think it has a name. Moon Dye is 9 from the sit, you described the stand start which in my opinion is probably 5 or 6.

imaboulderchic

Dec 21, 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #6 of 8 (628 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kansasclimber] Hcr Bouldering... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

First of all, BUY A GUIDEBOOK!!!Crazy
Next,the boulder prob on the way to GP is called
War Bonnet-- V5.
Then, Moon Dye boulder has many probs on it and if you did in fact do Moon Dye it is rated V9.
Finally, Hackberry crack is a 5.9-

dan4183

Dec 24, 2006, 12:52 AM
Post #7 of 8 (610 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imaboulderchic] Hcr Bouldering... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

boulderchic-
just saw the new guide book online. looks good. i am still rocking the old school printed out one which doesnt list any probs in the Idahos. Does the new one cover more bouldering than the original?

imaboulderchic

Dec 25, 2006, 8:41 PM
Post #8 of 8 (586 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dan4183] Hcr Bouldering... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes it does!!SmileIt has all the crucial boulders listed, mapped, and rated. (e.g. Idaho boulders, Moon Dye, etc.) Also, there is another guide book coming out that is strictly bouldering for HCR. Not sure how long it is until it makes its debut.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook