First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

zozo

Feb 1, 2007, 6:46 PM
Post #1 of 32 (2315 views)
Shortcut

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Report this Post
Can't Post

What an incredible example of these times.

Partner macherry

Feb 1, 2007, 7:25 PM
Post #2 of 32 (2297 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zozo] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bloody terrorists

shimanilami

Feb 1, 2007, 9:03 PM
Post #3 of 32 (2262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shouldn't Boston be suing the jackass who first reported "bomb threat"? Isn't that like screaming "fire" in a theatre when there is none?

jonqdoe

Feb 1, 2007, 10:41 PM
Post #4 of 32 (2245 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Check out the "press conference" from the guys responsible in Boston. It's hilarious.

http://wbztv.com/...8369@wbz.dayport.com

zozo

Feb 1, 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #5 of 32 (2238 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jonqdoe] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Whatever you do dont leave your etch-a-scetch lying around or you might end up in guantonomo bay.

Partner tattooed_climber

Feb 2, 2007, 2:13 AM
Post #6 of 32 (2203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bhahahahahhahahahahaha

jonqdoe , THANKS FOR THAT DUDE

there was a news report done up here on it, and they showed some clips from that "press conference"......"sorry, that wasnt a hair question"

fuckin eh! that was awesome!.......

overlord

Feb 2, 2007, 9:26 AM
Post #7 of 32 (2173 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tattooed_climber] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the funniest thing about it is... the officals are blaming the company for their own stupidity.

no, they werent wrong. it was just the commercial that looked like a bomb. they had to blast it. damn those innovative marketing ppl. lets press charges, maybe well look a bit less silly.

Partner tradman

Feb 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #8 of 32 (2170 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow.

Panicking at the sight of some flashing lights. That's a new low in the american public's already abysmal track record when it comes to courage and common sense.

kyote321

Feb 2, 2007, 1:17 PM
Post #9 of 32 (2160 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tradman] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

consider who our fearless leader is. follow by example.

styndall

Feb 2, 2007, 1:56 PM
Post #10 of 32 (2150 views)
Shortcut

Re: [overlord] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

overlord wrote:
the funniest thing about it is... the officals are blaming the company for their own stupidity.

no, they werent wrong. it was just the commercial that looked like a bomb. they had to blast it. damn those innovative marketing ppl. lets press charges, maybe well look a bit less silly.

Oh, no! It's a bomb in the shape of a little cartoon man!

wanderlustmd

Feb 2, 2007, 2:27 PM
Post #11 of 32 (2139 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tradman wrote:
Wow.

Panicking at the sight of some flashing lights. That's a new low in the american public's already abysmal track record when it comes to courage and common sense.

Yeah because patroling Iraq takes no courage at all. And those police, man! Keeping everyone safe? Who the fuck needs 'em!

Regardless of what you think of of our foriegn policy, that is a direct insult to the troops, police, and everyone else doing dangerous jobs. Wideguy had a great response to the "overreaction" in another thread. You can see how it happened.

I'd rather have a little overcaution than hearing the police say "Yeah, we really should have investigated things a little further. Too bad 3000 more people are dead."

sgauss

Feb 2, 2007, 2:28 PM
Post #12 of 32 (2137 views)
Shortcut

Re: [styndall] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Al Qaeda is taunting us with cartoons!

Partner tradman

Feb 2, 2007, 2:32 PM
Post #13 of 32 (2131 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah because patroling Iraq takes no courage at all. And those police, man! Keeping everyone safe? Who the fuck needs 'em!

In reply to:
Regardless of what you think of of our foriegn policy, that is a direct insult to the troops, police, and everyone else doing dangerous jobs. Wideguy had a great response to the "overreaction" in another thread. You can see how it happened.

I'd rather have a little overcaution than hearing the police say "Yeah, we really should have investigated things a little further. Too bad 3000 more people are dead."

Ha! Ha! Ha!

"You don't support the troops!"

Isn't that one a little bit old by now?

Here's a news flash: people who shit their pants and shut down an entire city because they think a cartoon ad is a bomb don't know anything about bombs, 'kay? They're not going to catch any terrorists because they don't know anything about them.

zozo

Feb 2, 2007, 3:21 PM
Post #14 of 32 (2114 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well all I know is that Im safe, I just built a lego bunker, cuz I hear al queda is planning on invading the east coast with GI Joes.

dingus

Feb 2, 2007, 3:23 PM
Post #15 of 32 (2110 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tradman wrote:
Wow.

I know. The mayor wanted some tube cop to shoot them on the spot but she refused. The shame... the shame.

DMT

wanderlustmd

Feb 2, 2007, 3:58 PM
Post #16 of 32 (2094 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tradman wrote:

In reply to:

Ha! Ha! Ha!

"You don't support the troops!"

Isn't that one a little bit old by now?

Here's a news flash: people who shit their pants and shut down an entire city because they think a cartoon ad is a bomb don't know anything about bombs, 'kay? They're not going to catch any terrorists because they don't know anything about them.

Considering you can make a bomb in a zillion different ways and there probably a zillion more that haven't even been thought up yet, you can see why they took it seriously........." 'kay?" Not everyone watches stoner cartoons. The advertising company should have informed them beforehand of what they were doing, but since they didn't and it was a highly populated area, people took it seriously. Too seriously in hindsight? Yes. But I'd rather have that than not serious enough. Especially in a urban area like Beantown.

fancyclaps

Feb 2, 2007, 5:09 PM
Post #17 of 32 (2077 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I will point out something that no one has mentioned yet. The signs were up for THREE WEEKS. If it took that long for our vigilant government to respond then we are all fuxed.

Look, I dont care if they freaked out and shut down Boston because they thought it was a bomb. That was pretty funny. But if they seriously want to press criminal charges against these guys, that is just idiotic. Why cant they admit that they made a stupid mistake? Why is it that every other city that had them didn't freak out, called Cartoon Network and got the locations of the signs and took them down?

And for the record, pointing out that our government does something stupid does not mean that someone hates police and cops. Our government is filled with human beings who make stupid mistakes. Just because someone has a badge and a gun does not make them some sort of saint. Yes, I appreciate what the police do, but that does not mean that everything they do is intelligent or morally correct.

sgauss

Feb 2, 2007, 6:37 PM
Post #18 of 32 (2050 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fancyclaps] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

<sarcasm>Oh fancyclaps, Why do you hate America?</sarcasm>

shimanilami

Feb 2, 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #19 of 32 (2020 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fancyclaps] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And I will point out another overlooked tidbit. Boston was one a dozen (?) cities where they planted the signs. Officials in those cities have been quietly removing the signs for the last three weeks. None of them thought they were bombs.

The officials in Boston made fools of themselves and are trying to scapegoat these kids. Good luck with that!

sgauss

Feb 3, 2007, 9:26 PM
Post #20 of 32 (2000 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reno

Feb 3, 2007, 9:36 PM
Post #21 of 32 (1998 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tradman wrote:
Here's a news flash: people who shit their pants and shut down an entire city because they think a cartoon ad is a bomb don't know anything about bombs, 'kay?

Mister Terrorism Expert:

Which one is the pipe bomb, and which one is the benign exhaust pipe?

scrapedape

Feb 3, 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #22 of 32 (1992 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm no terrorist, but if I were, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't put a giant fucking cartoon made out of blinking lights on the side of my bomb.

And thank you, reno, for the completely irrelevant post. Always appreciate the melodrama, I do.

reno

Feb 3, 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #23 of 32 (1983 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scrapedape] Aqua Teen Hunger Force [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scrapedape wrote:
And thank you, reno, for the completely irrelevant post. Always appreciate the melodrama, I do.

Missed the whole point, didn't ya?

chalkfree

Feb 4, 2007, 2:40 AM
Post #24 of 32 (1977 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The whole point is that somebody did something stupid, and in the process they shut Boston down.

As to Reno's wonderful example I'd like to point out that whichever of those is a bomb is not a flashing sign that's been around for three weeks. Seriously.

"It had all the componants of an IED except the explosive." Yup, so does the computer you're reading this on, the camera that the idiot quoted was speaking into, and the microphone he was holding. EVERYONE PANIC!!!!1111

Shit anything with a battery, a switch, and a couple wires could be made into an IED if you added some explosives. That little beepy thing on your keys for example, even the ipod in your pocket. It's all the same in the end, why don't we call the Bomb Squad when somebody leaves their car parked in the handcapped spot? I mean it could be a bomb!!

zozo

Feb 5, 2007, 4:19 PM
Post #25 of 32 (1941 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
scrapedape wrote:

Missed the whole point, didn't ya?

Hey Reno,

Which is the pipe bomb and which is a lite brite?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook