Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dbrown000

Mar 1, 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #26 of 45 (1963 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chainsaw] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So, I'm in the grocery store, waiting in the checkout line. I (along with many other people i see) am unexplainably drawn to the trash f-ing tabloids while waiting to pay for my food. So today I see " Shocking Suicide Drama!" or something like that on the cover and the big photo on the front was Jason Kehl... or so I thought. Turns out it was just Britany Spears after a melt down, same haircut as jason sports in some videos ive seen. this got me thinking, and i seem to remember seeing footage of jason at some karaoke party singing "hit me baby one more time". connections? i don't know. maybe im just making all this up..

chainsaw

Mar 1, 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #27 of 45 (1948 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dbrown000] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If Kehl and Brittney had a baby together would it be born with a shao lin skullet?

jakedatc

Mar 2, 2007, 6:25 AM
Post #28 of 45 (1908 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Proto wrote:
kehl is beat...the dude is 30. His biggest achievement is evilution!!! v12, uhhh climb four more grades then well talk about jason being bad.
Evilution *ONLY* v12? Dude Sharma BAILED off that.. was too much of a pansy to top that shit out.

Do you like Tommy C better cuz he's a nice clean cut boy who doesn't climb as hard as most of the top guys right now? And on video is as exciting to listen to as a creaking door? But i bet in person he's a pretty cool guy(or not and he's fooling everyone)

so he likes to be strange.. who cares.. sharma is a stoned out hippy that's like whoaaaaaaa rock climbing is so special all the time.. Jason's persona is far more interesting.

video not bad.. the narrating wasn't too good though. He has alot better video out there..

Proto

Mar 2, 2007, 5:24 PM
Post #29 of 45 (1873 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Proto wrote:
kehl is beat...the dude is 30. His biggest achievement is evilution!!! v12, uhhh climb four more grades then well talk about jason being bad.
Evilution *ONLY* v12? Dude Sharma BAILED off that.. was too much of a pansy to top that shit out.

Do you like Tommy C better cuz he's a nice clean cut boy who doesn't climb as hard as most of the top guys right now? And on video is as exciting to listen to as a creaking door? But i bet in person he's a pretty cool guy(or not and he's fooling everyone)

so he likes to be strange.. who cares.. sharma is a stoned out hippy that's like whoaaaaaaa rock climbing is so special all the time.. Jason's persona is far more interesting.

video not bad.. the narrating wasn't too good though. He has alot better video out there..

I am not saying kehl sucks cause i like caldwell. All pro climbers are lame. Climbing is not about sponsorship or image. Fuck image, who cares what statement your making while climbing. Climb to climb.

chainsaw

Mar 2, 2007, 9:25 PM
Post #30 of 45 (1845 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Trust me, sponsored climbers climb because they love it, not for the money. Only the top couple of climbers in this country actually make enough to support themselves. Most of them would be doing it even if they weren't sponsored because they love it. To say you think all sponsored climbers are lame is pretty juvenile. Don't let your jealousy dictate your feelings towards people you don't even know.

roflcakes

Mar 2, 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #31 of 45 (1817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think this forum took a bad direction, I am pretty sure I like Jason Kehl because of his relentless pursuit of topping out bad ass climbs. Not because he looks like a twisted gothic indian. Or who his sponsors are, i am motivated by people, who give it their best, I am not concerned with the image. " I don't have prana clothes, I dont wear climbing competition shirts everywhere I go, I don't take my shoes off after every send" I of course, do like a person who, does not care about going pro, he just IS pro, he is old, and don't care, he just climbed for years. You think the verm is going to quit climbing. FUCK NO. John Gill wont until he dies. This underlying tone of, I think i know what you think, is stoopid. I like to climb, and want to get better. I think Kehl is waaaaaaay sick, and he is badder than i might ever get. The Fly was sick as hell. I am sure, Kehl is not even close to bieng done climbing, even Fred Rouhling after all the world bashes him for his "manufactured climb" still tears it up, (besides all the sandbagging he does-LOL) he at least has the desire to get better. If you are focused on going pro in two or three years, then you could probably shove a lump of coal in your ass and take a diamond out of it, cuz it makes a person up tight. But, dont pretent to be above everyone else because you think you can be. I know i am an underachieving college student, BUT I didn't take a pansy ass major. Get off your shit stand Proto.

miavzero

Mar 3, 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #32 of 45 (1813 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roflcakes] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

roflcakes wrote:
I think this forum took a bad direction, I am pretty sure I like Jason Kehl because of his relentless pursuit of topping out bad ass climbs. Not because he looks like a twisted gothic indian. Or who his sponsors are, i am motivated by people, who give it their best, I am not concerned with the image. " I don't have prana clothes, I dont wear climbing competition shirts everywhere I go, I don't take my shoes off after every send" I of course, do like a person who, does not care about going pro, he just IS pro, he is old, and don't care, he just climbed for years. You think the verm is going to quit climbing. FUCK NO. John Gill wont until he dies. This underlying tone of, I think i know what you think, is stoopid. I like to climb, and want to get better. I think Kehl is waaaaaaay sick, and he is badder than i might ever get. The Fly was sick as hell. I am sure, Kehl is not even close to bieng done climbing, even Fred Rouhling after all the world bashes him for his "manufactured climb" still tears it up, (besides all the sandbagging he does-LOL) he at least has the desire to get better. If you are focused on going pro in two or three years, then you could probably shove a lump of coal in your ass and take a diamond out of it, cuz it makes a person up tight. But, dont pretent to be above everyone else because you think you can be. I know i am an underachieving college student, BUT I didn't take a pansy ass major. Get off your shit stand Proto.
English major?
Law Student?
Rhetorical Logic?

(This post was edited by miavzero on Mar 3, 2007, 12:22 AM)

bvb

Mar 3, 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #33 of 45 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Re: [miavzero] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

here: lemme settle this little tiff for you n00bs:

pro-kehl: gargle his ballz. he'll love it.

anti-kehl: write hate mail to the people he gets free shoes from, uh, i mean his "sponsors".

the other 99.9% of us will continue to NOT wonder who he is and WILL wonder wtf you idiots are talking about.

there. all fixed. m'kay?

p.s.: for those of you who are concerned with him being so sick, why not pool your resources and get him some flowers and a card?

(This post was edited by bvb on Mar 3, 2007, 12:48 AM)

sidepull

Mar 3, 2007, 1:03 AM
Post #34 of 45 (1788 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bvb] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bob, I thought kehl was your son? It's like the opposite of darth and luke. Or maybe he's Burt Bronson's kid - what with the sickness and illness and all.

bvb

Mar 3, 2007, 2:27 AM
Post #35 of 45 (1767 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sidepull] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you may be onto something there, sidepull -- i mean, with the odd baldness and all -- i'm thinking -- maybe he's in chemo??

nooyoozer

Mar 3, 2007, 2:48 AM
Post #36 of 45 (1756 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

blah... pro climber gossip is so wack.

twaikker

Mar 5, 2007, 9:08 PM
Post #37 of 45 (1649 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nooyoozer] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kehl is sick because he sold his soul to the devil to be the greatest boulderer of all time. i dont think i would ever sell my soul, but i think kehl might have the best idea yet. rockstars have it way beat. they will die and live in hell, all from a drug overdose....kehl will join his master after years of pulling hard shit, and then succoming to a 35ft fall off of a dyno to a sloper topout.

not only will it never get a FA, his death will be on video for all to see. the landing will be jagged rocks that leave him in peices. he will become the "Pre" of the climbing scene. it will be so badass....that is why kehl is sick, he knows whats going to happen and he aint trying to avoid his fate.

i will make the first t-shirt...a picture of kehls face and below it "SICK" and thats it, it will sell like hotcakes for sure

roflcakes

Mar 23, 2007, 3:33 PM
Post #38 of 45 (1506 views)
Shortcut

Re: [twaikker] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

LOL, sounds like you sold your soul too

bernard

Mar 23, 2007, 4:24 PM
Post #39 of 45 (1486 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow...........

??

.....get some lives

roflcakes

Mar 27, 2007, 7:48 PM
Post #40 of 45 (1448 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bernard] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bernard.......dood, you need to get a life, because, you dont truly understand the concept behind bieng a pro....go pull plastic you wanker...."bows to Kehl" ....leaves room

bernard

Mar 27, 2007, 9:42 PM
Post #41 of 45 (1426 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

....no, but i understand the concept of correct spelling

themadmilkman

Mar 28, 2007, 1:29 AM
Post #42 of 45 (1405 views)
Shortcut

Re: [miavzero] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

miavzero wrote:
roflcakes wrote:
English major?
Law Student?
Rhetorical Logic?

Other: Emo kid who believes the only people who understand him are his "friends" on mySpace.

Proto

Mar 28, 2007, 4:11 PM
Post #43 of 45 (1377 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bernard] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bernard wrote:
....no, but i understand the concept of correct spelling

can you spell "Kehl sucks at climbing?"
i sure hope so.

capibara

Mar 28, 2007, 5:10 PM
Post #44 of 45 (1364 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kehl, interesting fellow. In my opinion very inteligent. He has made some daring climbs and has created an image for himself to pay the bills and the trips, i have no problem with that. Im more impresed of his ability to self promote than the climbng itself. although you have to respect the ascent on The Fly and Evilution

billcoe_

Mar 28, 2007, 7:17 PM
Post #45 of 45 (1347 views)
Shortcut

Re: [capibara] Why is Kehl so sick? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn't read anyones posts, just want to put out some positive vibs and say that I hope he feels better.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook