Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

goodman

Jul 10, 2007, 2:27 PM
Post #26 of 39 (3929 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dbrayack] I want to pull fixed draws at NRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

D -
PLease let me.. I need some new draws!

Partner j_ung

Jul 10, 2007, 2:30 PM
Post #27 of 39 (3922 views)
Shortcut

Re: [goodman] I want to pull fixed draws at NRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, Pat, I got your message. I'm definitely into getting some river time with you cats. And yes! That's our key!

knieveltech

Jul 10, 2007, 2:44 PM
Post #28 of 39 (3910 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curator] I want to pull fixed draws at NRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curator wrote:
I think it's obvious at this point that whoever is responsible for these horrible "fixed draws" is also the same guy that chops bolts at junkyard. He's probably the same guy that glued a line of bolt hangers (complete with fake studs and nuts) up easily flakey at bridge buttress. Who is this guy? It must be Jim Taylor. He gets blamed for everything else around here, why not this too. I don't know about you guys but I'm not going climbing in the gorge until all this is resolved. And hey Cinnamon Johnson, if that's even you're real name. I agree with Limeydave. If you can get those draws down North Carolina style "from the ground up" then you can have 'em.

Shocked

Someone glued a line of fake hangers?? *boggle* Hopefully there where no injuries...

dbrayack

Jul 10, 2007, 2:45 PM
Post #29 of 39 (3907 views)
Shortcut

Re: [goodman] I want to pull fixed draws at NRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We should have a contest..who can stick clip their way up a route the fastest...time it, give away prizes (like fixed gear)

andrewd

Jul 10, 2007, 3:58 PM
Post #30 of 39 (3870 views)
Shortcut

Re: [knieveltech] I want to pull fixed draws at NRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
curator wrote:
I think it's obvious at this point that whoever is responsible for these horrible "fixed draws" is also the same guy that chops bolts at junkyard. He's probably the same guy that glued a line of bolt hangers (complete with fake studs and nuts) up easily flakey at bridge buttress. Who is this guy? It must be Jim Taylor. He gets blamed for everything else around here, why not this too. I don't know about you guys but I'm not going climbing in the gorge until all this is resolved. And hey Cinnamon Johnson, if that's even you're real name. I agree with Limeydave. If you can get those draws down North Carolina style "from the ground up" then you can have 'em.

Shocked

Someone glued a line of fake hangers?? *boggle* Hopefully there where no injuries...

TYeah I was wondering about the glued bolts thing too?!? Isn't that a trad route anyway?
-Andrew

freeforsum

Jul 10, 2007, 7:10 PM
Post #31 of 39 (3828 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Blah…blah…blah…..man…..listen to all you bitch about this and that…..I see it as quite simple…..If you leave your gear hanging on a public climbing crag…..its called booty…..If you don’t want it to be booty…..take it with you. So…..If you want to take it….take it…..if you don’t want to….don’t. But the person leaving it there really has no room to complain about gear being taken when they consciously left it at the crag.

neoamhas

Jul 11, 2007, 2:48 PM
Post #32 of 39 (3744 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mr. Johnson,
as a local GOB(Good Ole Boy) drunk climber with a disdain for authority of any kind, I believe we REALLY should SERIOUSLY take care of this ourselves. Maybe we can hide out in the rhodos and wait for said climber to show up, hoping to redpoint his proj, then when he wanders off in search of the next home for his fixed draws we can pilfer his pack for gear. if you leave your stuff unattended at the crag it is fair game,.. right. that ought to teach this "climber" what the NRG is all about. Self-Important Irrational Nazi Climbing Police. gone are the days of trust and understanding in the climbing community and we need to remind this insolent bastard of that fact. We are now a community of internet post'ers having Brokeback ethical debates about issues that could be solved over beer and a couple of good natured slaps to the head. forgive me if I seem agitated, but it's 10 am, raining at the New and I haven't started pounding beer bombs yet.

curator

Jul 11, 2007, 2:50 PM
Post #33 of 39 (3743 views)
Shortcut

Re: [freeforsum] I want to pull fixed draws at NRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Freeforsum, You're from Oregon. Dude, there is soooo much booty hanging off of this secret crag out there that the locals call "Smith Rock". You should go get it all down. Then you'd have enough rack to go 5.8 trad climbing, get some sweet hand jams, be a real soul climber. But if I see you out here taking draws off the cliff at the New I'm going to pummel you with my stick clip. Renegade sport climber justice, you know what I'm saying. And yes, someone glued a line of bolts up easily flakey. Yes, it is a trad route. They looked exactly real from the outside and were strong enough to hold a draw with the rope passing through it but not strong enough to hold body weight. No one was hurt. But it does beg the question. How many fixed draws at the new are attached to fake, glued on, bolt hangers? And how many of those baked in the sun, UV damaged, fixed draws will break before the epoxy holding the bolt hanger to the rock? It seems like toproping is the only safe thing to do these days and even then...not from the two bolt fixed anchors at the top. I'll be equalizing three bomber trees for my topropes from now on.

Partner j_ung

Jul 11, 2007, 2:59 PM
Post #34 of 39 (3737 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I hope the NPS catches whoever did that. Somebody is looking at jail time.

freeforsum

Jul 11, 2007, 3:02 PM
Post #35 of 39 (3732 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curator wrote:
Hey Freeforsum, You're from Oregon. Dude, there is soooo much booty hanging off of this secret crag out there that the locals call "Smith Rock". You should go get it all down.

The difference is I dont care about the hanging draws......anywhere. But if I did........I would have draws a plenty.....Wink

starkcontrast

Jul 12, 2007, 2:01 PM
Post #36 of 39 (3677 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dbrayack wrote:
If its seems to be an access issue, I can go, stick clip my way up it today and grab em...

this entire thread is funny as hell, but this comment made coffee come out of my nose this morning. great stuff.

dbrayack

Jul 12, 2007, 2:05 PM
Post #37 of 39 (3672 views)
Shortcut

Re: [starkcontrast] I want to pull fixed draws at NRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

starkcontrast wrote:
dbrayack wrote:
If its seems to be an access issue, I can go, stick clip my way up it today and grab em...

this entire thread is funny as hell, but this comment made coffee come out of my nose this morning. great stuff.

I bet that hurt Wink

lena_chita

Jul 12, 2007, 6:03 PM
Post #38 of 39 (3607 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curator wrote:
And yes, someone glued a line of bolts up easily flakey. Yes, it is a trad route. They looked exactly real from the outside and were strong enough to hold a draw with the rope passing through it but not strong enough to hold body weight. No one was hurt.

Wow. So, are the fake bolt "decorations" removed by now, or are they still there, sort-of "all the locals know that it is fake, let some visiting gumby get on it"?

I can't believe a CLIMBER would do something like that. No matter how bitter, or angry, or whatever. This seems like a criminal act to me...

curator

Jul 12, 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #39 of 39 (3530 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] I want to pull fixed draws at NRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yes Lena, the bolts are gone and it's a good thing cause I'm pretty sure that clips not gonna hold.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook