Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Cherokee Bluff, AL Route Potential
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jeapord

Jul 9, 2007, 1:08 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Cherokee Bluff, AL Route Potential  (North_America: United_States: Alabama: Southern: Cherokee_Rock_Bluffs)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anyone know how much untouched cliffline there is at Cherokee Bluff in Central Alabama? I've heard that if one is willing to clean off the rock there's lots of cliffline unbolted and unclimbed.

bradlmd

Jul 17, 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1765 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jeapord] Cherokee Bluff, AL Route Potential [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There is some areas uncleaned but not a ton. I would say there is maybe 3 or 4 routes yet to be climbed but if you are interested in cleaning new rock go on the other side of the bridge from Cherokee bluffs on the same side of the river and there is a whole nother cliff line that is covered in kudzu and poison ivy that has several nice lines on it that have never been touched and for good reason. Also there is a cliff in Columbus GA that is just down stream on the west side of the river below one of the dams that is easily a quarter mile long with hundreds of route options that has barely been touched. Anyways hope you deside to do some bush wacking for the rest of us. I dont live there anymore but I know what kind of work it takes to get an area off the ground. Good luck.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook