Forums: Community: Campground:
Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

uhoh

Aug 3, 2007, 9:29 AM
Post #1 of 26 (5400 views)
Shortcut

Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call?
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't understand this whole, '"Call me at (x) time," and no response or call back' thing. What is that shit about? Was I not supposed to call? Is there some sort of mind game being played that I don't understand? What the fuck?

stonefoxgirl

Aug 3, 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #2 of 26 (5395 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uhoh] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ummmm, what's the scenario being talked about here? Job interview? Post date? Helping someone move?

petsfed

Aug 3, 2007, 1:06 PM
Post #3 of 26 (5380 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uhoh] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
I don't understand this whole, '"Call me at (x) time," and no response or call back' thing. What is that shit about? Was I not supposed to call? Is there some sort of mind game being played that I don't understand? What the fuck?

Can you give us a time line here? Like you called 10 minutes ago and nobody picked up, and you haven't received a call back yet?

It could be they are too busy to call back. It could be that they are in some horrible car wreck and are unable to call back.

If its really that important, wait a few days, try again, then let it go.

kimmyt

Aug 3, 2007, 2:56 PM
Post #4 of 26 (5361 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

She's just not that into you.

Cool

petsfed

Aug 3, 2007, 3:28 PM
Post #5 of 26 (5352 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kimmyt] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There's that too.

lena_chita

Aug 3, 2007, 4:11 PM
Post #6 of 26 (5337 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:

When someone asks you to call at X time, the proper thing to do is to call at the said time. You did that-- well done. Now the ball is not in your court (assuming that you called the correct number, of course).

The rest depends on the circumstances.

uhoh

Aug 3, 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #7 of 26 (5287 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kimmyt] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kimmyt wrote:
She's just not that into you.

Cool

My ego prevents me from believing that.

But seriously, it isn't quite like that.

Though this has happened before, this recent incident began when I went to a job fair. She and I knew each other and we coincidentally ran into one another. Completely unplanned. Anyway, she asked me to call her the next day and I did. I caught her just as she was getting ready to leave for work. We talked for a moment and she asked me to call her at 5 the next day after she got out of class.

Done. No answer, no problem - a message was left asking if she felt like grabbing a bite to eat. Whenever we run into one another we usually end up having lunch as friends - no bullshit.

Here I sit a day later and no call back. Like I said, this has happened before with other women, all casual acquaintances with no other alterior motives (except in one case but that's another story).

Is it me? Is there some sort of hidden girl thing taking place that I'm not aware of? What is this shit all about?

lena_chita

Aug 3, 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #8 of 26 (5283 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
Though this has happened before, this recent incident began when I went to a job fair. She and I knew each other and we coincidentally ran into one another. Completely unplanned. Anyway, she asked me to call her the next day and I did. I caught her just as she was getting ready to leave for work. We talked for a moment and she asked me to call her at 5 the next day after she got out of class.

Done. No answer, no problem - a message was left asking if she felt like grabbing a bite to eat. Whenever we run into one another we usually end up having lunch as friends - no bullshit.

Here I sit a day later and no call back. Like I said, this has happened before with other women, all casual acquaintances with no other alterior motives (except in one case but that's another story).

So why the heck you are sitting here wondering about it if it is casual friend and no more than that?

uhoh wrote:
Is it me? Is there some sort of hidden girl thing taking place that I'm not aware of? What is this shit all about?

O.K., don't know you, but I noticed that some people always say "call me, we should get together for lunch or something" and all they mean by that is: nice seeing you. I don't dislike you or anything, and I am sure we'll run into each other sometime again--maybe in a year or so. Nothing against you, but socializing you is very low on my priority list right now-- however I want to keep you in the large pool of people I MIGHT someday need or want to meet for lunch...

And no, it is not girl-specific. I've witnessed a co-worker of mine saying it dozens of time. He means absolutely nothing by it, may not even be aware of what exactly he is saying, for all I know, and certainly doesn't intend to meet the person he is thus addressing at any specific date for lunch.

uhoh

Aug 3, 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #9 of 26 (5281 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm wondering about it because I've never had a reason in the past to not take statements like that literally. It's never been an issue until relatively recently.

Thanks for clearing that up though.

trebork2
Deleted

Aug 4, 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #10 of 26 (5216 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Too many fish in the sea to get hung up on her.

stymingersfink

Aug 5, 2007, 3:06 AM
Post #11 of 26 (5197 views)
Shortcut

The subtle clue... news at eleven! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Perhaps you should Ask the NOOB this question, I'm sure a subtle clue will be provided for you there.Smile

edit to add:

Allez! Homard!

(This post was edited by stymingersfink on Aug 5, 2007, 3:07 AM)

olive

Aug 5, 2007, 9:48 AM
Post #12 of 26 (5173 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] The subtle clue... news at eleven! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This is fun to read but doesnt this belong to campground? I mean, why ladies room, sure there are ladies who can answer, but I think campground would serve this better.

(Edited to change community into campground. I guess I am still not used to the fact that ladies room is in "community". But then, what do I know.)

(This post was edited by olive on Aug 5, 2007, 9:52 AM)

uhoh

Aug 5, 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #13 of 26 (5136 views)
Shortcut

Re: [trebork2] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

trebork2 wrote:

Yeah. It's a hard lesson to learn though.

unabonger

Aug 6, 2007, 4:28 AM
Post #14 of 26 (5109 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
I don't understand this whole, '"Call me at (x) time," and no response or call back' thing. What is that shit about? Was I not supposed to call? Is there some sort of mind game being played that I don't understand?

Yes. She sensed you'd be a reactive, defensive wuss who would get offended if she didn't answer. Ergo, since she doesn't want to hang out with a guy like that, she didn't answer...

And yes. You missed a subtle clue. She's not comfortable with you.

robbovius

Aug 6, 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #15 of 26 (5079 views)
Shortcut

Re: [unabonger] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you guys are young, right? in your 20s maybe?

young people=drama.

good luck with that.

wanderlustmd

Aug 6, 2007, 5:29 PM
Post #16 of 26 (5024 views)
Shortcut

Re: [robbovius] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena has it right.

Not much to add other than people are stupid.

organic

Aug 6, 2007, 5:46 PM
Post #17 of 26 (5016 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
trebork2 wrote:

Yeah. It's a hard lesson to learn though.

Dude you are into paintball...
Hopefully you don't tell the chicks this.
You are probably ugly thats no big deal...

diophantus

Aug 6, 2007, 6:01 PM
Post #18 of 26 (5005 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
So why the heck you are sitting here wondering about it if it is casual friend and no more than that?

She's probably hot. If an ugo blows you off no biggie.

wjca

Aug 6, 2007, 8:36 PM
Post #19 of 26 (4977 views)
Shortcut

Re: [diophantus] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe her gaydar went off.

stymingersfink

Aug 6, 2007, 8:50 PM
Post #20 of 26 (4966 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
Maybe her gaydar went off.
Pirate
roflmmfao!Laugh

RockRingtail

Aug 7, 2007, 4:44 AM
Post #21 of 26 (4922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe she's just busy, it's only been a day!
I frequently hold off on calling people back until a) I have time to do so &/or b) I know my schedule so that I can actually organise something without having to cancel due to work/other commitments. She's just an acquaintance so you might not be the highest thing on her priority list right now. Don't take it personally, keep doing your thing and she'll get back to you when she gets back to you.

If it goes over a few days, send a brief message asking if she still wants to catch up. If she doesn't respond to that, she isn't interested. Easy.

stymingersfink

Aug 7, 2007, 5:34 AM
Post #22 of 26 (4912 views)
Shortcut

Re: [RockRingtail] Did I miss some subtle clue? Was I not supposed to call? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

RockSplittail wrote:
Maybe she's just busy, it's only been a day!
I frequently hold off on calling people back until a) I have time to do so &/or b) I know my schedule so that I can actually organise something without having to cancel due to work/other commitments. She's just an acquaintance so you might not be the highest thing on her priority list right now. Don't take it personally, keep doing your thing and she'll get back to you when she gets back to you.

If it goes over a few days, send a brief message asking if she still wants to catch up. If she doesn't respond to that, she isn't interested. Easy.
Nothing quite like throwing gasoline on a few coals!

bent_gate

Aug 7, 2007, 8:36 AM
Post #23 of 26 (4904 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why? Because women sense desperation like a bear senses fear.

(sorry to be harsh).

limeydave

Aug 14, 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #24 of 26 (4736 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:

10 days later.

Did she call?
Are you hiding in the bushes outside her place?
What's going on?

limeydave

Aug 16, 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #25 of 26 (4662 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:

Bump. (Day 13)

You put your embarrassment out there.
Now give us some CLOSURE! dammit.

I'm gonna start making up endings to this one pretty soon.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook