Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
white cloud
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

backclipped

Sep 29, 2007, 4:20 AM
Post #1 of 3 (573 views)
Shortcut

white cloud  (North_America: United_States: Oregon: Smith_Rock: 16__The_Marsupial_Crags_and_Surrounding_Areas: The_Wombat)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

climbed White Cloud yesterday. A worthwhile route if you enjoy running it out on 5.7 choss and hanging out on old school homemade hangers. A mini epic for sure: big foot holds popping off (might be 5.8 now), top out in the dark, shooting star overhead, full hunk of lunar cheese spotlighting the tuft ramparts... Redmond bright below........and then descending the scree in the shadow of the Wombat.

Watts gives it two stars....half way to a classic is way too generous. It'll be a lifetime before I climb that sucker again.

(This post was edited by backclipped on Sep 30, 2007, 2:53 AM)

stamplis

Oct 8, 2007, 9:56 PM
Post #2 of 3 (530 views)
Shortcut

Re: [backclipped] white cloud [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the first hand report - I've thought about walking up there a couple times but never get around to it. Still, sounds like an interesting adventure!

backclipped

Oct 9, 2007, 3:03 AM
Post #3 of 3 (495 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stamplis] white cloud [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks, Mark. Although I don't really recommend White Cloud, Birds in a Rut is well worth the slog. If you're not familiar with the route PM me and I'll try to rehash the details.

I see that you've redpointed Lets Face It. That is my favorite route of its grade in the park. I think it blows the crap out of Barbecue the Pope...Face It has character.

cheers,
chris

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook