Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Stoney Point now scorched earth?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

desultor

Oct 27, 2007, 4:17 AM
Post #1 of 1 (2204 views)
Shortcut

Stoney Point now scorched earth?  (North_America: United_States: California: Los_Angeles_County: Stoney_Point)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey guys, just a couple of weeks ago I decided to get serious about bouldering, which I had gotten a taste for back in high school (13 or so years ago).

I still have my shoes that fit, a harness with loud 80's colors (hot purple and pink), a chalk bag, locking beaner, toothbrush, and a handkerchief for blind climbs.

I did some research on local bouldering spots (I'm in the Whittier/La Habra area of L.A. county, SoCal), and found Stoney Point to be reportedly only an hour or so away.

I even went out to a local Sports Chalet to buy Urban Rock, what looked to be a great Stoney Point guidebook.

I was all ready to take a trip out there this weekend, bringing along a childhood friend visiting from Washington state.

But then the fires hit. I checked the local news, who reported the nearest fires near Magic Mountain and Malibu. Whew! Stoney Point looked to be unscathed. And then I see a map in the L.A. Times, showing a nice and neat little spot of red, exactly where Stoney Point should be.

So.... anybody have any word on the park? Is it charred to a crisp, now unclimbable? Is God trying to discourage me from this new pursuit?

Thanks in advance. I hope you all still have unburnt homes.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook