Forums: Community: Campground:
Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All


blondgecko
Moderator

Dec 20, 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #1 of 71 (2036 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 2, 2004
Posts: 7666

Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee
Report this Post
Can't Post

So, we've been thinking about buying a house for a while, but after looking around at the market, kinda decided it'd be much easier to get what we want if we just build. About a week and a half ago, we made a mutual decision on a block, and put a deposit down. Looked around at a bunch of display homes, talked to a few different builders, saw some lovely ideas. Problem is, she's been unfailingly negative about every single one.

"So, perhaps if we went with these guys...?"
"No. I don't like them."

"How about this idea?"
"No. That's stupid."

"Well, how about this?"
"Don't like it, and anyway it's too expensive."

"How about... "
"No."

"But..."
"No."

"But I think..."
"No."

So, tonight I give up, and say that I'll cancel the contract on the block tomorrow (we're still within our two week grace period).


...



...



...



"What, don't you like it?"




GAAAAAAAAAAH!


robbovius


Dec 20, 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #2 of 71 (2026 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8406

Re: [blondgecko] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

weird man. WTF is in the water these days?

here, I'll get your coffee, you just chill.

snowing during the commute this AM. bleh. still rockin' the bald passenger side front tire. I'm gonna sneak out in a bit and head up to the boeyard to see if they've still got those snows which would fit the front of the newBeetle...today, I have MONEY w00t!


charley


Dec 20, 2007, 1:04 PM
Post #3 of 71 (2019 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 13, 2002
Posts: 6627

Re: [robbovius] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My wife and I have a spare lot on our property. We have been discussing building or putting up a modular for about twenty to twenty five years. I think we may be close to the same page now.
My little road trip has not been exactly what I was expecting. I am spending most of my time helping my sister as she battles cancer. It is sad.
Ya'll have a great day. I've got my coffee.


boo


Dec 20, 2007, 1:07 PM
Post #4 of 71 (2012 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 20, 2004
Posts: 193

Re: [robbovius] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snow.....white stuff....shared w/someone recently that the only chance i have of seeing white stuff here is to go to a poorly lit house, knock on the door and buy it!! the quantity of purchasable stuff might equal the amount that *might* fall on my yard!Tongue

blondgecko....you need a shot of bourbon with that coffee!


blondgecko
Moderator

Dec 20, 2007, 1:10 PM
Post #5 of 71 (2010 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 2, 2004
Posts: 7666

Re: [charley] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

... oh shit, I forgot the coffee! Blush

This seems appropriate. If you want something less mushy, there's a percolator on the stove and the espresso machine's all warmed up.




In reply to:
My little road trip has not been exactly what I was expecting. I am spending most of my time helping my sister as she battles cancer. It is sad.

Sorry to hear that, dude. Hope she pulls through.
Attachments: coffee.jpg (22.3 KB)


wanderlustmd


Dec 20, 2007, 1:14 PM
Post #6 of 71 (2007 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8150

Re: [blondgecko] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hang in there Charley.

Gecko, your wife's not insane. On the contrary, she sounds par for the course based on my experience. Laugh


Partner epoch
Moderator

Dec 20, 2007, 1:41 PM
Post #7 of 71 (1995 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2005
Posts: 32163

Re: [wanderlustmd] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning all.

Had a 1 hour delayed start at work. It's snowing.


Weeeee!!!!


krillen


Dec 20, 2007, 2:01 PM
Post #8 of 71 (1988 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 19, 2001
Posts: 4769

Re: [epoch] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning all,

Another late night babysitting the printer while these Christmas presents print out....they look really nice but it takes so friggin' long!

UPDATE: My neighbour's car still has not moved.

BG - Find out what her issues are with those builders specifically, maybe that'llgive you a better idea how to approach things. Personally I'd much rather renovate something than build from scratch, and if it's a subdivision home, I've heard nothing but bad stories about those. If it's a singel house build, it can be better, but keep your eye on EVERYTHING, you'd be surprised what goes on while you aren't there. Good Luck


(This post was edited by krillen on Dec 20, 2007, 2:01 PM)


Partner epoch
Moderator

Dec 20, 2007, 2:03 PM
Post #9 of 71 (1985 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2005
Posts: 32163

Re: [krillen] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Still snowing.

Cup 4.


bigfatrock


Dec 20, 2007, 2:08 PM
Post #10 of 71 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 2, 2006
Posts: 1321

Re: [epoch] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Went to bed last night thinking it was Thursday and reset my alarm to wake up and meet some friends for breakfast. I actually needed some extra sleep so ended up waking up for nothing so give me plenty of extra coffee today.

Anybody going climbing over the Holidays? I don't know that I will make it outdoors, but I hope to next Wednesday. I need it right now, thinks are kind of stressful.


robbovius


Dec 20, 2007, 2:33 PM
Post #11 of 71 (1972 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8406

Re: [bigfatrock] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bigfatrock wrote:
Anybody going climbing over the Holidays? I don't know that I will make it outdoors, but I hope to next Wednesday. I need it right now, thinks are kind of stressful.

well, over the l;ast three years, since i moved out of the familial house, I've begun this tradition of climbing on Christmas morning, solo, at places around my town where one wouldn't otherwise be able to due to people being around. "The Xmas Guerilla Climb" I call it.

My town, Milford, MA, was once one of the top granite producers in the northeast (and in fact there's a type of granite known aroud the world as "Milford Pink" which came only from my town), and local construction projects always reveal lots of rock. a few years ago a shopping center was built that created (by uncovering and blasting) a long wall of beautilful Milford Pink, that I put two self-belay top-rope routes up on last christmas day. there's alos a 500 or so foot long traverse to be done.

the weather is looking like it'll be cooperative this year, so I'm making plans.

I might also get out to Quincy Quarries, if I can find anyone to go with.


(This post was edited by robbovius on Dec 20, 2007, 2:35 PM)


bigfatrock


Dec 20, 2007, 2:48 PM
Post #12 of 71 (1964 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 2, 2006
Posts: 1321

Re: [robbovius] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

robbovius wrote:
bigfatrock wrote:
Anybody going climbing over the Holidays? I don't know that I will make it outdoors, but I hope to next Wednesday. I need it right now, thinks are kind of stressful.

well, over the l;ast three years, since i moved out of the familial house, I've begun this tradition of climbing on Christmas morning, solo, at places around my town where one wouldn't otherwise be able to due to people being around. "The Xmas Guerilla Climb" I call it.

My town, Milford, MA, was once one of the top granite producers in the northeast (and in fact there's a type of granite known aroud the world as "Milford Pink" which came only from my town), and local construction projects always reveal lots of rock. a few years ago a shopping center was built that created (by uncovering and blasting) a long wall of beautilful Milford Pink, that I put two self-belay top-rope routes up on last christmas day. there's alos a 500 or so foot long traverse to be done.

the weather is looking like it'll be cooperative this year, so I'm making plans.

I might also get out to Quincy Quarries, if I can find anyone to go with.

Hmmm, interesting. I will be at my folks house and they are only about 30 or 40 minutes from a crag. They would flip out though if I left to "solo" climb. I'm going to try to get out the day after if I can find somebody to join me.


Partner epoch
Moderator

Dec 20, 2007, 2:54 PM
Post #13 of 71 (1961 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2005
Posts: 32163

Re: [bigfatrock] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Still snowing.

Cup 6


wanderlustmd


Dec 20, 2007, 3:06 PM
Post #14 of 71 (1949 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8150

Re: [epoch] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

BFR, I'm going ice climbing at least a few days. Sunday was supposed to be the first day, but I think I'm getting a cold. That day might not happen. At any rate, I'm looking forward to trying out my new toolsCool

I'll take coffee with a dose of Vitamin C.


limeydave


Dec 20, 2007, 3:20 PM
Post #15 of 71 (1943 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 23, 2006
Posts: 2453

Re: [wanderlustmd] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Man of leisure today.

Gonna grab a cup of tea, see what's on the tivo and go to the gym this afternoon.

I'm glad I don't have an insane wife anymore - I thank my lucky stars I just have a parasitic moneygrabbing ex-wife. At least my time is my own even if my money isn't.


Partner macherry


Dec 20, 2007, 3:39 PM
Post #16 of 71 (1936 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [limeydave] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gecko, isn't your wife pregnant.........she's entitled to be confused!!!!


morning all, coffee please. I'm not feeling any love this am. It snowed all day yesterday and they cleared my street, but didn't sand. my friend was driving me home and did two 360's before she stopped. Two other cars hit the ditch. it's a pretty steep pitch, but the plowers never learn. I walked up town for my massage and on the way home did the heel slide onto my back in front of my house. I'm still hurting today. I missed the staff dinner last night because i couldn't get my bloody car out of the driveway!!!!!


Partner tradman


Dec 20, 2007, 3:42 PM
Post #17 of 71 (1932 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 14, 2003
Posts: 7159

Re: [blondgecko] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't have an ex or crazy wife. But then again, I don't tell everyone stories about how stupid and irrational she is behind her back.

Good luck with that!

Wink


lena_chita
Moderator

Dec 20, 2007, 3:47 PM
Post #18 of 71 (1926 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [charley] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Charley, sorry to hear about your sister... hang in there.


Blond_gecko, no worries, your wife is a normal female. You can't expect her to make a decision like that in a hurry... LOL, ask my husband how many times he went back to the paint store to get the bathroom paint right...


limeydave


Dec 20, 2007, 3:49 PM
Post #19 of 71 (1925 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 23, 2006
Posts: 2453

Re: [lena_chita] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Charley, sorry to hear about your sister... hang in there.


Blond_gecko, no worries, your wife is a normal female. You can't expect her to make a decision like that in a hurry... LOL, ask my husband how many times he went back to the paint store to get the bathroom paint right...

That story would only be normal if the perfect color ended up being the first one he brought home ;)


Partner epoch
Moderator

Dec 20, 2007, 3:54 PM
Post #20 of 71 (1918 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2005
Posts: 32163

Re: [limeydave] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Still snowing.

Cup 9.5.


bizarrodrinker


Dec 20, 2007, 3:55 PM
Post #21 of 71 (1915 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 20, 2005
Posts: 2316

Re: [limeydave] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

limeydave wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Charley, sorry to hear about your sister... hang in there.


Blond_gecko, no worries, your wife is a normal female. You can't expect her to make a decision like that in a hurry... LOL, ask my husband how many times he went back to the paint store to get the bathroom paint right...

That story would only be normal if the perfect color ended up being the first one he brought home ;)

...and only after the first coat was applied was he sent back to get the color "right".


limeydave


Dec 20, 2007, 3:56 PM
Post #22 of 71 (1913 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 23, 2006
Posts: 2453

Re: [bizarrodrinker] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:
limeydave wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Charley, sorry to hear about your sister... hang in there.


Blond_gecko, no worries, your wife is a normal female. You can't expect her to make a decision like that in a hurry... LOL, ask my husband how many times he went back to the paint store to get the bathroom paint right...

That story would only be normal if the perfect color ended up being the first one he brought home ;)

...and only after the first coat was applied was he sent back to get the color "right".

And the first coat was dark, so it had to be primed...again...before putting up the perfect color


imnotclever


Dec 20, 2007, 4:01 PM
Post #23 of 71 (1906 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 8, 2003
Posts: 10000

Re: [epoch] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Still snowing.

Cup 9.5.

Go to the bathroom already.


microbarn


Dec 20, 2007, 4:03 PM
Post #24 of 71 (1904 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 12, 2004
Posts: 5920

Re: [tradman] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tradman wrote:
I don't have an ex or crazy wife. But then again, I don't tell everyone stories about how stupid and irrational she is behind her back.

Good luck with that!

Wink
how's the weather up there on that pedestal?


maww


Dec 20, 2007, 4:07 PM
Post #25 of 71 (1901 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 4, 2004
Posts: 3253

Re: [limeydave] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning all.

Charley hang in there, you're in my thoughts & prayers as is your sis & the rest of your fam. I'm glad you can be there to help her.

BG your wife sounds normal. We can be frustrating at times. ;) You'll figure it out I am sure.

It's Happy Friday to me! I'm off to the airport in T minus 6 hrs and will land in WI within 15 hrs. Keep your fingers crossed the flurries stay away til Friday. I want to make it home on time & safely.

Things are perking up again - I've got a phone interview tomorrow for a copywriter job in Denver.

When I get back in Jan, I'll be meeting with a local magazine editor about writing an advice column for her new publication and/or web site.

I'll do it for free for awhile til we can build up the readership for her. It's great exposure for me and will help with my book proposal. Woo woo. Yay me! I feel a lot better today - 1,000X better than I've felt all week.

Next round is on me kids. Enjoy.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook