Forums: Community: Campground:
Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All


maww


Dec 20, 2007, 4:08 PM
Post #26 of 71 (1403 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 4, 2004
Posts: 3253

Re: [microbarn] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

microbarn wrote:
tradman wrote:
I don't have an ex or crazy wife. But then again, I don't tell everyone stories about how stupid and irrational she is behind her back.

Good luck with that!

Wink
how's the weather up there on that pedestal?

Meow!!! I second your question MB. :)


bigfatrock


Dec 20, 2007, 4:17 PM
Post #27 of 71 (1396 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 2, 2006
Posts: 1321

Re: [macherry] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
I walked up town for my massage and on the way home did the heel slide onto my back in front of my house. I'm still hurting today. !

Geeze, that sucks. It kind of negates the massage treatment.

Man, I just realized that the job being on "hold" was a nice way of saying no dice! Later yesterday they re-posted the position with a different title. I was told by HR I was free to apply for any other position so I asked to be considered for it, but she replied back and told me they already made an offer. Why can't people just tell you no? Why do they have to mask it?


maww


Dec 20, 2007, 4:25 PM
Post #28 of 71 (1393 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 4, 2004
Posts: 3253

Re: [bigfatrock] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bigfatrock wrote:
macherry wrote:
I walked up town for my massage and on the way home did the heel slide onto my back in front of my house. I'm still hurting today. !

Geeze, that sucks. It kind of negates the massage treatment.

Man, I just realized that the job being on "hold" was a nice way of saying no dice! Later yesterday they re-posted the position with a different title. I was told by HR I was free to apply for any other position so I asked to be considered for it, but she replied back and told me they already made an offer. Why can't people just tell you no? Why do they have to mask it?

Dude that is bizarre. They really went to a lot of trouble for you...seems odd they would offer it to someone else.

You should still move here. Pack up & go - that's what I did. Make it happen.


bizarrodrinker


Dec 20, 2007, 4:27 PM
Post #29 of 71 (1390 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 20, 2005
Posts: 2316

Re: [maww] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
bigfatrock wrote:
macherry wrote:
I walked up town for my massage and on the way home did the heel slide onto my back in front of my house. I'm still hurting today. !

Geeze, that sucks. It kind of negates the massage treatment.

Man, I just realized that the job being on "hold" was a nice way of saying no dice! Later yesterday they re-posted the position with a different title. I was told by HR I was free to apply for any other position so I asked to be considered for it, but she replied back and told me they already made an offer. Why can't people just tell you no? Why do they have to mask it?

Dude that is bizarre. They really went to a lot of trouble for you...seems odd they would offer it to someone else.

You should still move here. Pack up & go - that's what I did. Make it happen.

Don't you mean bizarro trouble?


Partner epoch
Moderator

Dec 20, 2007, 4:27 PM
Post #30 of 71 (1389 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2005
Posts: 32163

Re: [maww] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Still snowing.

Thinking about inserting catheter. Wait, no I'm not.

Cup 12.


Leaving for company Xmas party.

I'm wound... Sly


(This post was edited by epoch on Dec 20, 2007, 4:28 PM)


robbovius


Dec 20, 2007, 4:27 PM
Post #31 of 71 (1388 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8406

Re: [microbarn] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

microbarn wrote:
tradman wrote:
I don't have an ex or crazy wife. But then again, I don't tell everyone stories about how stupid and irrational she is behind her back.

Good luck with that!

Wink
how's the weather up there on that pedestal?

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!


maww


Dec 20, 2007, 4:28 PM
Post #32 of 71 (1384 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 4, 2004
Posts: 3253

Re: [bizarrodrinker] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:
maww wrote:
bigfatrock wrote:
macherry wrote:
I walked up town for my massage and on the way home did the heel slide onto my back in front of my house. I'm still hurting today. !

Geeze, that sucks. It kind of negates the massage treatment.

Man, I just realized that the job being on "hold" was a nice way of saying no dice! Later yesterday they re-posted the position with a different title. I was told by HR I was free to apply for any other position so I asked to be considered for it, but she replied back and told me they already made an offer. Why can't people just tell you no? Why do they have to mask it?

Dude that is bizarre. They really went to a lot of trouble for you...seems odd they would offer it to someone else.

You should still move here. Pack up & go - that's what I did. Make it happen.

Don't you mean bizarro trouble?

D'oh! My bad - I did mean bizarro trouble. Wink


bigfatrock


Dec 20, 2007, 4:28 PM
Post #33 of 71 (1384 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 2, 2006
Posts: 1321

Re: [maww] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am considering it, but I need to save a bit more money first and time my prescription medication right. Via mail order I can have about 4 months worth on hand. Without a job I would also have to do something with my house here. But I do plan on making it happen :).


maww


Dec 20, 2007, 4:31 PM
Post #34 of 71 (1377 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 4, 2004
Posts: 3253

Re: [bigfatrock] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Can you rent out your house?

Yeah it can be a challenge and it takes a great leap of faith in yourself (and the Universe if you're so incliend to believe in such things).

I lined up a really minimal volunteer job that had a small stipend...that was the security I needed.

If I had to do it over again I'd probably save up some $$, sell most of my s**t and just go. You can make anything happen if you want it bad enough. Just keep your eye on the prize and you'll see opportunities to get the prize. :)


Partner tradman


Dec 20, 2007, 4:34 PM
Post #35 of 71 (1373 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 14, 2003
Posts: 7159

Re: [maww] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe blondegecko could get his wife to sign up and read the good advice here? She might see his point of view - although to be fair he'd also see all the derogatory accusations he posted about her and the responses about how she's a typical woman.

Well, maybe not I guess.


robbovius


Dec 20, 2007, 4:53 PM
Post #36 of 71 (1362 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8406

Re: [tradman] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tradman wrote:
Maybe blondegecko could get his wife to sign up and read the good advice here? She might see his point of view - although to be fair he'd also see all the derogatory accusations he posted about her and the responses about how she's a typical woman.

Well, maybe not I guess.

dude, in the interest of at least trying to embrace the good christian fellowship I have never even seen you pretend to, but ordinarily is part of the christian ethic worldwide at this time of year, could you POSSIBLY lay off your role as biggest buzz-killing douche in the universe, and at least pretend to some sort of friendliness?

even Pinkie knows when to give it a Chill. seriously Dave, GET PROFESSIONAL HELP.

seriously, do you HAVE to come into every thread and fuck it up? what the fuck is your major malfunction?


(This post was edited by robbovius on Dec 20, 2007, 5:08 PM)


microbarn


Dec 20, 2007, 4:55 PM
Post #37 of 71 (1358 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 12, 2004
Posts: 5920

Re: [tradman] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tradman wrote:
Maybe blondegecko could get his wife to sign up and read the good advice here? She might see his point of view - although to be fair he'd also see all the derogatory accusations he posted about her and the responses about how she's a typical woman.

Well, maybe not I guess.
yes, we got your condescension the first time you posted. Thanks for sharing again.


Partner tradman


Dec 20, 2007, 5:11 PM
Post #38 of 71 (1349 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 14, 2003
Posts: 7159

Re: [robbovius] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
seriously, do you HAVE to come into every thread and fuck it up? what the fuck is your major malfunction?

Frown

Sorry.

Should I post some racist jokes? You think that's funny, right?


maww


Dec 20, 2007, 5:36 PM
Post #39 of 71 (1340 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 4, 2004
Posts: 3253

Re: [tradman] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I wish we could have a thread that would stay on topic and not wander off.

Not laying blame or pointing fingers anywhere, just putting my 2 cents out there. It's definitely lessening my interest in the RC.com community. Frown


microbarn


Dec 20, 2007, 5:39 PM
Post #40 of 71 (1339 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 12, 2004
Posts: 5920

Re: [maww] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
I wish we could have a thread that would stay on topic and not wander off.

Not laying blame or pointing fingers anywhere, just putting my 2 cents out there. It's definitely lessening my interest in the RC.com community. Frown
so, how long would we discuss coffee, and how many days in a row would you maintain interest in just talking about coffee?

Sorry, but the thread drift is where conversation happens. I like it.


lagr01


Dec 20, 2007, 5:51 PM
Post #41 of 71 (1335 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 18, 2005
Posts: 2417

Re: [microbarn] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

With all this weird thread stalking, I'm starting to wonder if tradman has a man crush on blondegecko. **not that there's anything wrong with that** (talking 'bout the man crush not the stalking)


(This post was edited by lagr01 on Dec 20, 2007, 6:00 PM)


robbovius


Dec 20, 2007, 5:53 PM
Post #42 of 71 (1330 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8406

Re: [maww] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
I wish we could have a thread that would stay on topic and not wander off.

Not laying blame or pointing fingers anywhere, just putting my 2 cents out there. It's definitely lessening my interest in the RC.com community. Frown

never mind that. merry xmas Maww, it's folks like you with the optimism and positive homilies that keep me coming back.

now where were we?

oh yeah, party plans for the holiday? tomorrow night I'm hosting a jam at the milfrod performing arts center. it'll be nice to air out the electrics for a change. next thursday I'm the featured artist at the Rose Garden Upton MA. I wish i had the $$ to fly you all out for the gig, totoally. that'd be fricken sweet as a basttid.

Krillen, doing any playing over the break? hey, did you know that there's a live-action Dragon Ball Z movie in the works? I forget whose cast as your screen-namesake. ;-)


maww


Dec 20, 2007, 5:55 PM
Post #43 of 71 (1328 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 4, 2004
Posts: 3253

Re: [microbarn] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

microbarn wrote:
maww wrote:
I wish we could have a thread that would stay on topic and not wander off.

Not laying blame or pointing fingers anywhere, just putting my 2 cents out there. It's definitely lessening my interest in the RC.com community. Frown
so, how long would we discuss coffee, and how many days in a row would you maintain interest in just talking about coffee?

Sorry, but the thread drift is where conversation happens. I like it.

Clearly I haven't explained my point properly. I'm not talking about just the coffee thread nor I am talking about tangental conversations.

Notice how many threads end up degrading or ripping on someone. Threads become online wars & fights - lots of needless drama and drivel.

It's fine for topics to get off tangent of course but the drama I could live without. Typically I just ignore the flaming and the thread but it seems to have spread to more than just a few threads lately.


lena_chita
Moderator

Dec 20, 2007, 7:10 PM
Post #44 of 71 (1305 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 6087

Re: [limeydave] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

limeydave wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:
limeydave wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Charley, sorry to hear about your sister... hang in there.


Blond_gecko, no worries, your wife is a normal female. You can't expect her to make a decision like that in a hurry... LOL, ask my husband how many times he went back to the paint store to get the bathroom paint right...

That story would only be normal if the perfect color ended up being the first one he brought home ;)

...and only after the first coat was applied was he sent back to get the color "right".

And the first coat was dark, so it had to be primed...again...before putting up the perfect color

Very close: Base color was a little lighter than it should have been, but O.K. The sponged-on color was way-too-light and pronounced unacceptable. The 3rd color was too gray. The 4th color was too blue. The color that was finally applied to the wall as the second sponging color was the mix of colors 3 and 4...


maww


Dec 20, 2007, 7:12 PM
Post #45 of 71 (1301 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 4, 2004
Posts: 3253

Re: [robbovius] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

robbovius wrote:
maww wrote:
I wish we could have a thread that would stay on topic and not wander off.

Not laying blame or pointing fingers anywhere, just putting my 2 cents out there. It's definitely lessening my interest in the RC.com community. Frown

never mind that. merry xmas Maww, it's folks like you with the optimism and positive homilies that keep me coming back.

now where were we?

oh yeah, party plans for the holiday? tomorrow night I'm hosting a jam at the milfrod performing arts center. it'll be nice to air out the electrics for a change. next thursday I'm the featured artist at the Rose Garden Upton MA. I wish i had the $$ to fly you all out for the gig, totoally. that'd be fricken sweet as a basttid.

Krillen, doing any playing over the break? hey, did you know that there's a live-action Dragon Ball Z movie in the works? I forget whose cast as your screen-namesake. ;-)

Awww thanks your sweet babe! :)

Break a leg at the gigs - sounds fun!!!


wanderlustmd


Dec 20, 2007, 7:14 PM
Post #46 of 71 (1301 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8150

Re: [maww] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
microbarn wrote:
maww wrote:
I wish we could have a thread that would stay on topic and not wander off.

Not laying blame or pointing fingers anywhere, just putting my 2 cents out there. It's definitely lessening my interest in the RC.com community. Frown
so, how long would we discuss coffee, and how many days in a row would you maintain interest in just talking about coffee?

Sorry, but the thread drift is where conversation happens. I like it.

Clearly I haven't explained my point properly. I'm not talking about just the coffee thread nor I am talking about tangental conversations.

Notice how many threads end up degrading or ripping on someone. Threads become online wars & fights - lots of needless drama and drivel.

It's fine for topics to get off tangent of course but the drama I could live without. Typically I just ignore the flaming and the thread but it seems to have spread to more than just a few threads lately.

But anger, hatred, flaming and thread drift are the staples of RC.com. Where else are we supposed to air the day's frustrations in a consequence-free environment? That's what the internet is all about.

Merry Xmas, now STFU.Laugh Wink


Partner epoch
Moderator

Dec 20, 2007, 7:27 PM
Post #47 of 71 (1289 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2005
Posts: 32163

Re: [maww] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
I wish we could have a thread that would stay on topic and not wander off.

Not laying blame or pointing fingers anywhere, just putting my 2 cents out there. It's definitely lessening my interest in the RC.com community. Frown

Maww, the "coffee house" title is just that. Haven't you figured out that the coffee threads are only micro threads in the BET theory? That's all that the BET is. It's just one huge conversation that keeps going on. Everyone has issues to vent, talk about, seek advice, or just somewhere to dick off for a few hours. The best coffee threads are the ones that have drifted into something totally off topic.

Do Me Chair

In all fairness the thread drifts are what bring me here.


Oh, yeah...

Still snowing.

Cup 18. Christmas party sucked, so I came back to work...


robbovius


Dec 20, 2007, 7:33 PM
Post #48 of 71 (1285 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 20, 2002
Posts: 8406

Re: [epoch] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Cup 18...

BREAKING NEWS!

"Maine man able to power small city by plugging extension cord into his nostrils."


maww


Dec 20, 2007, 7:54 PM
Post #49 of 71 (1277 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 4, 2004
Posts: 3253

Re: [epoch] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Again epoch I missed fully clarifying my point: thread drifts I don't mind, flaming crap & drama I can't stand.

If it's about the BET, I'm gonna ignore it. Just not my thing in there.


Partner epoch
Moderator

Dec 20, 2007, 7:58 PM
Post #50 of 71 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2005
Posts: 32163

Re: [maww] Thursday, my wife is insane, coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
Again epoch I missed fully clarifying my point: thread drifts I don't mind, flaming crap & drama I can't stand.

If it's about the BET, I'm gonna ignore it. Just not my thing in there.
We don't talk about the BET in the BET, that would be silly. We talk about much more stuff in there. Though, the conversations move quickly in there.

Drama is what holds the internet together.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook