RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

norge

Jan 29, 2008, 4:52 PM
Post #1 of 18 (1520 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by norge
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

pwscottiv

Feb 1, 2008, 6:18 AM
Post #2 of 18 (1467 views)
Shortcut

Re: [norge] Aaron Mulkey / coremountainsports.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Here's his Myspace page: http://profile.myspace.com/...p;friendid=181073499

Phone numbers:
Phone: (307) 527-7354
FAX:(307) 527-7354
Toll Free:(877) 527-7354

Email:
aaron@coldfear.com

If he doesn't get your stuff to you in a reasonable amount of time, then you could remind him that crimes across state lines are automatically a federal offense. And/Or you could annoy the piss out of him by calling all day long until you get your stuff. If you have a modem on your computer, you could also fax him every 15 minutes or so to remind him. When his phone lines are clogged with you screaming in his ear and his floor is full of faxes, maybe he'll consider shipping your stuff.

(This post was edited by pwscottiv on Feb 1, 2008, 6:20 AM)

LUclimbing

Feb 1, 2008, 7:38 AM
Post #3 of 18 (1444 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have also had the same problem but with much less value, I ordered a women's harness as a present for a friend from his ebay store, a month, 4 calls and numerous emails later I still haven't received the harness. Finally I got in touch with him and he promised to ship a much nicer petzl luna harness due to the amount of time I have had to wait. According to him I would receive shipping notification when the item had shipped. I have not received any notification of shipment yet and I am losing a lot of patience. I may contest the charge on the credit card if the harness does not arrive within a couple of weeks. I'm sorry to hear about how much gear he still owes you, hope it all comes through.

(This post was edited by LUclimbing on Feb 1, 2008, 7:39 AM)

pwscottiv

Feb 1, 2008, 9:04 AM
Post #4 of 18 (1428 views)
Shortcut

Re: [LUclimbing] Aaron Mulkey / coremountainsports.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

LUclimbing wrote:
I have also had the same problem but with much less value, I ordered a women's harness as a present for a friend from his ebay store, a month, 4 calls and numerous emails later I still haven't received the harness. Finally I got in touch with him and he promised to ship a much nicer petzl luna harness due to the amount of time I have had to wait. According to him I would receive shipping notification when the item had shipped. I have not received any notification of shipment yet and I am losing a lot of patience. I may contest the charge on the credit card if the harness does not arrive within a couple of weeks. I'm sorry to hear about how much gear he still owes you, hope it all comes through.
That's fucked. You should start harassing him. I'd call/fax the fucker all day long. I'm sure he'd be happy about you guys clogging up his toll-free lines.

tetons

Feb 1, 2008, 1:43 PM
Post #5 of 18 (1393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm, interesting. We met Aaron once, up on the ice in the South Fork, perfectly nice guy who was very helpful, friendly, etc. This sounds like the usual slightly irresponsible climber who's spending too much time climbing and not enough time tending to obvious responsibilities. But you will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Threatening/hassling him will definitely NOT get your gear shipped. Most of us value our reputation, such as they are, and this post could help, though. Post a note at some other sites -- he will feel some heat/feedback. Try to keep your cool -- anger/threats/rants will only amuse. Good luck -- a frustrating experience.

Partner j_ung

Feb 1, 2008, 2:40 PM
Post #6 of 18 (1371 views)
Shortcut

Re: [LUclimbing] Aaron Mulkey / coremountainsports.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

LUclimbing wrote:

LUclimbing, just out of curiosity, are you also located outside the USA?

LUclimbing

Feb 1, 2008, 2:52 PM
Post #7 of 18 (1364 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Aaron Mulkey / coremountainsports.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

J ung, I actually am not from out of the country like the op, I'm in Tennessee which isn't too far from WY, shipping by ground should only take 5-7 business days at the maximum.

norge

Feb 2, 2008, 9:06 PM
Post #8 of 18 (1288 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi again

Thanks for the advice.

What other websites are "big" in the climbing community in the states? That has a forum where I can post my concerns?

meh

Feb 3, 2008, 3:13 PM
Post #9 of 18 (1241 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

norge wrote:
Hi

I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct place.

Long story short I got in contact with this guy through Ebay [..]

There's your fucking problem. Ebay. HA!

You were asking to be scammed...

The amount of shithole dirtbag cheapfucks trying to save that extra nickel is unbelievable. What does this teach us... Buy from a reputable souce. Not one found from that crack piece of shit business Ebay.

tetons

Feb 3, 2008, 4:48 PM
Post #10 of 18 (1210 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Two more that you might use are Summit Post and Mountain Project. I'm sure there are others, but I've seen posts on these sites about ice climbing in Cody, Aaron's home, so perhaps he'll get the message.
Because Aaron is a well known person in the world of Cody ice climbing, and a decent person from my short bit of contact, I'm curious to see how this problem is resolved. Hope it happens soon.

Partner epoch

Feb 3, 2008, 5:02 PM
Post #11 of 18 (1204 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meh] Aaron Mulkey / coremountainsports.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

meh wrote:
norge wrote:
Hi

The amount of shithole dirtbag cheapfucks trying to save that extra nickel is unbelievable. What does this teach us... Buy from a reputable souce. Not one found from that crack piece of shit business Ebay.
You sure do have a way with words, don't you?

builttospill

Feb 3, 2008, 8:44 PM
Post #12 of 18 (1151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meh wrote:
norge wrote:
Hi

Yeah, because no one was ever scammed on the internet before eBay. Crazy

To the OP: Give me a couple hours and I'll send you a PM via this site if you like re: what can be done through eBay to help.

anykineclimb

Feb 3, 2008, 8:46 PM
Post #13 of 18 (1148 views)
Shortcut

Re: [builttospill] Aaron Mulkey / coremountainsports.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Strangly enough, this guy has pretty good feedback on eBay. Did you give him negative feedback?

norge

Feb 3, 2008, 9:46 PM
Post #14 of 18 (1129 views)
Shortcut

Re: [anykineclimb] Aaron Mulkey / coremountainsports.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thing is he did not have half the stuff that I wanted, so it was all purchased directly from him and not via Ebay.
I only got in contact with him through Ebay, and of course I was reluctant to deal directly with him and not via Ebay, but he seemed like no scam which he probably isn't.

I just wish he would send me the rest of my stuff. I'm missing 2 Arcteryx packs, 1 Arcteryx V10 bag, ice clippers and a crampon bag.

EDIT
As you can see on Ebay almost all his negative feedbacks are due to very late arriving items....

(This post was edited by norge on Feb 3, 2008, 9:50 PM)

Partner angry

Feb 3, 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #15 of 18 (1114 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to Ebay a lot. I had a hell of a time getting stuff out on time. I know I could never start a mail order business for that reason, I would fail.

Even as tardy as I was, I never shipped later than a week after the sale completed.

If he truly did ship in early December, the stuff is lost and you'll never get it. Now it's up to him to either replace it or hope he insured it. If he's unwilling to do either, call your credit card company and pull back your money.

I hope you didn't pay in cash.

Partner macherry

Feb 3, 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #16 of 18 (1104 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meh wrote:
norge wrote:
Hi

good lord

well, that was positive feedback

moose_droppings

Feb 4, 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #17 of 18 (1074 views)
Shortcut

Re: [anykineclimb] Aaron Mulkey / coremountainsports.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

anykineclimb wrote:
Strangly enough, this guy has pretty good feedback on eBay. Did you give him negative feedback?

Unfortunately Ebay is designed to protect the sellers on many levels. They make money off the sellers if they sell their item or not. Contesting any negative feeback for the seller is as easy as mud. Many sellers don't post your feedback until you give them positive feedback first. I always gave feedback as soon as the buyer completed his obligation, giving them a fair chance to give me what ever I deserved.

The chance of anything getting lost permanently in the mail, though it has happened, is next to nil. After 3 weeks I would considerate it not sent as opposed to lost. Any seller worth his salt would spend the 75 cents for a USPS confirmation to protect himself from false claims of 'not received'. Anything sent UPS or FED Ex has got tracking information. If he truly sent it, he'd be in constant contact with you looking to see if it was received, or helping you go through the USPS hoops to retrieve it.

At this point, the guy is either a space case, or a deadbeat

norge

Feb 4, 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #18 of 18 (1002 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well guess what. Aaron just emailed me.

All my emails had ended up in his junk mail, and he was not aware that I had not received the last shipment.

He is now filing an insurance claim.
He is offering me a refund, or to ship it all again.

So my post here at rc.com worked. Thanks to those of you who let Aaron know about this thread. Because of you he replied to me...

This is my last post on this thread.

Stein

(This post was edited by norge on Feb 5, 2008, 10:07 AM)

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook