Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Sport Climbing:
First confirmed and shared 9b route in sport climbing history ?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

novebi

Feb 5, 2008, 9:26 AM
Post #1 of 10 (3454 views)
Shortcut

First confirmed and shared 9b route in sport climbing history ?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Dear 8c+/9... climbers,

as the 9b site creator, I choose "9b" as nickname ... sorry, I’m really not that good of a climber ;-)

Grade 9b is still a proposition; no climber in the world has repeated and confirmed a 9b route, so, but I think we-- y'all-- could change that !

Why not have a gathering of grade 9 climbers in order to try, all together, a potential 9b route?

You could try the same (potential) 9b route in a fixed range of time, for example 6 months ?

Or better yet, gather for 2/3 weeks in order to try all together, encourage each other, and maybe see a repeat to verify the grade?!

It's totally up to you. You can decide if this proposal sounds good to You and if yes:
- when
- where
- which route
- how and how much to try
- etc etc

Feel free to use 9b site to discuss the details, if You prefer You can create there a private group too.

Ciao :-)

(This post was edited by novebi on Feb 6, 2008, 9:32 AM)

Uncia

Feb 5, 2008, 4:51 PM
Post #2 of 10 (3327 views)
Shortcut

Re: [novebi] First confirmed and shared 9b route in sport climbing history ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fail

unrooted

Feb 5, 2008, 5:06 PM
Post #3 of 10 (3301 views)
Shortcut

Re: [novebi] First confirmed and shared 9b route in sport climbing history ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

9b climbers don't use this site.

Partner sevrdhed

Feb 6, 2008, 4:17 PM
Post #4 of 10 (3152 views)
Shortcut

Re: [unrooted] First confirmed and shared 9b route in sport climbing history ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's a known fact that people who climb 9b have fingers so strong that if they were to try typing on a computer, they would crush the keyboard. Sorry bud.

cchildre

Feb 6, 2008, 4:22 PM
Post #5 of 10 (3146 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sevrdhed] First confirmed and shared 9b route in sport climbing history ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sevrdhed wrote:
It's a known fact that people who climb 9b have fingers so strong that if they were to try typing on a computer, they would crush the keyboard. Sorry bud.

Trophy! Awesome!

Partner cracklover

Feb 6, 2008, 4:53 PM
Post #6 of 10 (3106 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Isn't there a separate section on rc.com for "view my website" posts?

GO

novebi

Feb 6, 2008, 8:23 PM
Post #7 of 10 (3036 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] First confirmed and shared 9b route in sport climbing history ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My question was directed to 8c+/9 … climbers, I see them typing on 8a.nu their ascents, so I guess they can have a look at rockclimbing.com too.
For sure my intention was not to say "view my website".
It’s not my site, it’s a site of all the climbers.
I just think it would be interesting for many climbers a new kind of direct competition on rock.
That’s why I decided to offer my proposition, why not ?
Ciao

1ArmedPullUp

Feb 11, 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #8 of 10 (2825 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm an 8c+ climber, and my life of traveling around the world working on my own proj's and living off my sponsor's money has become quite boring. While I had planned on doing a 9b for my own personal sense of self-fulfillment, climbing it to help promote some completely uknown n00b's poorly named website sounds just as fun. I'm sure you have a lot of possible lines picked out- might I see some pics? Also, how many other 8c+/9a climbers have signed on? And finally, the "bi" at the end of your name does refer to your sexual preference, right?

novebi

Feb 12, 2008, 7:47 AM
Post #9 of 10 (2693 views)
Shortcut

Re: [1ArmedPullUp] First confirmed and shared 9b route in sport climbing history ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I’m just proposing a direct competition on rock.
May be You don’t like competition, so You just do Your own first ascents: ok, no problem at all.
There are many other climbers interested in competitions: they like to compete directly on artificial walls/boulders, to repeat other climbers’ routes and there is 8a.nu ranking too.
Nobody can know others intimate motivations, so may be climbers compete for personal sense of self-fulfillment too.
An may be I’m writing here just to offer my proposal.

GabeWalker

Feb 12, 2008, 8:13 PM
Post #10 of 10 (2605 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in! My soon to be sponsors will love this.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook