Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

aje963

Apr 18, 2008, 1:58 AM
Post #1 of 194 (20657 views)
Shortcut

Do girls like rock climbers?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've been climbing for about a year now and consider climbing a large part of my life. However, every time I tell a girl that I'm a climber, they usually respond with a "yeah, that's cool" and then go on to talk about themselves and what-not. Do girls not consider climbers to be badass enough to get with? I guarantee you that if I told a girl that I ride a crotch rocket they'd instantly become wet with anticipation. Anyone else experienced this sort of situation?

CaptainPolution

Apr 18, 2008, 2:02 AM
Post #2 of 194 (20646 views)
Shortcut

Re: [aje963] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

aje963 wrote:
I've been climbing for about a year now and consider climbing a large part of my life. However, every time I tell a girl that I'm a climber, they usually respond with a "yeah, that's cool" and then go on to talk about themselves and what-not. Do girls not consider climbers to be badass enough to get with? I guarantee you that if I told a girl that I ride a crotch rocket they'd instantly become wet with anticipation. Anyone else experienced this sort of situation?

because girls dont know anything about this. motorcycles are hot, get used to it

taydude

Apr 18, 2008, 2:14 AM
Post #3 of 194 (20622 views)
Shortcut

Re: [CaptainPolution] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

noob! you gotta get with the climber girls. They're like you onsighted a thin fingers 5.12 crack with only nuts and a big bro?!?! panties off right there. Angelic

Partner happiegrrrl

Apr 18, 2008, 2:15 AM
Post #4 of 194 (20614 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you told me you rode a ....crotch rocket... I would be very embarrassed for you and politely excuse myself. Bjut that's just me.

Chances are, if you're not finding the girls show any intrigue, it's got nothing to do with climbing. If you're saying you climb, like in the way insecure guys drop numbers about their salary or job title(or whatever) then....well, what do you expect? You're probably coming off as using it to impress them.

But to answer your OP query(Do girls like climbers?): The answer is: It depends.

kiwiprincess

Apr 18, 2008, 2:27 AM
Post #5 of 194 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

On the plus side most climbers have great abs and get their shirts off often enough for you to enjoy the view.
On the minus side they seem to be a bit obsessive about climbing and never spend time with their girlfriends, and never talk about anything else.
Most the climbers I know are freaks....luckily i kind of enjoy that.

shockabuku

Apr 18, 2008, 2:31 AM
Post #6 of 194 (20585 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

aje963 wrote:

Here's some advice:

1. Buy a crotch rocket.
2. Listen to them talk about themselves.

or

3. Find a prostitute.

IBarrett

Apr 18, 2008, 2:38 AM
Post #7 of 194 (20572 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kiwiprincess] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
On the plus side most climbers have great abs and get their shirts off often enough for you to enjoy the view.
On the minus side they seem to be a bit obsessive about climbing and never spend time with their girlfriends, and never talk about anything else.
Most the climbers I know are freaks....luckily i kind of enjoy that.

You are spot on!! (except for the freak part, I'm not quite there yet Wink )

Myxomatosis

Apr 18, 2008, 2:43 AM
Post #8 of 194 (20561 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Girls like money... thats all...

Just cater to their shallowness and they will be all yours.

Partner macherry

Apr 18, 2008, 2:47 AM
Post #9 of 194 (20540 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

aje963 wrote:

maybe they're lesbians

Partner angry

Apr 18, 2008, 2:50 AM
Post #10 of 194 (20531 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Myxomatosis] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Rock climbers don't vibrate when you rev them up.

Partner camhead

Apr 18, 2008, 2:55 AM
Post #11 of 194 (20523 views)
Shortcut

Re: [taydude] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

taydude wrote:
noob! you gotta get with the climber girls. They're like you onsighted a thin fingers 5.12 crack with only nuts and a big bro?!?! panties off right there. Angelic

yeah, if you climb thin finger cracks with big bros, you are definitely badass.

that said, the original poster sounds like he took up climbing in order to get chicks (which is always a bad idea), and now he is disappointed that it does not get him bar-fly cred.

asdf.

Partner angry

Apr 18, 2008, 2:57 AM
Post #12 of 194 (20519 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice sig!!!

colatownkid

Apr 18, 2008, 3:05 AM
Post #13 of 194 (20498 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

just so this thread doesn't get a T-100 rating, i have to ask: is this a serious question?

RJVoss

Apr 18, 2008, 3:10 AM
Post #14 of 194 (20487 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

They don't like our rough, torn, callused up hands thats for sure.

sev

Apr 18, 2008, 3:28 AM
Post #15 of 194 (20457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It is directly proportional to the size of your rack. The bigger the rack, the more attention you will get from females. This is a scientific fact, corroborated by plentiful empirical evidence.

However, the rack must be present on your person AT ALL TIMES. This is the most overlooked part of the process. If you're not in immediate possession of your rack, females will rarely speak to you (as you've noticed by their "yeah, that's cool" remarks, in an effort to get the fuck away from you). I understand that carrying a rack of significant size (it must be a full trad rack, including the full array of passive gear [don't forget hexes]) is difficult, especially in a bar/social setting. To remedy this, you might want to think about a container of some kind. You can try something like the BD Boa (http://www.bdel.com/gear/boa.php).

The quality of your rack is important as well. No female will give you the time of day unless you're sporting a full BD rack. It is not advisable to buy off-brand equipment, even if it makes perfect fiscal sense. You want to spring for the top of the line to maximize your chances with the opposite sex. Spend a considerable amount of time making sure that your rack is polished and shiny. Consider investing in some sort of waxing agent to really bring out the shine of the Camalots.

Finally, and I think someone brought this up earlier, make sure to take your shirt off often. However, this alone is not enough. You must make constant remarks how your back is ripped, and how pumped your forearms are after that sick .13a onsight. Relax, I know you can't climb harder than 5.9, this is not relevant. It is important to greatly exaggerate your ability. Besides, the difference between 5.9 and 5.13 is only 4, that's not much at all. It is completely believable, just don't get carried away (5.14 onsight is considered carried away).

While all of that will get you incredible female attention, don't forget to augment your efforts by completely fabricating some sort of an epic adventure story. Make sure it follows the standard scenario:

1. You set out on a simple climbing trip.
2. You and your partner find yourself in a predicament (rope getting stuck, ran out of water, attacking lions, etc.)
3. You perform a heroic feat (cut yourself and let your partner drink your blood for hydration, for example)
4. You fight off a monster and use its sinew to make a new rope to rappel to safety, and therefore save the day.

These factors individually do not make much of a difference, but when combined they will improve your female situation drastically. Please report back with your experience after sufficient time spent in the field with these new modifications to your female hunting arsenal.

jt512

Apr 18, 2008, 3:33 AM
Post #16 of 194 (20438 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
that said, the original poster sounds like he took up climbing in order to get chicks (which is always a bad idea), and now he is disappointed that it does not get him bar-fly cred.

More likely, he took up posting to catch fish, and I doubt he is disappointed.

Jay

Partner hosh

Apr 18, 2008, 3:52 AM
Post #17 of 194 (20390 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sev] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In addition, I would like to add that you must be ready to camp at any given moment. Not only should you carry your entire rack at all times, but also a bivy kit that's only big enough for one person (but could fit 2 in a pinch). This bivy kit must always be with you. Chicks dig a prepared man. Also spend LOTS of time talking about your nuts. Most girls will think this is a reference to your testicles, but that's ok. Play it up. And cuss a lot. Chicks dig dirty mouths. If none of this works, try the direct approach. here's a sample:

you: "Hey, want to see my nuts? I'm a climber. [cuss word]"
her: "what?"
you: "Yeah, [cuss word] I've got a full rack."
her: "you've got a rack?"
you: "[cuss word] Oh, I mean can I see your rack?"
her: "no."
you: "I've got a bivy kit you know..."
her: "seriously, shut up. I'm sick of your spray."
you: "yeah, and I can bivy anywhere. In fact this one time, on this one super [cuss word] sick epic [blah blah blah] and then the rope got stuck and [blah blah blah] and we were out of gear so I had to sling the bolts on the sport climb next to the [cuss word] super hard boulder problem I was working [blah blah blah] and we had to bivy. [cuss word]"
her: {she's already gone}
you: {Turning to her not as hot friend} "Hey, want to give me sex?"
her friend: "Hell no."

See? Works every time!

hosh.

(This post was edited by hosh on Apr 18, 2008, 4:14 AM)

the1esteban

Apr 18, 2008, 3:53 AM
Post #18 of 194 (20386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if by climber you mean someone who is selfish, dirty, go away for undefined periods of time to places they've never heard of, have rough, dry, nasty hands, talk about climbing all the time, think going climbing makes for a good date, holds a job just to pay for gear and "life goals" translate to projects...then maybe.
how the hell would i know?

(This post was edited by the1esteban on Apr 18, 2008, 3:54 AM)

OMJAHMAN

Apr 18, 2008, 4:15 AM
Post #19 of 194 (20346 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well from my experience, are finger tips/hands are hard as rocks/and rough as sand paper, we sweat alot, alot of us are unemployed, we could care less about shopping unless its at REI,we use weird words, hmm yea just get a climbing chick.

CrimpinAintEasy

Apr 18, 2008, 4:21 AM
Post #20 of 194 (20337 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Myxomatosis] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Myxomatosis wrote:
Girls like money... thats all...

Just cater to their shallowness and they will be all yours.

yeah, ALL girls are shallow... I'm sure you're getting laid on a regular basis.

I personally LOVE climbers, but that's mainly because, when dating, i like to find guys with whom I have common interests. Maybe you're looking in the wrong places. If you want a shallow girl who wears a lot of make-up, has soft hands, wears high heels and likes to go out to fancy dinners, you probably need to sell your rack, get you a job at a bank and go find your trophy lady...

However if you're looking for a chick who will spend a week in a tent, can cook a gourmet meal with a Pocket Rocket, and probably out maneuver your ass on the crag... then (assuming you're not just saying you're a climber in hopes of getting in her pants) the fact that you are a climber is more likely going to be a turn on.

That being said... climber or no... girls tend to like the person overall, not just what they do... so don't be a pompous ass and you should be just fine.

timd

Apr 18, 2008, 4:22 AM
Post #21 of 194 (20333 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

If you are looking for a sport to pick up chicks with then join the cheer squad.

Partner angry

Apr 18, 2008, 4:23 AM
Post #22 of 194 (20332 views)
Shortcut

Re: [OMJAHMAN] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

To interject some seriousness here.

I have been making a concerted effort to only chase non-climbing women the last several months. While nothing has "stuck" just yet, I will say that I've enjoyed the dates, the company, and the conversation of these average non-climbers so much more. Now that I'm ignoring the climbing women, my dates are so much better!!!

So as a dedicated climber who will never ever stop, for me, I want a non-climber (I'll probably see a total hottie at the gym tomorrow and completely change my stance).

rockvaulter

Apr 18, 2008, 4:53 AM
Post #23 of 194 (20296 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Though I find this thread just completly retarded id like to throw my $.02 cents in.

I find girls who don't do EVERYTHING i do much easier to talk to. THe fact that we share alot of things in common gives us common ground, but having differences (especially climbing) makes for an exciting relationship. My gf is not a climber, but a dancer and plays some wicked awesome piano. But she is trying to learn to climb just to know what its like and try to enjoy what i love. Likewise, I cannot carry a tune with a bucket, but i try my hardest to learn what she loves too.

Climbing isn't everything...

But pretty F^%*ing close!

Ains

Apr 18, 2008, 4:59 AM
Post #24 of 194 (20288 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

girls don't care about rock climbing and if they do it's because they climb because a boyfriend got them into it-plain and simple

Partner camhead

Apr 18, 2008, 5:03 AM
Post #25 of 194 (20282 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
camhead wrote:

More likely, he took up posting to catch fish, and I doubt he is disappointed.

Jay

oh goddammit. I'm losing my judgement.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook