Forums: Community: Campground:
Klownjaya's sulking thread....
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3492 3493 3494 3495 3496 3497 3498 3499 3500 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Apr 23, 2008, 5:09 AM
Post #87376 of 97182 (1983 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] There's a disturbance in the force... [In reply to]
Report this Post

ptftw!!

whoo!

snoopy138

Apr 23, 2008, 5:09 AM
Post #87377 of 97182 (1981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

snoopy138 wrote:
ptftw!!

whoo!

nfg!

Partner epoch

Apr 23, 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #87378 of 97182 (1974 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Marnin Yinz

tripperjm

Apr 23, 2008, 1:50 PM
Post #87379 of 97182 (1972 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
Anyone know much about rifle CO? Besides art who refuses to come here anymore Unimpressed

I have been there a bunch, what do you want to know?
Are there any climbs there under 11 for one? Is it a good place to go on a short trip? Is it crazy busy on weekends in July?

jack didn't answer anything, so ...

probably a few, but I'm guessing not many.

no idea.

I think it's not really a summer area, but could be rong.

Rifle doesn't have very many routes that are less than 5.11, "Purple and Green" (10d) on the Anti Phil Wall, is the only one that is any gud that comes to mind. The Ice Cave Wall likely has the largest concentration of easy routes, (several 5.10's and easy 11's) though I haven't done many of them. We went there one day with Alex and climbsomething on a rest day and had some fun. "Feline" 11c is real gud though. If you can do 5.11's there is a handfull of routes worth doing. The two routes on the Meat Wall are gud, "Cold cuts" 11a and "80' of Meat" 11b. The 4 routes on the rt side of the Project Wall are gud, They are all 11b or 11c. Of course the "Defenseless Betty" 11d is real gud. "Rumor Has It" 11a on the Sapper Wall is gud.

The weather will be warm during July and it does get crowded on the weekends. That being said I have spent a lot of time in July in Rifle and have climbed on the weekends during this time. Generally I think late aug early sept is the best time to go. During the spring the walls are still dripping, summer is hot during the midday. All that being said I would go, even in July and even though there are not a lot of easy routes. Bring a stick clip and party down. Rifle is located in a beautiful canyon with shade on one side or the other and a stream running down the middle, with pay camping in the canyon and free OB camping up the hill in the forest. There is also a daily fee to use the park and the rangers are pretty strict about it... so pay your daily fee or get a ticket.

Feel free to ask more if you like.

obsessed

Apr 23, 2008, 2:22 PM
Post #87380 of 97182 (1983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
Anyone know much about rifle CO? Besides art who refuses to come here anymore Unimpressed

Are there any climbs there under 11 for one? Is it a good place to go on a short trip? Is it crazy busy on weekends in July?

no idea.

Any other suggestions then? Where do you climb in July in CA?

obsessed

Apr 23, 2008, 2:29 PM
Post #87381 of 97182 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] There's a disturbance in the force... [In reply to]
Report this Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:

no idea.

Rifle doesn't have very many routes that are less than 5.11, "Purple and Green" (10d) on the Anti Phil Wall, is the only one that is any gud that comes to mind. The Ice Cave Wall likely has the largest concentration of easy routes, (several 5.10's and easy 11's) though I haven't done many of them. We went there one day with Alex and climbsomething on a rest day and had some fun. "Feline" 11c is real gud though. If you can do 5.11's there is a handfull of routes worth doing. The two routes on the Meat Wall are gud, "Cold cuts" 11a and "80' of Meat" 11b. The 4 routes on the rt side of the Project Wall are gud, They are all 11b or 11c. Of course the "Defenseless Betty" 11d is real gud. "Rumor Has It" 11a on the Sapper Wall is gud.

The weather will be warm during July and it does get crowded on the weekends. That being said I have spent a lot of time in July in Rifle and have climbed on the weekends during this time. Generally I think late aug early sept is the best time to go. During the spring the walls are still dripping, summer is hot during the midday. All that being said I would go, even in July and even though there are not a lot of easy routes. Bring a stick clip and party down. Rifle is located in a beautiful canyon with shade on one side or the other and a stream running down the middle, with pay camping in the canyon and free OB camping up the hill in the forest. There is also a daily fee to use the park and the rangers are pretty strict about it... so pay your daily fee or get a ticket.

Feel free to ask more if you like.
Thanks for the info. For some reason this place intrigues me. I can't climb 11s but I can have fun trying.

snoopy138

Apr 23, 2008, 9:53 PM
Post #87382 of 97182 (1952 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] There's a disturbance in the force... [In reply to]
Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:

no idea.

Tahquitz. Suicide. Needles. stuff up in teh zeke/CI part of the world. Williamson jack's not so way new or way sick. big bear.

tripperjm

Apr 24, 2008, 7:04 AM
Post #87383 of 97182 (1931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:

no idea.

The best place in the US for easy sport and is nice in July is , Drum roll..... Maple Canyon in Utah. gud camping (for a small fee) right in the canyon. You can walk to all the climbing from your campsite. Showers, easy routes on unique rock, and best of all it is nice in July as long as you climb in the shade, and there is plenty of shady walls. Too many cliffs to name but if you check out The School Room and Zen Garden you will find plenty of easy(5.10 and easier) bolted sport routes to chose from.

obsessed

Apr 24, 2008, 2:28 PM
Post #87384 of 97182 (1919 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] There's a disturbance in the force... [In reply to]
Report this Post

tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:

no idea.

The best place in the US for easy sport and is nice in July is , Drum roll..... Maple Canyon in Utah. gud camping (for a small fee) right in the canyon. You can walk to all the climbing from your campsite. Showers, easy routes on unique rock, and best of all it is nice in July as long as you climb in the shade, and there is plenty of shady walls. Too many cliffs to name but if you check out The School Room and Zen Garden you will find plenty of easy(5.10 and easier) bolted sport routes to chose from.

Sounds perfect. Going to see how much a flight costs to there and the closest airport

Partner camhead

Apr 24, 2008, 4:05 PM
Post #87385 of 97182 (1906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:

no idea.

Sounds perfect. Going to see how much a flight costs to there and the closest airport

SLC is the closest major airport. It is about 2.5 hours from Maple; you will have to rent a car.

I second that Maple is THE best destination crag for diverse abilities in the middle of the summer.

One thing though: there is next to nothing to do in any of the nearby towns, other than watch movies. No bars, nightlife, nothing. It is the epitome of small town, isolated Mormondom.

zeke_sf

Apr 24, 2008, 5:41 PM
Post #87386 of 97182 (1894 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] There's a disturbance in the force... [In reply to]
Report this Post

camhead wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:

no idea.

SLC is the closest major airport. It is about 2.5 hours from Maple; you will have to rent a car.

I second that Maple is THE best destination crag for diverse abilities in the middle of the summer.

One thing though: there is next to nothing to do in any of the nearby towns, other than watch movies. No bars, nightlife, nothing. It is the epitome of small town, isolated Mormondom.

Nothing to do? You call consolidating my harem of underage wives at my white power fuck Katie Brown in the asshole compound nothing to do? You are a shortsighted, my friend.

jt512

Apr 24, 2008, 5:47 PM
Post #87387 of 97182 (1889 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zeke_sf] There's a disturbance in the force... [In reply to]
Report this Post

zeke_sf wrote:
camhead wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:

no idea.

Nothing to do? You call consolidating my harem of underage wives at my white power fuck Katie Brown in the asshole compound nothing to do?

Well, that goes without saying. I'm sure he meant that besides consolidating your harem of underage wives at your white power fuck Katie Brown in the asshole compound, there is nothing to do.

Jay

bender

Apr 24, 2008, 6:01 PM
Post #87388 of 97182 (1884 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] There's a disturbance in the force... [In reply to]
Report this Post

you sure? seems that ass really aint what it used to be

zeke_sf

Apr 24, 2008, 6:10 PM
Post #87389 of 97182 (1879 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bender] There's a disturbance in the force... [In reply to]
Report this Post

bender wrote:

Shut the fuck up, Donny! Yore ass needz to get out of our biznatch before we kutz ur rope, ewe ignor4nt n00bi14n coxsuckor!

snoopy138

Apr 24, 2008, 6:30 PM
Post #87390 of 97182 (1875 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

bender wrote:

shut the fuck up, donny.

snoopy138

Apr 24, 2008, 6:32 PM
Post #87391 of 97182 (1868 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zeke_sf] There's a disturbance in the force... [In reply to]
Report this Post

zeke_sf wrote:
bender wrote:

Shut the fuck up, Donny! Yore ass needz to get out of our biznatch before we kutz ur rope, ewe ignor4nt n00bi14n coxsuckor!

good point.

man, this thing loads fucking slowly.

imnotclever

Apr 24, 2008, 6:36 PM
Post #87392 of 97182 (1861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

bender wrote:

I likes the kind of guy? who signs up and then waits 6 years to make his first post and then by post #3 is in the BET.

I anticipate great pc++ from this one.

But first. STFU Donny! Your out of your element?

Partner camhead

Apr 24, 2008, 6:59 PM
Post #87393 of 97182 (1852 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imnotclever] There's a disturbance in the force... [In reply to]
Report this Post

bender wrote:

what, you mean "underaged?"

oh, right, no müllestashun jokes. sorry.

kachoong

Apr 24, 2008, 7:24 PM
Post #87394 of 97182 (1837 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

camhead wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:

no idea.

I found Smith to be like that too..... although a small town can be well summed up by Natimuk near Arapiles.... dunno about the mormons but you will surprisingly find a decent milkshake.

obsessed

Apr 24, 2008, 7:26 PM
Post #87395 of 97182 (1834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

camhead wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:

no idea.

No good deals to be had right now on flights to SLC. Too far to drive for 5 days. Not sure if I like the isolated momondom either. But then again we could go find some innocent virgin mormon boys to play with Angelic

bender

Apr 24, 2008, 7:46 PM
Post #87396 of 97182 (1840 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

i meant nothing actually cam

id just dropped my lighter and as everyone in here seems to be smoking something i though it a likely place to check

do though link me to the cliffnotes on this donny'ism

thanks

(This post was edited by bender on Apr 24, 2008, 7:47 PM)

Partner epoch

Apr 24, 2008, 7:52 PM
Post #87397 of 97182 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

bender wrote:
Not another one[ellipses]

Partner epoch

Apr 24, 2008, 7:53 PM
Post #87398 of 97182 (1831 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

bender wrote:

id just dropped my lighter and as everyone in here seems to be smoking something i though it a likely place to check

thanks
Start on page one. Let us know when you're caught up.

Partner epoch

Apr 24, 2008, 7:54 PM
Post #87399 of 97182 (1828 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] There's a disturbance in the force... [In reply to]
Report this Post

epoch wrote:
bender wrote:

thanks
Start on page one. Let us know when your caught up.

zeke_sf

Apr 24, 2008, 8:15 PM
Post #87400 of 97182 (1817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

bender wrote:

thanks

Cliffnotes? You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

Here's your cliffnotes, pal http://www.rockclimbing.com/...1;page=unread#unread
Page fucking one! Start there and we'll talk when you've caught up.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3492 3493 3494 3495 3496 3497 3498 3499 3500 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook