RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

doz

May 28, 2008, 12:04 AM
Post #1 of 6 (2587 views)
Shortcut

Daisy chain-attaches ?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

All right so do you girth hitch your daisy chains through your belay loop or through both leg and waist loops? I have always gone through both leg and waist, but occasionally see people with there DC through the belay loop. With all the talk of belay loops failing was just wondering what do you do?

Doz

timm

May 28, 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #2 of 6 (2580 views)
Shortcut

Re: [doz] Daisy chain-attaches ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

doz wrote:
All right so do you girth hitch your daisy chains through your belay loop or through both leg and waist loops? I have always gone through both leg and waist, but occasionally see people with there DC through the belay loop. With all the talk of belay loops failing was just wondering what do you do?

Doz

Loops ?? Have there been more belay loops failing other than Todd Skinner's ??

But, to answer your question, on the rare occasion that I use a daisy chain, I put them thru both the leg and waist tie-in points.

(This post was edited by timm on May 28, 2008, 12:24 AM)

socalclimber

May 28, 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #3 of 6 (2563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've always girth'd them to the belay loop. I don't really worry about my belay loop breaking because I inspect my gear.

vegastradguy

May 28, 2008, 1:25 AM
Post #4 of 6 (2547 views)
Shortcut

Re: [socalclimber] Daisy chain-attaches ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

through the tie-ins.

generally speaking, the belay loop is for metal, tie-ins for for nylon and are re-enforced as such. while i dont necessarily worry about the daisy abrading the belay loop....my tie-ins are extra beefy. plus i just dont like daisies on my belay loop- makes them longer than necessary, and i like to keep 'em short when i actually use them.

swaghole

May 28, 2008, 2:33 AM
Post #5 of 6 (2520 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

doz wrote:

Doz

I prefer to girth-hitch through the leg and waist tie-ins. This way, even when I am hanging on the daisy chain or sling, the belay loop is still easily accessible. If you girth hitch the belay loop and weigh it, it becomes difficult to clip a biner to the belay loop.

pmoff

Jun 11, 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #6 of 6 (2143 views)
Shortcut

Re: [swaghole] Daisy chain-attaches ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I totally agree with the reply above me. If you are using a daisy chain on multi pitch or walls, there is so much crap down there in your crotch, if you run the daisy thru the belay loop, its just going to get in the way even more with your belay device. I also girth-hitch through the leg and waist.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook